The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xoxlovelifexox
june is horrible for me, i basically have exams consecutively and quite about two on one day.

Yep June is bad for us guys. A lot of people on here finish there exams at the end of May.

Like iJess and CharlieBoardman finish theirs on Wednesday. I will have done only 1/3 of mine by then!!!
Original post by justanotherindigo
That's cool!
I love English-- sorry to mention!
I just like it because it's creative and imaginative, and maths is logic, which is also great!
I'm revising for Business now, then English Language:frown:
Ahh--good luck! ikr....really lucky people!

No by all means. I wish I had a natural flair at English as I do actually enjoy reading - but I have to really get into a book (once I do however I am in there hehe!).

I have to work loads compared to all my other subjects just to get A's wereas in the others I can get A*s quite easily so it is annoying.

I definitely envy you! You taking it for A-Level; English Literature?

Edexcel Business Unit 3? People at my school have that.
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
i have maths, history, german, paper 1 of all the sciences i think! i have 11 exams in total!

what exam board is your history exam ? is your history exam source based or essay ? I'm doing Edexcel history unit 3 A divided union - Source Based exam, I believe its the most difficult(quantative+ qualitative) I spent hard-core Hours dedicated to past papers content wise I know the book inside out exam techniques I mastered Getting A* in past paper however each paper takes me 2h30-3h to do when the exam 1h15mins fml.:s-smilie:

Its really hard to analyse and make judgements according the mark scheme to get the A* grade. I flopped coursework with a B need an A* to get an A overall, I just hope results day it works out al well.:frown:

Most Demanding GCSE in my eyes :eek::confused::rolleyes:
haha-- I was expecting that!
What did you get in the exam if you don't mind me asking??:smile:

I got an A*

94/100 UMS! :smile:

I have no idea what that was in actual marks out of 90 though...
Anyone else doing ocr history? Germany 1918-45 and British society 1890-1918
Hello Everybody! I am Dr. Nick Riviera.
Original post by g.k.galloway
I don't if that's any help :tongue: :biggrin:

btw was curious and bored so looked on the website - THEY'VE GOT A METAL SCANNER THINGY ON THE ENTRANCE!!!

For knives :eek:
Original post by mjordanjnr

Me!
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Me!

How you feeling about it? I find paper 2 way easier than paper 1. I always forget dates for paper 1 :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
How much revision have you done today??

I should have done some Chemistry revision but didn't.I plan on doing Physuics and Chemistry revision tommorow though.
I can't believe this thread has gone quite as well-it is hardly ever quiet and that is why I often visit because the Year 10 thread is so inactive.
Noooooooo! I haven't revised properly since the english lit exam on thursday, yesterday I went tuition and revised nothing. Can someone give me advice on how long I should revise today and 2morrow thx

I'm doing OCR too, but we've studied International Relations 1919-1939 and USA for paper 1 and then for paper 2 we are doing 'How Far did British Society Change 1939-1975?'
haha--same!

To draw a break-even graph you need to:
-First draw a line for the fixed costs
-Then draw a line for the total revenue (price x quantity)
-Then draw a line for the total costs (fixed+variable) and to find out about the variable costs it's manufactoring costs x quantity sold
- Once you have plotted two of the lines, the point of intersection is the break-even point
-What's beyond that point is profit, and what's below is loss
- On the horizontal axis (the x-axis) label output level, and on the vertical axis write costs/revenue

I hope this helped you out!
I'm really stuck on Remuneration and Communications:frown:
Could you help me out on that! x

thank you! do you think though in the exam we will be asked to draw a graph though? or mainly just answer questions from it?

do you want to explain to me what you don't get so i can do my best to help you in regards to that!
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yep June is bad for us guys. A lot of people on here finish there exams at the end of May.

Like iJess and CharlieBoardman finish theirs on Wednesday. I will have done only 1/3 of mine by then!!!

i'd have finished about 1/2 my exams, after half term i'll have 11 exams! woop woop! they get such a lovely summer holidays!
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
what exam board is your history exam ? is your history exam source based or essay ? I'm doing Edexcel history unit 3 A divided union - Source Based exam, I believe its the most difficult(quantative+ qualitative) I spent hard-core Hours dedicated to past papers content wise I know the book inside out exam techniques I mastered Getting A* in past paper however each paper takes me 2h30-3h to do when the exam 1h15mins fml.:s-smilie:

Its really hard to analyse and make judgements according the mark scheme to get the A* grade. I flopped coursework with a B need an A* to get an A overall, I just hope results day it works out al well.:frown:

Most Demanding GCSE in my eyes :eek::confused::rolleyes:

i'm on AQA actually! it's a mixture of both actually, there are source questions but essays too! how do you find edexcel? oh dear, that sucks! maybe you need to cut down the content you write and make sure it's all fully focused on the question? because unknowingly i and quite a few people go on a tangent which is not really relevant to the question, so that might be why you're spending so much time doing the paper!

you seem to have worked really hard, if you just work on your timing and maybe try and find exemplar answers you can get an idea of what edexcel are looking for! when's your exam?
Original post by GreenLantern1

Woo :biggrin: :tongue: 3 month summer for me!!

Morning everybody :smile:
How you feeling about it? I find paper 2 way easier than paper 1. I always forget dates for paper 1 :frown:

Paper 1 is much easier, at least you know what you're getting
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Woo :biggrin: :tongue: 3 month summer for me!!

Morning everybody :smile:

Yeah only a 2 month summer for me!!! I think may not bother learning any A-Level stuff since my summer is gonna be like a normal one so I wanna relax, plus I already know most of A-Level Maths so would be pointless do Further Maths!

Any exams this week?
Reply 3019
Finished exams! :biggrin:

Now I have three weeks of study leave without any exams to revise for. Stupid school. :stupid: