The Student Room Group

Man in court for growing weed to calm his anger and depression

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
haha, still, one gram per joint is ****loads. Medicinal levels would be a tiny fraction of that. If I smoked a gram of weed i'd be curled up in a ball in my room convinced I was going to lose control of my bladder, bowel, then vomit up my pelvis.

lmao really?

I put that in one spliff, of which I have a few, one after the other.
Original post by . .
Why would it lead to it being sold for profit. If anything it would reduce people selling it for profit.

People would sell it abroad to those who can't grow their own supply.
Reply 62
Original post by thegodofgod

So put restrictions on exporting.
Reply 63
Original post by badcheesecrispy
lmao really?

(edited 11 years ago)

No-one would ever export weed, it's not worth it. Over 95% of cannabis sold in in the UK is domestically produced, partially 'cause we are an island it's hard to smuggle in the TONS of weed that'd be needed to make it economically viable. No-ome would goto the trouble of smuggling it out.
Original post by . .
So put restrictions on exporting.

You'd be surprised at how (and how much) stuff can be exported illegally in a normal suitcase...

Original post by confusedexcited
No-one would ever export weed, it's not worth it. Over 95% of cannabis sold in in the UK is domestically produced, partially 'cause we are an island it's hard to smuggle in the TONS of weed that'd be needed to make it economically viable. No-ome would goto the trouble of smuggling it out.

You'd be surprised at what some people would do to get some money, especially in these times of austerity with rising unemployment...
lmao really?

yeah, that's weird. normal people don't need to smoke like £20 worth of marijuana to get high.
You'd be surprised at how (and how much) stuff can be exported illegally in a normal suitcase...

You'd be surprised at what some people would do to get some money, especially in these times of austerity with rising unemployment...

oh, i don't doubt that, but they'd use more easily transportable substances like MDMA and LSD, which can be synthasised within the UK. The issue of exportation from the UK would never be prevalent, it's not economical for dealers in other counteries to buy either. weed is so easy to grow yourself, why import it?
Original post by zaliack
Weed is so easy to make (apparently) so there would be no point in just letting it be sold freely. It'd be very profitable, for private growers, small and large companies and the taxpayer, if we require lincenses and regulations, as well as massive taxes.

Right, but that's still taking something that the government are condoning and saying you can't produce it yourself. So what if there's money to be made, I mean, what sort of ****ed up police state do you want to live in where something is legal to do, yet your not allowed to produce your own. Vegetables are a multi billion dollar industry, what are we going to ban vegetables now? Send round those police vans with the camera on top to make sure people aren't growing tomatoes, or brewing beer even. Does that concept not strike you as all a bit ****ed up like.

It's absurd enough that the government thinks it so needs to protect me from myself that if I grow some weed it's willing to LOCK ME IN A CELL.

Sometimes I wonder if I think oddly, or if it's that some other people have no frame of reference or perspective whatsoever on what the country we live in now is like. This telling people what to do all the time **** isn't freedom, this obsession with health, constantly trying to protect people from themselves, it's not healthy, and it's making people miserable and poorer and it's not what our country - for all it's faults, and there were many - has always been like.

****ing bogus, dude. For want of a less embarassing expression.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Right, but that's still taking something that the government are condoning and saying you can't produce it yourself. So what if there's money to be made, I mean, what sort of ****ed up police state do you want to live in where something is legal to do, yet your not allowed to produce your own. Vegetables are a multi billion dollar industry, what are we going to ban vegetables now? Send round those police vans with the camera on top to make sure people aren't growing tomatoes, or brewing beer even. Does that concept not strike you as all a bit ****ed up like.

It's absurd enough that the government thinks it so needs to protect me from myself that if I grow some weed it's willing to LOCK ME IN A CELL.

Sometimes I wonder if I think oddly, or if it's that some other people have no frame of reference or perspective whatsoever on what the country we live in now is like. This telling people what to do all the time **** isn't freedom, this obsession with health, constantly trying to protect people from themselves, it's not healthy, and it's making people miserable and poorer and it's not what our country - for all it's faults, and there were many - has always been like.

****ing bogus, dude. For want of a less embarassing expression.

I'm not sure whether this'll calm you down or not, but cannabis prohibition has everything to do with money and power and nothing to do with health. Politicians aren't stupid, they're just immoral.

Hope that helps!
Reply 70
Anyone that doesn't want to decriminalize personal use of cannabis is a moron, harsh but true.
Original post by Dr. Bassman
I'm not sure whether this'll calm you down or not, but cannabis prohibition has everything to do with money and power and nothing to do with health. Politicians aren't stupid, they're just immoral.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, I realise that. Was just plastered and letting off steam
Reply 72
lmao really?

Then you really need to rethink your life.

ITS NON HABBIT FORUMING

WEED IS G00D

CURES CANSER!

Smoke myself btw.
Original post by chrislpp
Then you really need to rethink your life.

ITS NON HABBIT FORUMING

WEED IS G00D

CURES CANSER!

Smoke myself btw.

I smoked weed all day, every single day, and I mean constantly from the age of thirteen until I was, well, i'm old, a mature student. I spent a large part of my life ruined, and I never ever, except for sharing or novel purposes at a party of something, felt the need to put 1 gram of weed in a joint for myself. And I think I can speak for a few hundred friends and acquaintances over that time when I say that none of them rolled up 1 gram after another to smoke to themselves. This is some weird tolerance that is abnormal or the weed is poor quality.

I'm not criticising, don't get me wrong, not at all.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending