Standard Grade History ShipbuildingWatch
Describe how new technology improved shipbuilding in the twentieth century. KU 4
Also, we sort of skimmed over the whole shipbuilding topic and I do not know much about it. Anybody know the main points I should know?
- More advanced machines for riveting
I'm sorry that I'm not able to provide you with a more in-depth answe.
1. Change from sail to steam.
2. The Naval Arms race led to Dreadnoughts being produced, which were bigger than the regular ship.
3. Change from wood, to iron, and then finally to steel.
4. Increased use of aluminium.
5. Riveting was replaced by welding.
6. Development of diesel engines.
7. Computer aided technology.
8. Prefabricated ships.
9. Identical ships were built.
10. Ships were built more safetly, and were safer themselves
Hope that helps!