The Student Room Group

Could Men live without Football??

Come on Guys, be honest :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No.
Reply 2
I could... Because I don't enjoy watching it.

Running up and down for 90 mins, and maybe if you are lucky 3-4 times in a game something exciting happens.

I think it would be different if I had a team to support and had supported them from a young age but alas I do not.

neg me for my opinion, way to be mature about me disagreeing with you...

Still getting negs? Grow up and learn that there are better sports out there...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by TRS-T
No.

Really???
Reply 4
I'm living proof that it's possible
Reply 5
Yes I can live without American Football!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Not really.

Can you live without cooking? That's the question...
Reply 7
I could but something would be missing from my weekends.
Short and literal answer: yes, we could still live without football. We don't depend on 22 men kicking a ball around a field to live.

More general answer: tonnes of men don't like football, so it would be a blatant exaggeration to say otherwise, but many would be sad to see it go. Though we'd probably just pick another sport to glorify, tbh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
men would die out and by proxy so would women
it would be the end of the human race as we know it
Reply 10
It is possible, but life becomes more of a chore than a priveledge in its absence. A part of me dies during the summer where very little football is played.
Reply 11
I always end up going back to football, its part of you. When you are on the pitch you become alive!
Reply 12
Original post by xxEmzJanexx
Really???

Obviously we wouldn't physically die but most of us would die inside.
Reply 13
I left my Trusts exam today, got on the train and went straight to Lords and spent the day at the Test. Football is great and all, but test cricket is by far the most civilised sport in the world.
Yes, if football somehow ceased to exist we wouldn't just come to a halt and instantly die.

Can women live without sex and the city?
I already do, I use my time to take interest in much more interesting things. It exists independent of people you know... People only find it interesting because it's something everyone else seems to find interesting.
Original post by DaveSmith99

Can women live without sex and the city?

i wouldn't want to live in such a hypothetical world.
Original post by xxEmzJanexx
Come on Guys, be honest :smile:

Yes. I'm living just fine right now, and I see no reason as to why I might suddenly drop dead from not being involved with the existence of football.
Reply 18
No, i tweet about something football related every day. I play + train every week. And i'm constantly reading up on it on news sites etc.
I've made a lot of friends through football, so i think its very important to me! and therefore i don't think i could live without it! :/ :colondollar:
Some men can other cannot. I personally can't and I shall miss a few hours of revision tomorrow for the Champions League final...

Quick Reply

Latest