Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im just about finishing my A2 year in college and have recently been thinking a lot about a very bad screw up in my GCSE's. At first I was ok with it but now i realise how bad it looks. From about year 7-9 i was happily enjoying doing french and spanish GCSE working at an A standard but then when I moved school they threw me in the middle of a German course where the teacher hadnt been there for the whole year! Consequently I didn't do well. I would love to retake it next year but I mean is it too late to decline the grade so that it doesn't haunt me for the rest of my life, the fact that i got such a bad grade in German GCSE? They didnt even let me continue with french and spanish so this is my one language qualification! I definetely wanna do french and spanish next year, hopefully getting a couple A*s but then whats the point if under those A*s has the German grade?

Ugh! Cant i just forget German and leave it out of every application for the rest of my life?? (I know dat aint possible)

:-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Im just about finishing my A2 year in college and have recently been thinking a lot about a very bad screw up in my GCSE's. At first I was ok with it but now i realise how bad it looks. From about year 7-9 i was happily enjoying doing french and spanish GCSE working at an A standard but then when I moved school they threw me in the middle of a German course where the teacher hadnt been there for the whole year! Consequently I didn't do well. I would love to retake it next year but I mean is it too late to decline the grade so that it doesn't haunt me for the rest of my life, the fact that i got such a bad grade in German GCSE? They didnt even let me continue with french and spanish so this is my one language qualification! I definetely wanna do french and spanish next year, hopefully getting a couple A*s but then whats the point if under those A*s has the German grade?

Ugh! Cant i just forget German and leave it out of every application for the rest of my life?? (I know dat aint possible)

:-/
    Chill. I got a C in Spanish. I couldnt care less.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.