The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL AQA FP1 18th MAY 2012 Thread

Not long left :biggrin: How is everyones revision going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I thought it was going well. I got 73/75 on my mock, but since then things have just gone steadily down hill. I'm okay on the majority of the paper, I just always seem to hit a blank on the conics and discriminant analysis questions I do. So I think I'm just gonna spend the day doing those questions from each paper and hope I manage to sort it out by tomorrow.

I also hope that the nightmare of a C2 paper yesterday doesn't mean that all the papers this summer are going to be that difficult.
not too bad, did well in the mock but i feel like they're going to hit us with some horrible things tomorrow, i pray its not like the core 2 paper was... i guess i'll spend the rest of today going through 3 or 4 past papers, hopefully that'll prepare me well enough to get an A :smile:
Reply 3
hey guys!

i was unaware there was a C2 yesterday? i did C1 yesterday and thought it went really well, i loved the questions. I'm doing C2 tomorrow before my FP1 exam, killer!

Revision is going well though, just need to remember my complex numbers and stuff. Hope it's going well for everyone else!

Good luck :smile:
Original post by onimusha370
not too bad, did well in the mock but i feel like they're going to hit us with some horrible things tomorrow, i pray its not like the core 2 paper was... i guess i'll spend the rest of today going through 3 or 4 past papers, hopefully that'll prepare me well enough to get an A :smile:

agree with you on this. do you have any tips on recognising geometrical transformations?
Reply 5
Original post by kirstyyyg
hey guys!

i was unaware there was a C2 yesterday? i did C1 yesterday and thought it went really well, i loved the questions. I'm doing C2 tomorrow before my FP1 exam, killer!

Revision is going well though, just need to remember my complex numbers and stuff. Hope it's going well for everyone else!

Good luck :smile:

Are with AQA? How can you do Core 2 tomorrow? The exam for that was yesterday with the Core 1 paper.
Reply 6
Original post by coolstorybrother
Not long left :biggrin: How is everyones revision going?

What topics do you think might come tomorrow? Did you realise that the series questions only appear in January papers.
Original post by vk94
What topics do you think might come tomorrow? Did you realise that the series questions only appear in January papers.

umm interval bisection and reducing to linear form im pretty sure of it, as it wasn't in Jan, btw could someone clarify if its an afternoon or morning exam?
Reply 8
Reducing to linear and Differentiating from first principles weren't on in january, hope they come on. i reckon either interval bisection or step by step method for numerical methods. Hope summations doesn't come up!:rolleyes:
Reply 9
Can someone help me please with June 2010, question 7cii. I got 2<x<3 but how is it x>3.5??? when I substitute 3.6 I get positive value which is not <0 while question requires answers where graph is <0.
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-MFP1-W-QP-JUN10.PDF
Also January 2009 paper, question 7 why a) I can't do with linear interpolation equation? root = af(b) - bf(a) / f(b) - f(a). I did it with y-y1=m(x-x1) but can't do it with linear interpolation equation ;s. I asked my teacher, and he tried doing it that way but didn't work out, so I told him what one of my friends told me about the other method, which worked.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by coolstorybrother
umm interval bisection and reducing to linear form im pretty sure of it, as it wasn't in Jan, btw could someone clarify if its an afternoon or morning exam?

It's a morning exam.
Reply 11
Hi everyone,I am going to take AQA MFP1 exam in tomorow morning...
I try to guess and think about what are the qustion going to be in the paper...
I don't think the paper will be harder than the previous one,as in january they have already changed the question type...So,I think the paper tomorrow is going to be more stright forward:smile:
I am preparing it well,just go throw all the paper I have did before,hopefully will get an A in tmr,good luck everyone:biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Miyata
Can someone help me please with June 2010, question 7cii. I got 2<x<3 but how is it x>3.5??? when I substitute 3.6 I get positive value which is not <0 while question requires answers where graph is <0.
http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-MFP1-W-QP-JUN10.PDF
Also January 2009 paper, question 7 why a) I can't do with linear interpolation equation? root = af(b) - bf(a) / f(b) - f(a). I did it with y-y1=m(x-x1) but can't do it with linear interpolation equation ;s. I asked my teacher, and he tried doing it that way but didn't work out, so I told him what one of my friends told me about the other method, which worked.

Hey, that is linear interpolation... you have to do similar triangles.
you do (r-a)/c = (b-a)/(c-d) and then re-arrange and get the right answer.
Reply 13

Original post by kenau
Hi everyone,I am going to take AQA MFP1 exam in tomorow morning...
I try to guess and think about what are the qustion going to be in the paper...
I don't think the paper will be harder than the previous one,as in january they have already changed the question type...So,I think the paper tomorrow is going to be more stright forward:smile:
I am preparing it well,just go throw all the paper I have did before,hopefully will get an A in tmr,good luck everyone:biggrin:

Good luck to you as well!
Reply 14
Original post by vk94

Good luck to you as well!

What grade are you going to get tomorrow?
Reply 15
Original post by kenau
What grade are you going to get tomorrow?

I am aiming for full marks giving me 100 UMS. I want to get at least 95 UMS though. This is meant to be an easy module. Are you resitting this exam... I am doing it for the first time. If you're retaking what grade did you have before?
Reply 16
:smile:
After the core 2 exam I am dreading for fp1 :s-smilie:
Revising to the max tonight and be ready in the morning, good luck guys!! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by vk94
I am aiming for full marks giving me 100 UMS. I want to get at least 95 UMS though. This is meant to be an easy module. Are you resitting this exam... I am doing it for the first time. If you're retaking what grade did you have before?

Oh actually,this is just my first time......And our school didn't gave the MFP1 mock exam to us as most of the student have already done in jan,but the result was not good,then most of it going to retake it in june.I have look through the 2012 jan pp,I see some question type have already change,like the general solution,and the transformation one.
Anyway,I have a question.
If the question give matrix A and matrix B
then find AB,should be in order A x B or B x A?
Original post by kenau
Oh actually,this is just my first time......And our school didn't gave the MFP1 mock exam to us as most of the student have already done in jan,but the result was not good,then most of it going to retake it in june.I have look through the 2012 jan pp,I see some question type have already change,like the general solution,and the transformation one.
Anyway,I have a question.
If the question give matrix A and matrix B
then find AB,should be in order A x B or B x A?

a x b

Quick Reply

Latest