Scroll to see replies

did anyone else find this very hard?!!
Original post by student0696

Yeah ><
Reply 62
Original post by student0696

I didn't find it too bad. Some parts were challenging though, and I had to correct some mistakes at the end.

I don't think the grade boundaries will be very high, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 63
Original post by mike256
I didn't find it too bad. Some parts were challenging though, and I had to correct some mistakes at the end.

I don't think the grade boundaries will be very high, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It was completely straightforward. I very much doubt grade boundaries will be high.
Reply 64
Might have lost my A star distinction. I should get 100% on the first paper. Todays paper, I lost around 2 marks for the increasing function. The answer was -5<=X<=5. And my mind went funny on the area of the triangle. I did 4x + x instead of 4x X x on one of the smaller triangles, so I had 2.5 as an area. Hope that is 1 mark lost.
Reply 65
I thought the paper was quite straight forward, in comparison to unit 1 anyway. The last question was the only one that puzzled me, what did everyone get as the nature of the points?
Reply 66
Original post by lukeface
I thought the paper was quite straight forward, in comparison to unit 1 anyway. The last question was the only one that puzzled me, what did everyone get as the nature of the points?

It was a maximum point and a point of inflection I think.
Reply 67
Original post by lukeface

expand the brackets for the first derivative, then differentiate again for the second derivative. Substitute the x values for the two stationary points, for (0, 4/3), the second derivative is -4. Therefore it is a maximum point. For (2,0), the second derivative is 0. Therefore it is a point of inflection.
Reply 68
I'm hoping for half marks on this paper and 65-70% on the first paper. I dropped 10 marks with questions I didn't answer at all and probably another 10-15 with ones where I put some working but no answer.

I thought this one was much harder than tuesdays, and matrices came up on BOTH papers! That was the one topic I couldn't do at all and hadn't attempted to learn because I ran out of time! Though I was pleased graphs of sin & cos came up because I learnt those last night :P
Original post by lelikins
I'm hoping for half marks on this paper and 65-70% on the first paper. I dropped 10 marks with questions I didn't answer at all and probably another 10-15 with ones where I put some working but no answer.

I thought this one was much harder than tuesdays, and matrices came up on BOTH papers! That was the one topic I couldn't do at all and hadn't attempted to learn because I ran out of time! Though I was pleased graphs of sin & cos came up because I learnt those last night :P

I got so confused on the graphs..what did you put?
Reply 70
Original post by Dan01
Might have lost my A star distinction. I should get 100% on the first paper. Todays paper, I lost around 2 marks for the increasing function. The answer was -5<=X<=5. And my mind went funny on the area of the triangle. I did 4x + x instead of 4x X x on one of the smaller triangles, so I had 2.5 as an area. Hope that is 1 mark lost.

The answer wasn't -5<= x <=5, Mr 100%. I went through it in class with a teacher.
Reply 71

I recon i got about the same.
Reply 72
Original post by hoa123
expand the brackets for the first derivative, then differentiate again for the second derivative. Substitute the x values for the two stationary points, for (0, 4/3), the second derivative is -4. Therefore it is a maximum point. For (2,0), the second derivative is 0. Therefore it is a point of inflection.

I left the second point as minium. I think i remember talking about inflections, but for some reason forgot they existed, and spent 30mins staring and re-checking to see where i had gone wrong. If only i knew about that nature.:mad:
Reply 73
Original post by VinhSP
The answer wasn't -5<= x <=5, Mr 100%. I went through it in class with a teacher.

So what was the answer then, Mr?
Reply 74
Original post by VinhSP

It was though...
Reply 75
Original post by VinhSP
I recon i got about the same.

Tbh I think its a pretty decent mark, I think that should get an A* because it's a GCSE so surely they can't make it harder to get an A* on this spec than on any other spec? My teacher guessed half marks would be A*, but it really was a complete guess :P
Reply 76
Original post by VinhSP

Then what was it?
I got someone who says it is -5<x<5, that the answer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by VinhSP

it was that answer
Tbh I think its a pretty decent mark, I think that should get an A* because it's a GCSE so surely they can't make it harder to get an A* on this spec than on any other spec? My teacher guessed half marks would be A*, but it really was a complete guess :P

Its Further Maths and is thus meant be a lot harder than Maths and I plan on taking this GCSE next year and the grade boundaries are unlikely to be 50% for an A*,probably around 72% just an extremely rough estimate.
I was wondering,where on the AQA website would you find the grade boundaries for this because I was looking at previous grade boundaries and it is hard to find the IGCSE grade boundaries because I am going to take this GCSE next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending