The Student Room Group

to ask or not to ask

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tamimi
Probably just a break down in communication. Ask, but be ready for the worst.

yea...what could be the worse u think? Is the risk worth taking/ Or shld i live on with this curiousity? Will i be judged more for not asking or for leaving things as it is?
Original post by curiousitykillsthe
Many people think this girl is fake too but im just curious..so ur saying that there's no point in thinking ur in the wrong for such a person and i shld just move on? If she goes round spreading stuff about me people can juddge for themselves?

Yeah! I mean, you can hate her for ever, but it will only make matters worse. Or you can ignore her (REALLY IGNORE HER) and she will realise she was wrong.
Reply 22
so ur saying that it's probably a subjective reason and even if i use that to "improve knowledge of my behaviour" people dont like people all the time for various reasons and no reason to change myself for such a person?

YES! Judging from her character she will just be bitchy about it.. the ONLY thing you will gain is to know that she is bitchy and will not help u "improve" yourself—something which you should already know.

And it's been so long, whatever happened has probably died down. You might as well let it go, before you ignite her wrath again, and more things spread. This time, she will have more ammunition against you because YOU STARTED IT. I don't like asking people especially when they are not very close and you don't know if they will appreciate you asking. If they do not, they might see it as you feeling guilty and this will make them want to make you feel worse. You girls do not seem all that pally and couldn't have been when it's just a few hi-byes in freshers. If she got sooo offended at something you could have done, you're either too daft to realise or she is too sensitive and petty to forget. Seeing as your posing questions here and self-reflecting, i think it's the latter. And in my opinion, you were still nice to her before she got absolutely rude. If she could be so mad to that extent and cannot find the heart to forgive, forget it.

Going back to my exams. good luck with this! gget over it soon!
Girls can be like that. Honestly, that's sort of like my friend with this boy. Her and him were really friendly for about a month, perhaps two. And then she literally just went off him and began ignoring him. She just got tired of talking to him all the time and realised she didn't really wanna, which is strange. So he ignores her too. But now, she says she likes him. She wants to be friends again but he is still ignoring her since he doesn't realise. So she gets all sad now. I think she likes him since he's got way better looking, that sort of thing. She said she stopped talking to him in the first place since he always bothered her over facebook chat and his internet personality is really weird. Also, he told his mother about her. Which i personally find cute and sweet and a bit strange. Though...flattering? on her behalf. This girl...I would go talk to her if i were you, or at least try. Not in an intimidating way, but perhaps stop ignoring her. If she doesn't make eye contact with you, she likely doesn't wanna talk to you or else she feels awkward because of the fact she has been ignoring you and she wants to be friends again. I'm a girl, i know these things! even drop her a message over text or facebook chat and see if she replies? try thaw the ice a bit. Good luck, I hope all goes well!
Reply 24
also can i just add.. live life for yourself. If by far she's the only one that is treating you like this, it is unlikely to be your problem. Don't be worried that people will judge you based on this. Everyone has their own mind. If she comes to tell me curiousitykills is this this that that, I can think for myself. Don't overestimate her opinion and underestimate your social skills.
Original post by ScienceConfusion
Girls can be like that. Honestly, that's sort of like my friend with this boy. Her and him were really friendly for about a month, perhaps two. And then she literally just went off him and began ignoring him. She just got tired of talking to him all the time and realised she didn't really wanna, which is strange. So he ignores her too. But now, she says she likes him. She wants to be friends again but he is still ignoring her since he doesn't realise. So she gets all sad now. I think she likes him since he's got way better looking, that sort of thing. She said she stopped talking to him in the first place since he always bothered her over facebook chat and his internet personality is really weird. Also, he told his mother about her. Which i personally find cute and sweet and a bit strange. Though...flattering? on her behalf. This girl...I would go talk to her if i were you, or at least try. Not in an intimidating way, but perhaps stop ignoring her. If she doesn't make eye contact with you, she likely doesn't wanna talk to you or else she feels awkward because of the fact she has been ignoring you and she wants to be friends again. I'm a girl, i know these things! even drop her a message over text or facebook chat and see if she replies? try thaw the ice a bit. Good luck, I hope all goes well!

For sure, after asking, we still will not be friends.
i tried being nice to her before ignoring her..and she NEVER makes eye contact and when i say hi, she goes "hi" (mumbled), and looks away. I dont really want her as a friend to be honest,friends should want to make up with me too and her behaviour doesn't suggest that. I just wonder if her reason for starting all this ignoring crap is worth me asking why and seeing if it is my problem, if it is I can just keep it in mind and note that such people who don't like this part of me exists. Now i dont know if i will get even a frank answer if i ask, and will she go round spreading that im asking this when we've been ignoring each other for more than a year? lol
Original post by Jilly.0
also can i just add.. live life for yourself. If by far she's the only one that is treating you like this, it is unlikely to be your problem. Don't be worried that people will judge you based on this. Everyone has their own mind. If she comes to tell me curiousitykills is this this that that, I can think for myself. Don't overestimate her opinion and underestimate your social skills.

