Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exam next Friday just wondering what units everyone covered and if you are learning all your essays or risking it

Good luck when the exam comes around!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing the slave trade and Russia, I'm learning five essays for each topic, I'm really worried about the source questions!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    Hi, I'm doing the slave trade and Russia, I'm learning five essays for each topic, I'm really worried about the source questions!

Sounds intresting were doing the crusade and the feudal society that same as at int 2 so it is pretty boring tbh. 5 essays each topic is a nightmare i was going to risk only learning 3 per topic but might need to change that haha. Same i take it everyone does the wars of indepence?

ReputationRep:
    also doing crusades and feudal society, i quite like it, apart from wars of independence, they are tediously boring but easy marks, also have the extended response so less pressure for the final! ;D

ReputationRep:
    Emigration and empire crap and deutschland

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Germany and Scottish and British

ReputationRep:
    I HATE HISTORY! The night if the 25th is going to be epic! huge bonfire!

ReputationRep:
    What's History?

jk.

ReputationRep:
    How many quotes would be enough for a grade B or A essay?

ReputationRep:
    Ive never put any quotes in essays, are you meant to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrabble96)
    How many quotes would be enough for a grade B or A essay?

its not about the quotes at all; its about argument. using quotes helps with this, but the examiner will want to see your own argument too, so maybe 2-3 quotes?

ReputationRep:
    I've been getting 16-18's since my prelim without ever using a quote, and we were never told to. Is this wrong? Should I be looking for quotes?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher always says to put quotes in and when we do we get higher grades, but it's probably just him.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me that quotes are not necessary and intact if you get them wrong it can backfire on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveToSki)
    I am doing British.. i know Liberals and Labour really well and suffragettes quite well,
    Russia
    WWI
    I'm praying that Liberals/Labour comes up, but we got told never ever to do an essay on Suffragettes haha!
    Is that British impact on WWI for sources?

ReputationRep:
    I'm risking it and memorising essays. The only essay I feel that will definitely appear is the Labour Government Reforms for the British topic. What is everyone else predicting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    I'm risking it and memorising essays. The only essay I feel that will definitely appear is the Labour Government Reforms for the British topic. What is everyone else predicting?
    I'm predicting this as well.. kinda praying for it, I did it for my extended essay/response so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    I'm predicting this as well.. kinda praying for it, I did it for my extended essay/response so
    I did it for my last NAB in class so it's still fresh in my mind. My extended essay appeared last year so I can't rely on that for Germany. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfergs)
    I did it for my last NAB in class so it's still fresh in my mind. My extended essay appeared last year so I can't rely on that for Germany. :emo:
    Awww boo, what topic did you do for it? (I'm doing Germany tooooo)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    Awww boo, what topic did you do for it? (I'm doing Germany tooooo)
    German Nationalism 1815-1850, I had the essay for homework, a NAB and in the prelim so I thought this would be an essay I could get a good mark for.
    However I have no idea what to memorise for Germany...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.