Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone,is there anyone whose going to sit for this exam tomorrow?
    howz ur revision going?

ReputationRep:
    Currently im failing
    But I found this awesum website that really helps a lot.

See below

https://sites.google.com/site/bsbfurtherigcsemaths/

Gives a lot of useful tutorials! Hope you have time to go through it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leafy9)
    I'm doing this exam. I wish I didn't. The stuff is too hard for me. Hopefully Monday will be good... I have 3 exams on that day...
    woah 3 in a day that must be really stressful!! :eek:

but further maths was really tough but i think i can pass

ReputationRep:
    your school is having the ICT practical on monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muf_mur)
    your school is having the ICT practical on monday?
    No. I have Chemistry edexcel and Geography CIE on monday. I don't think anyone is doing ICT practical.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone's centre given out paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    how was the paper 2 everyone?

ReputationRep:
    how was the paper 2 everyone?
    Paper 1 was hard. Paper 2 was much easier, even though it was still difficult.

What grade do you think you got?

ReputationRep:

What grade do you think you got?
    yeah paper 2 was a lot easier than paper 1...i'll get something between 70-75
    i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL) and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!

ReputationRep:
    i left the stationary points question bcos i cudnt differentiate(i actually wrote the steps to find stationary points and a note to the examiner that i cudnt differentiate but knew how to solve it LOL) and the last question in vectors so thats around 15 mks gone.....i cant really say which grade i m gona get cos the grade boundaries in further maths are soo unpredictable..and HIGH!
    Lucky you! Much more optimistic than me.
    I'd be lucky if I could manage a B. I'm suspecting a C. I was unlucky to have a bad math teacher for over half of the year.

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Pages...oundaries.aspx

This gives you the previous grade boundaries for all the subjects in Edexcel. You can have a good idea of what the boundaries are this year according to the difficultly of the paper.

ReputationRep:

wow you are gud at f.maths!!
    i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nithpriya)
    wow you are gud at f.maths!!
    i think i'd get between the 20-35 mark range! hope to get an E at least!! :'(
    i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
    btw that website u posted really helped...

ReputationRep:
    i am not really gud at pure math its just my expectations in paper 2 that are high paper 1 is seriously gonna let me down....:mad:
    btw that website u posted really helped...
    thanx!
    my expectations for this exam are really low!

ReputationRep:
    i hope the grade boundaries are low because i think i did really bad in paper 1.. im so annoyed because paper 2 was so easy but didnt have time to finish the last question even though i was able to do it all! and it was worth 17 marks -.-.... these grade boundaries are really unpredictable.. january 2012 was easy but it was 67 for an A, june 2011 was a bit harder but 78 for an A or something like that i forgot..

ReputationRep:
    grade boundaries fpm may 2012
    79/100 A*
    65/100 A
    51/100 B
    37/100 C
    23/100 D
    16/100 E

ReputationRep:
    i agree

A* is 79 :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I hope to get a B

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    so wat did u guys get in fpm?
    i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)

ReputationRep:
    so wat did u guys get in fpm?
    i got a B (i'm soo grateful!!)
    Great job! I heard even getting a B is very, very hard I'm now preparing for the exam next monday.. This is so scary.. I still have some types of questions that I have no idea how to answer.
    Any tips?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.