lewis.daynes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi Guys,

I'm sitting the above paper on Thursday next week and need some tips on what I should revise for. I think its a Poem based paper, but can't confirm and can't find it detailed on AQA'S website. If anyone has any information about it, could they please let me know?

Thanks,
Lewis
lucasluke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hasn't your teacher told you about the exam? It's section A which is about your moon on the tides anthology and section B which is an unseen poem.
jwf13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Worth 35% of GCSE English Lit, 1 Hour and 15 Minutes.

Section A is on 15 poems from the Anthology: Moon on the Tides, and worth 36 Marks. There are 8 questions, and two on your cluster (the anthology is split up into 4 clusters of 15 poems - character and voice, place, conflict and relationships-I'm doing the latter). You pick ONE of the questions, that will be on a named poem (from the anthology).

You will then compare it with another from your cluster. So, you write a 45 minute essay, comparing two poems.

Section B is worth 18 marks, and is on a poem that you will not have studied before. You're advised to spend 30 minutes on Section B.

I would ask your teacher on what you're doing, how to approach it etc., as you don't want to be answering a question on a poem you haven't even studied!

Sorry if that was a little bit muddled
amanduuh_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lewis.daynes)
Hi Guys,

I'm sitting the above paper on Thursday next week and need some tips on what I should revise for. I think its a Poem based paper, but can't confirm and can't find it detailed on AQA'S website. If anyone has any information about it, could they please let me know?

Thanks,
Lewis
yeah i'll be sitting this exam too! and neeeeed the help lol
07baromo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Any predictions on the questions?? Moon on the tides?
PLEASE ANSWER! Can I use expensive words and good grammar to get my marks up from an A to A*?
What else do I need to include?
Also, if I identify a feature for instance enjambment, and I don't know its effect, can I just say it emphasises the meaning of the poem and gets the readers to use their own imaginary? what else, if I don't know the effect???
nstarnikko
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/...ials.php?id=01

here's the link for the aqa english literature paper which you will be taking on thursday
James_01
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If people cold try respond to this before tommorow it would be appreciated.

How much do you have to write for each section (A and B)?
awarnes10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't belive it is as much how much you write but the quality.
For section A it is 36 marks so I am going to make (hopefully) about 10 statments, add quotes then analyse them.
For section B is it is 16 marks so about 5-7 (hopefully)

Hope this helps
ForgottenPen
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by awarnes10)
I don't belive it is as much how much you write but the quality.
For section A it is 36 marks so I am going to make (hopefully) about 10 statments, add quotes then analyse them.
For section B is it is 16 marks so about 5-7 (hopefully)

Hope this helps
The examiner's report actually suggests that those that wrote a lot about a little received the top marks. So if you can make your essay long just analysing a few words then that's good but if you just include many points that's when you will lose marks
awarnes10
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thank-You
at least by replying, i have learnt somthing,
sorry to James_01 for giving incorrect answer
H.cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also need some help on the AQA english Lit Unit 2 paper - Section A (got mocks next week)
I can't seem to work out how we are meant to answer the question we choose.
Could anyone who is doing the PLACE poems give me some guidance?
I am really looking for an A*, and yes, I am feeling quite stressed!
Anything like mnemonics or help with planning or techniques will be useful...
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads