Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard, about the 4 schoolgirls who have 'invented' chocolate that doesn't melt, what is the point in that, it doesn't seem to interest me at all, and chocolate that does melt, is much more appetising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    Have you heard, about the 4 schoolgirls who have 'invented' chocolate that doesn't melt, what is the point in that, it doesn't seem to interest me at all, and chocolate that does melt, is much more appetising.

i wou;d never bye choccie if it didnt have that melt in mouth taste!!!!

ReputationRep:
    u cant have choc that doesnt melt. i love melted chocolate. not when its all melted in the wrapper in the summer and it goes all messy and gets everywhere but if u cant melt it thats wrong.

ReputationRep:
    the idea is that it melts in your mouth but not in your hands, i believe. heard about it on radio. all they did was add some glycerine or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    if it doesnt melt whats the point, thats what makes it soooooooooooooooooo nice

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate and Strawberries
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................. ...

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate in the Middle East, and probably other hot countries, has a higher melting point than chocolate here. That explains why Cadbury's Dairy Milk doesn't taste quite the same when you go on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    how do you think it works abroad in hot countries is it the same? or do tehy have some special ingridient. maybe a stupid question but shouldn't they melt in the stores? that happend once were i work during the summers and it isn't as hot here as in thailand for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    how do you think it works abroad in hot countries is it the same? or do tehy have some special ingridient. maybe a stupid question but shouldn't they melt in the stores? that happend once were i work during the summers and it isn't as hot here as in thailand for example.
    u never no these days lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    They fill it full of preservatives. Australian Cadbury's is much nicer than ours.
    No - Australian chocolate is notoriously rubbish!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    No - Australian chocolate is notoriously rubbish!

Ben
    As is american chocolate

ReputationRep:
    surely u have to melt the chocolate to get the shape and under any heat chocolate is meltable, unless it just burns maybe. Stupid invention choclate that doesnt melt isnt chocolate its just hard crap, (like chocolate on a frezing day tastes foul as its all hard)

dave

ReputationRep:
    As i said it's chocolate that doesn't melt in your hand but melts in your mouth. Its made by a few secondary school girls or something and i dont think its particularly groundbreaking stuff :P

ReputationRep:
    hasn't it just got a layer of glycerin around it?? thas what i heard

it was made in a school thats about 15 minutes from my school - my claim to fame! lol

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/3513705.stm

There.

A recipe for unmeltable chocolate has been invented by pupils in the south Wales valleys as a special treat for British troops serving in Iraq.
    The girls spent months writing to different chocolate manufacturers and looking up recipes on the internet because they discovered the magic ingredient was glycerine.

By adding glycerine, the chocolate does not melt until it is in the mouth where the glycerine dissolves and the chocolate softens.

But despite winning the Creativity in Science and Technology competition at the Royal Society, the unmeltable treat will not be stocked on shelves because of EU regulations.

The product cannot be classified as chocolate because it does not have the required amount of cocoa butter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davebenham02)
    surely u have to melt the chocolate to get the shape and under any heat chocolate is meltable, unless it just burns maybe. Stupid invention choclate that doesnt melt isnt chocolate its just hard crap, (like chocolate on a frezing day tastes foul as its all hard)

dave
    I like choc that doesn't melt- melted chocolate makes my mouth feel bunged up.

ReputationRep:
    lol nice peice, still it aint classified at choclate coz it dont have the right amount of cocoa butter, still melts in the mouth tho and cud be useful in desert countrys..........interesting i suppose.

Dave

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.