thank u very much!!!! :biggrin:
For sure, after asking, we still will not be friends.
i tried being nice to her before ignoring her..and she NEVER makes eye contact and when i say hi, she goes "hi" (mumbled), and looks away. I dont really want her as a friend to be honest,friends should want to make up with me too and her behaviour doesn't suggest that. I just wonder if her reason for starting all this ignoring crap is worth me asking why and seeing if it is my problem, if it is I can just keep it in mind and note that such people who don't like this part of me exists. Now i dont know if i will get even a frank answer if i ask, and will she go round spreading that im asking this when we've been ignoring each other for more than a year? lol

Oh, well if you've tried. If she doesn't like a particular aspect of your personality, then so what? I'm sure if you have other friends and lots of people like you, then there's no point in convicting yourself of being a bad person. Everyone has slight imperfections, and she seems to have an awful lot more than you do. You've made the effort. She hasn't. If you do ask her, and she goes round spreading stuff (which she likely will, to her friends) then there's no point, she's two faced. She already seems really two faced, from what she's done. She's not genuinely a nice person, and you seem to be. Hang onto the friends you've got, and forget about her. whatever she thinks about you, or anyone else does can bring you down. Just ignore it and be try not to get too wound up or absorbed in what other people think. It doesn't matter what other people think of you, it matters what you think of yourself - Don't change for one person.
Reply 28
You gon lurn duhdey !
Original post by ScienceConfusion
Oh, well if you've tried. If she doesn't like a particular aspect of your personality, then so what? I'm sure if you have other friends and lots of people like you, then there's no point in convicting yourself of being a bad person. Everyone has slight imperfections, and she seems to have an awful lot more than you do. You've made the effort. She hasn't. If you do ask her, and she goes round spreading stuff (which she likely will, to her friends) then there's no point, she's two faced. She already seems really two faced, from what she's done. She's not genuinely a nice person, and you seem to be. Hang onto the friends you've got, and forget about her. whatever she thinks about you, or anyone else does can bring you down. Just ignore it and be try not to get too wound up or absorbed in what other people think. It doesn't matter what other people think of you, it matters what you think of yourself - Don't change for one person.

Thank u..what you said was really nice..I do have alot of friends around me who tell me time and again not to be too bothered about what others say if i have done nothing but the right thing, and i CONSCIOUSLY tell myself never to offend people. She is the first person in my life who ignored me for no reason and even got rude (if u read my first ever post u can see that).

So the fact that i tried to be nice gave her enough chances to tell me whats gone wrong with our relationship, and the fact that she just became rude shows that she will not genuinely tell me the reason and the fact that i dont care for her friendship, i shld just forget about asking her (even if there is,however slight, a possibility that i might have done something to offend her cos that might be just a subjective opinion as well)?
Original post by Reform
You gon lurn duhdey !

sorry but me dont understand it...:biggrin:
Reply 31
yea...what could be the worse u think? Is the risk worth taking/ Or shld i live on with this curiousity? Will i be judged more for not asking or for leaving things as it is?

Worst: Your curiosity leads to the ignition of a series of misfotunate invents, following which the world ceases to exist.

But on a more realistic scale, we've established that you care too much to let it go. May as well talk about it.

Just be ready for whatever outcome you may get even for something like "Go away I hate you".
Original post by tamimi
Worst: Your curiosity leads to the ignition of a series of misfotunate invents, following which the world ceases to exist.

But on a more realistic scale, we've established that you care too much to let it go. May as well talk about it.

Just be ready for whatever outcome you may get even for something like "Go away I hate you".

the likelihood of me getting such a response is alot higher than a proper reason per se u think? Btw as much as it sounds more like a self-consolation, i really dont care about her, but whether or not her not liking me is with a reason tht i've overlooked as a personal flaw, and might be something i want to change. So if chances are (with the inferrence of brilliant minds like urselves on thestudentroom) that i wouldnt get a constructive answer, i rather my world continue on without asking. what do u think?
haha sorry.
basically there's a girl whom i used to be on friendly terms with for about a month..she suddenly got really rude and pissy..becos i was offended too, i just tried to be nice but it got to a point where being nice was making me look stupid, so i ignored her as well.. Its been more than a year since we last spoke but i am still curious as to why she started ignoring me in the first place... am wondering if i shld ask, or just let it go. I feel that if i ask, n if shes rude to me it reflects badly on her but at least i've tried..most friends say it's not worth trying.

Your friends are right. It isn't worth the effort, you don't make contact with each other and you haven't for a year. Like they say, don't try and fix what doesn't need fixing.
Original post by Ice Constricter
Your friends are right. It isn't worth the effort, you don't make contact with each other and you haven't for a year. Like they say, don't try and fix what doesn't need fixing.

Thank u! Actually im not trying to fix our relationship cos even if she wants to be friends with me, she really isnt worth my time. i want to ask because im in a "self-reflection mode" and am wondering whether or not her not liking me is with a reason tht i've overlooked as a personal flaw, and might be something i want to change. So if chances are (with the inferrence of brilliant minds like urselves on thestudentroom) that i wouldnt get a constructive answer, i rather my world continue on without asking. what do u think? my friends think that she wouldnt be frank with her answers anyway even if she does give an answer cos she'll more likely than not continue being bitchy, and her answers are only subjective to her views and shld not make me change myself esp for someone like her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending