The Student Room Group

What are your worst nightmares regarding exams?

Scroll to see replies

As many people have already said, having no clue what to write and just breaking down mid-exam, almost did this on Edexcel Politics Unit 1, answered the completely wrong question then realized half way through the mistake I'd made and just closed my exam booklet and silently weeped to myself haha.
Original post by bong
I swear everyone should only be allowed restricted models. My mate got one of these, he can pretty much do all of D1 linear programming on it, half of S1/M1.

And dont even get me started on the core/further pure units :frown:

Hate to rain on your parade, but fractions are your friends, you hardly need a calculator for M1, Graphical calculators are a waste of time for it. and your averge jo calculator differentiates, intergrates, with limits, and can tackle all of s1, as well as matrix multiplication etc. for D1, they are better ill give you that.
Reply 42
my worst nightmares have been realized! i spilt water all over my paper:frown: never taking water in again
Reply 43
Seeing the paper and it being in a completely different format to what you were expecting and prepared for.
Original post by Shwi
my worst nightmares have been realized! i spilt water all over my paper:frown: never taking water in again

I always worry about that ! that sucks, hope it wasnt ruined.

I look forward to someone giving birth, or someones phone going off, (also, my worst fear that my phone goes off) that way, they can dish out all the predicted grades they want.
Reply 45
I'm always scared that with a minute to go I'll discover that I've missed a page of questions out - it happened to my friends far too often during GCSEs!
An invigilator once told me that she was moderating an Economics exam at Northumbria University when, 1 hour in, someone put their hand up and told her that they were a Newcastle University student and had turned up at the wrong university by mistake.

That would be pretty awkward.

Either that or opening my paper to find that someone has already written in the Bar code. Those things are sacred and should remain undisturbed!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 47
My worst fear has to be spilling water all over my exam paper...hence I don't take water into my exams xD that or my calculator running out of battery during an exam...I think I would die if that happened :O
Reply 48
Original post by -aimz
Seeing the paper and it being in a completely different format to what you were expecting and prepared for.

This actually happened in my AS Biology and Chemistry exams in January...
Original post by Harry.K
Getting a boner.

This isn't a nightmare, this happens, every time.
Reply 50
Being at home and getting a call saying why are you not sitting the exam right now.

All of my 951 pens run out

Sleeping in and missing part of the exam

Forgetting i have an exam on a certain day

:O I'm scared just thinking about it
(edited 11 years ago)
Exam board mixing up exam papers and giving me a D or something
Reply 52
Original post by chickenonsteroids
It's in Arabic

:teehee:

My personal ones:
- I really need the toilet at the beginning of/halfway through the exam
- My calculator stops working
- I pass out/throw up/some other malady
- I can tell I've failed halfway through doing my paper
- Results Day...
I can't find the exam venue.
Turning up and realising I studied for the wrong exam.
Forgetting to turn off my phone and having it go off during the exam.
Not getting one single question that I can answer.
Despite always bringing loads of pens to exams, realising that every single one of them is empty.
Reply 55
starting your irregular period in the middle of an exam and having no tampon.

ew.
Reply 56
Get there and find my name isn't on the seating plan because I took the last three weeks off to revise.
Strange questions coming up in literature. Luckily that didn't happen this year.
Reply 58
Or in literature, the absence of the questions relating to the texts you've studied.
Original post by im so fresh
One of my worst nightmares would be to have a 9 AM exam and wake up at 11:30 AM. I wouldn't know what to do in that situation lol.

Or waking up and forgetting you have an exam in an hour... .
May this never happen.

I woke up at 8.55 once and the school rang my house, asking me where I was.
Turns out my 1.30 physics exam was actually a 9 am one... :colondollar: I made it though :P

Quick Reply

Latest