Universities for the followings....

Watch
This discussion is closed.
aaho
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I am applying for Computional Degrees...
so I decided to apply in these universities...

1.The Norht East Wales Institue of Higher Education
::Computer System Engineering
2.University of Glamorgan
::Computer System Engineering (Hons)
3.Universty of Wales, Bangor
4.Black Burn College
5.Univerity of Greenwich
::Communication System & Software Engineering
6.Southampton Institute
::Digital Technology

what do you ppl suggest should I ammend some universities... as I m placed as foreigners list I mean non EI so what you ppl suggest?
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
are u clever, what sort of grades / exams are u doing n what grades u aiming for?!
aaho
(Original post by babyboo)
are u clever, what sort of grades / exams are u doing n what grades u aiming for?!
I m just getting to end of my gap year so I m having ma grades... but wat else the ranking system here is just according to percentsges... so I m not having it well rather $h!ty one ... I mean near by 60% so I m thinking of these.......!

but other Keyskills are there.....!
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
I m just getting to end of my gap year so I m having ma grades... but wat else the ranking system here is just according to percentsges... so I m not having it well rather $h!ty one ... I mean near by 60% so I m thinking of these.......!

but other Keyskills are there.....!
i dont understand what u wrote makes no sense! the unis that u have applied for arent really the best in the country for computer engineering, in fact they are all far from it. are u lookin for a more prestigious uni?!
aaho
i dont understand what u wrote makes no sense! the unis that u have applied for arent really the best in the country for computer engineering, in fact they are all far from it. are u lookin for a more prestigious uni?!
I m not asking for the best of the best neither the worst but I just wanna ask ya ppl abut the rating / grading of these... not based upon the location and friendly atmosphere but the educational purposes...

and the thing that as it is costing me much more... so I also wanna be up to the balance.........!
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
I m not asking for the best of the best neither the worst but I just wanna ask ya ppl abut the rating / grading of these... not based upon the location and friendly atmosphere but the educational purposes...

and the thing that as it is costing me much more... so I also wanna be up to the balance.........!

WELL IF MY DAD WAS PAYING SUMINK LIKE 7 GRAND A YEAR FOR UNIVERSITY FEES HE WOULD MAKE I WAS GOING SOMEWHERE LIKE CAMBRIDGE, ORXFORD, LSE, WARWICK, not Glamourgan!
aaho
by the way what you suggest ..........? I mean universities for Computer System Engineering or Computer Software Engineering or Communication Engineering.........
aaho
(Original post by Sunnyt)
WELL IF MY DAD WAS PAYING SUMINK LIKE 7 GRAND A YEAR FOR UNIVERSITY FEES HE WOULD MAKE I WAS GOING SOMEWHERE LIKE CAMBRIDGE, ORXFORD, LSE, WARWICK, not Glamourgan!
Y not Glamourgan......?

by the way I m not much of the wealth...!
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
by the way what you suggest ..........? I mean universities for Computer System Engineering or Computer Software Engineering or Communication Engineering.........
goto this website

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html

and then scroll down to your chosen subject. Look at least 6 universities. Then go on to the university websites and email the admissions tutors and tell them the qualifications you have and whether they you fulfill the minimum requirments
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
According to the times

greenwich is 96th
University of Glamorgan 66th
Bangor is 55th

the rest arent on cos the list only does top 100. to be honest they arent all that on the academic side, but thats my opinion. its not like people go WOW u go there...if that makes sense.
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol yeah theres no point in coming over and payin all that money to go to those unis!
aaho
According to the times

greenwich is 96th
University of Glamorgan 66th
Bangor is 55th

the rest arent on cos the list only does top 100. to be honest they arent all that on the academic side, but thats my opinion. its not like people go WOW u go there...if that makes sense.
I m not going for the WOW of ppl but going for the WOW of money I mean some wat I could afford...
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how much money is it costing u?! i really think u'd benefit more from going to a more presitigious uni in ya country if that makes sense, u'll prob b better off. just comin to a uni in the uk for the sake of it isnt worth it. im not being funny but just saying what i think
aaho
goto this website

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html

and then scroll down to your chosen subject. Look at least 6 universities. Then go on to the university websites and email the admissions tutors and tell them the qualifications you have and whether they you fulfill the minimum requirments
okies..........!

thanx.
aaho
how much money is it costing u?! i really think u'd benefit more from going to a more presitigious uni in ya country if that makes sense, u'll prob b better off. just comin to a uni in the uk for the sake of it isnt worth it. im not being funny but just saying what i think
I agree with you but I have my own mind for the future world relations...so......
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
I agree with you but I have my own mind for the future world relations...so......
ya what?!
aaho
ya what?!
you know that the reputation of Paki at INTL level is going down and down... and if I do study there then try to move out some where for the jbo it would be just like pushing myslef through a hole of a needle and if I study at China its I think so much harsh with my tongue and if I move to Germany UK France etcetc then it seems to be going a bit in an easy future I m not saying that my future is europe but its seems a bit flaxible is some ways if I study here I mean as I m staying now in UAE then better not to study...!
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
you know that the reputation of Paki at INTL level is going down and down... and if I do study there then try to move out some where for the jbo it would be just like pushing myslef through a hole of a needle and if I study at China its I think so much harsh with my tongue and if I move to Germany UK France etcetc then it seems to be going a bit in an easy future I m not saying that my future is europe but its seems a bit flaxible is some ways if I study here I mean as I m staying now in UAE then better not to study...!
ok i see what ya sayin but would u like to go to unis that arent recoginsed hardly at all in the uk?! would that be better dya think?! some of the places u thinkin of are applyin for are just like higher educational colleges ot unis. i dont know much bout the unis in paki so i guess thats sayin some of what ya gettin at.
aaho
ok i see what ya sayin but would u like to go to unis that arent recoginsed hardly at all in the uk?! would that be better dya think?! some of the places u thinkin of are applyin for are just like higher educational colleges ot unis. i dont know much bout the unis in paki so i guess thats sayin some of what ya gettin at.
bddy I didnt said to have got admitted to a totally unknown offshore unis but I just wanna ask which one would be better of them if I got an acceptance leter from UCAS for any of these an which one shoudl I change... but again keeping in mind the financial matters...!
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by aaho)
bddy I didnt said to have got admitted to a totally unknown offshore unis but I just wanna ask which one would be better of them if I got an acceptance leter from UCAS for any of these an which one shoudl I change... but again keeping in mind the financial matters...!
i reckon the colleges or institutes change them. i dont know what to cos i dont know ya financial situation or how much it costs. this is just all my opinion thou!!!! im going to uni in scot lol!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
39.13%
Take autumn exams (17)
36.96%
Look for a job (1)
2.17%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.17%
Take a year out (6)
13.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads