The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blueray
Lol yeah, if I was late in the sixth from i'm going to they would probably let you off if it's valid like a few times then kick you out :gah:

Getting older is serious stuff :tongue:

Well, that was just an example, my college expect everybody just to be punctual anyway! It's quite a hard college to get into, the entry requirements are quite high - higher than average anyway. You need 7A's and a B to get in :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I will have had around 30 exams in total over 2 years. I did around 14 exams last year, so I did quite a large proportion last year :smile: it was basically split half-and-half over two years :smile: I'd say it's a very well deserved 3 months :biggrin:

Ah, I have to do mine at the end of the 2 years as they are not split in half over 2 years :smile:
What are you hoping to get in you GCSEs?
It sure is a well deserved break :')
Original post by tamil4
Yeah I retook one too and then they sent the grade from that off. A* in German would be really nice, and considering the boundaries aren't too bad usually it shouldn't be too bad. It's not awful I think part of it is that my school don't let us do early modules so we have to do all the exams in summer and if we do bad- we're screwed!
I always feel like I write way too much in all my replies!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Yeah A* will feel very good indeed :smile:. Ah fair enough then with science. I'm retaking my module 1 so I got extra to learn, but hopefully it shouldn't be too bad.
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Ah, I have to do mine at the end of the 2 years as they are not split in half over 2 years :smile:
What are you hoping to get in you GCSEs?
It sure is a well deserved break :')

That much be really intense for you! I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:
My aspirational grades are in my signature :smile: I'm hoping for 8A*'s, 1A and 1B (god damn English literature! O.o ) what about you? :smile:
Reply 304
Going to revise Physics, play some Starcraft 2, and then study logic and CS :smile:

All with Tom Waits' new album in the background. :biggrin:
Original post by c3ntury
Going to revise Physics, play some Starcraft 2, and then study logic and CS :smile:

All with Tom Waits' new album in the background. :biggrin:

I'm going to party :biggrin:
Reply 306
Well, that was just an example, my college expect everybody just to be punctual anyway! It's quite a hard college to get into, the entry requirements are quite high - higher than average anyway. You need 7A's and a B to get in :smile:

Our base is 6B's and above plus maths and english at at least grade B. It's only a base though so I suppose most people have more.

then they're individual subject requirements e.g., maths you need an A, further maths A* and chem you need an A in maths and a B in chem...

it gets fantastic A-level grades though which is good...and I love it there which is important :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Our base is 6B's and above plus maths and english at at least grade B. It's only a base though so I suppose most people have more.

then they're individual subject requirements e.g., maths you need an A, further maths A* and chem you need an A in maths and a B in chem...

it gets fantastic A-level grades though which is good...and I love it there which is important :smile:

Yes, our college also have subject requirements :smile: I think my college was 4th in England last year! :') they produce fantastic maths grades, which is awesome news for me :biggrin: they are quite a mathematically involved college :smile:
That much be really intense for you! I'm sure you'll be fine though :smile:
My aspirational grades are in my signature :smile: I'm hoping for 8A*'s, 1A and 1B (god damn English literature! O.o ) what about you? :smile:

It is intense :mad:
Wow you must be really clever :eek:
I'm hoping for at least 3A*s and the rest As but I might just have to tolerate 2Bs :smile:
I have my English Literature exams next week and I am so scared, I have to at least get an A in because I want to carry it on for A-level...God help me...I'm going to struggle in the exam I will need a moment of enlightening :')
Reply 309
I'm going to party :biggrin:

Haha, I've got that saved for the next 2 weekends! :smile:
Reply 310
Yes, our college also have subject requirements :smile: I think my college was 4th in England last year! :') they produce fantastic maths grades, which is awesome news for me :biggrin: they are quite a mathematically involved college :smile:

Awesome! I don't have anywhere that amazing near me... I do know ours is second in the east midlands though...that appears to be the best at the moment :smile: not sure where it is in the country - not as good as yours though!
Ours are heavily science based but it is also a performing arts school and is really good at english (that's not really my cup of tea though..)

EDIT - lol was intrigued so investigated ... in 2011 our school was 72nd (sunday times) soooo a lonnngggg way from 4th!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 311
anyone doing the edexcel chemistry C3 on monday?
Lmao, just nearly had a fight with some gypsies at the bus stop. Good times hey!

I always have fight with them!
They tried selling me stolen gold once!:eek:
My bro cussing them up did the trick!:wink:

Wow that's pretty high! :biggrin: Mine has a massive waiting list as well :redface:
I'm hoping for at least 3A*s and the rest As but I might just have to tolerate 2Bs :smile:
I have my English Literature exams next week and I am so scared, I have to at least get an A in because I want to carry it on for A-level...God help me...I'm going to struggle in the exam I will need a moment of enlightening :')

Ahh-- I totally understand the pain you are going through!
I also want to do English Literature next year, so pressure is on for the coming week:frown:
Can I ask a question...can you tell who has given you a positive rating? :smile:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Ahh-- I totally understand the pain you are going through!
I also want to do English Literature next year, so pressure is on for the coming week:frown:

It sure is, i'm scared :'(
I'm doing AQA, are you?
It sure is, i'm scared :'(
I'm doing AQA, are you?

Yep, I am:P
What texts are you studying?
I'm doing Of Mice And Men and An Inspector Calls; and I'm more than happy to help:smile: If you need it, just ask!
One thing I can assure for certain is that I will come out of the exam hall with a completely dead hand...:frown:

I just really enjoy Maths, Sciences, and my options that I chose were pretty easy ones! :colondollar:
I hate literature so much! I'm going to really struggle in the exam next week! :frown: good luck!!!
Original post by c3ntury
Haha, I've got that saved for the next 2 weekends! :smile:

You've got it all figured out then hey! :biggrin:

Latest