This discussion is closed.
snechkus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm Liudmila and I’m studying in Linguistic University, Russia.
My research paper on linguistics is devoted to the British prime minister
and your help needed.
What qualities do you think a prime minister has (generally) and what associations appear in your mind when you hear "Tony Blair?"
If possible, please mention your occupation and age

Thank you in advance,
Liudmila
m00se
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by snechkus)
What qualities do you think a prime minister has (generally) and what associations appear in your mind when you hear "Tony Blair?"
You mean what qualities do they have, or what qualities they *should* have?

The current one, for example, is a snivelling, lying, cheating, slimy smug rat ******* who doesn't give a **** about the welfare of anyone earning less than £100k in this country.

If you mean what they *should* have - above all they should be a nationalist. The reason people don't like the idea of paying higher taxes is that they know full well the money's going to vanish into nothingness and we'll never know where it went. Under "real" labour (not this current "new" sham which is righter than right) income tax hit a high of 80% for the highest bracket - and was re-invested into public services and public beneficial funds (homeless foundations, unemployment services, hardship funds, paying for students to go through university, that sort of thing). The best part was that the difference that extra money, when invested properly, made to the country was huge.

Invest in a nationalist government / leader - someone who truly, deeply cares about their country, and you'll have the country turned around in no time.

Admittedly, you must question their moral stance, but there is no denying that Hitler and Saddam Hussein were (as examples of several), for their country at least "great leaders" - in that they turned around countries on the brink of poverty and shambolism. Remember, being passionate about your country is what I'm talking about here, before you bait-tuggers rise to it and start destroying me for making positive comments about these men - I do -not- agree with their methods, but their values, in terms of nationalism, were spot on.

Which is why the most important character trait you should have as a country leader is a nationalist who cares deeply about his / her people/country, and is prepared to invest heavily.

m00se
------

3rd year medic, London. 21 yoa :P
m00se
Report 17 years ago
OK ok.

*adds* "in my opinion. Anyone care to second?".

:P
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (9)
69.23%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
15.38%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads