The Student Room Group

Level 2 Certificate Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Dalek1099
I was wondering,where on the AQA website would you find the grade boundaries for this because I was looking at previous grade boundaries and it is hard to find the IGCSE grade boundaries because I am going to take this GCSE next year.

You can't find IGCSE grade boundaries on AQA because they haven't offered IGCSE qualifications.

This is a new qualification, I'd expect the boundaries to be on their web site with the GCSE info later this week.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/about-results/grade-boundaries.php
Original post by gdunne42
You can't find IGCSE grade boundaries on AQA because they haven't offered IGCSE qualifications.

This is a new qualification, I'd expect the boundaries to be on their web site with the GCSE info later this week.

http://web.aqa.org.uk/exams-office/about-results/grade-boundaries.php

Looking at the website,I have just realised that IGCSEs have only started to be offered by AQA,from this year because I thought with a range of IGCSEs available,that they must have done them before this year.
Reply 82
Original post by Dalek1099
Looking at the website,I have just realised that IGCSEs have only started to be offered by AQA,from this year because I thought with a range of IGCSEs available,that they must have done them before this year.

You can
theyre officially up on the AQA website
its 30/175 for a C
31/175 for an A
112/175 for an A*
and 145/175 for an A* with distinction

THESE BOUNDARIES ARE SO LOW AND IM SO HAPPY :biggrin:
At least now i can pass :smile:
Original post by NoraHTunis
You can
theyre officially up on the AQA website
its 30/175 for a C
31/175 for an A
112/175 for an A*
and 145/175 for an A* with distinction

THESE BOUNDARIES ARE SO LOW AND IM SO HAPPY :biggrin:
At least now i can pass :smile:

I am confident that I'm definetley going to get an A*,when I do this next year maybe an A^ if I'm lucky.
From the perspective from someone who has done A-Level Maths, some of the topics e.g. calculus are covered to the difficulty of AS Level. Matrices aren't even MENTIONED in A Level Maths, only in Further Mathematics AS Level. However, the breadth of topics which are AS level material is woefully small. I'd view this as a collection of the most challenging GCSE questions with some calculus and matrices thrown in.
It's a valuable learning experience for the top GCSE students wanting to do A-Level Maths and probably A-Level Further Maths. AS Maths won't get more difficult than the calculus and matrices in this qualification, there's just a lot more other stuff :P If you found it hard, don't be surprised!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending