So how did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    I failed......badly.....
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garyheehee)
    I failed......badly.....
    You?
    I found it all right. I think i messed up a little bit but overall nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emissionspectra)
    I found it all right. I think i messed up a little bit but overall nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be!
    Ah, lucky
    Did you get the value for D in the end?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went pretty well! I messed up the equation in the decay of K-, mind went blank! I just wrote proton in haste even though I knew it was wrong.

For the electron capture I put the antineutrino rather than the normal neutrino. Oh and that 6 marker on AC?! I didn't really know what it wanted me to write, the top half of my answer was some made up stuff but I think I got some of the points in the bottom half.

Surprisingly, no resistivity came up, didn't even come up in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garyheehee)
    Ah, lucky
    Did you get the value for D in the end?
    For D I think I got 0.23 metres squared but dunno if that's right. My resistive force was 505N

D4rth I think you're talking about a different exam :rolleyes: I think this is for the WJEC exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornet_56)
    For D I think I got 0.23 metres squared but dunno if that's right. My resistive force was 505N

D4rth I think you're talking about a different exam :rolleyes: I think this is for the WJEC exam
    *sneaks out the back door*

I was wondering why everyone was talking about D, "wjec" doesn't come up in the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D4rth)
    *sneaks out the back door*

I was wondering why everyone was talking about D, "wjec" doesn't come up in the thread title.
    I think i got the same, i know i got a resitive force of 505N

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I got most of the spring constant question wrong, I used the wrong equations etc
    For the table in the first question on circuits, would the charge have gone through Buzzer P even if the switch was on? My last six values were all 'on'. It looked wrong but I didn't change it :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I got most of the spring constant question wrong, I used the wrong equations etc
    For the table in the first question on circuits, would the charge have gone through Buzzer P even if the switch was on? My last six values were all 'on'. It looked wrong but I didn't change it :/
    If the switch was open it would have if it was closed it wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    I put current at 0.07 not 0.067, so i got charge at 8.4C will i still get the marks ? and put power as 47.6 and not 48.0 cos i rounded off the previous question. someone tell me!!

ReputationRep:
    8.4C?! Which question are you talking about?
    One of my charges was was 17000 or something but the current was 120A!
    You talking about the right exam? lol

ReputationRep:
    8.4C?! Which question are you talking about?
    One of my charges was was 17000 or something but the current was 120A!
    You talking about the right exam? lol
    Ye I got that, what did you get for the Current when the spanner was dropped in between the terminals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emissionspectra)
    Ye I got that, what did you get for the Current when the spanner was dropped in between the terminals?
    I got something like 0.07 after I divided something. but then I realised I should multiply, and got thousands of amps instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleverslacker)
    I got something like 0.07 after I divided something. but then I realised I should multiply, and got thousands of amps instead
    I said infinite/ very very high.

ReputationRep:
    I think you had to divide current (120A) by Ir (0.03)

ReputationRep:
    I got 400 amps for the spanner one...
    So far I think I've lost about 15 marks what dya thing the grade boundary will be based on how everyone found it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleverslacker)
    I think you had to divide current (120A) by Ir (0.03)
    ughh i got 0.03 but then i changed it to 0.1

Arrgh, Hated it. Overall I have to admit the paper wasn't as bad as a comparison to the past papers. Guys I is so important that you sleep well the night before and have breakfast before going on. I got to experience it.

ReputationRep:
    I found it harder than most past papers, but not as hard as Jan 2012.

What did you guys put for the PD required to cause current in a super conductor? I put greater than zero

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.