This discussion is closed.
quinnbrakes
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
All you guys and gals at oxbridge how do you keep ur notes and stuff? Do you just use files or notebooks do you take them with you to lectures/tutorials?

My organisation was such a mess at school that i promised id stay organised at Uni or atleast start out on the right track.

Any suggestions on how to keep on top of it?
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just use a normal note pad and when I get home I file them into the right folder (I have a level arch folder for each "paper" I do and have split them into: essays, notes, lectures). We do one paper a term, but have two other papers that run alongside the main paper for the first part of the tripos (practical criticism/literary theory and foreign language).

I do English btw so I wouldn't have a clue how to organise sciencey things!
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am also slightly worried in that a lot of my notes are in books (text books on my subject) and I guess I will not be allowed to make notes all over library books. Maybe I'll just run up a huge photocopying bill.

MB
Chinesegirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What about the stationery? Do you buy notebooks and folders at stationery store, or just get it from your college?
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
all notes i write down are in one bound a4 note book. Lecture and practical notes are all filed neatly, either splattered across my table or on the floor somewhere.
To the question above, I don't think any college provides stationery, everyone just buys it.
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Chinesegirl)
What about the stationery? Do you buy notebooks and folders at stationery store, or just get it from your college?
stationary really isn't that expensive.

MB
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have three files for my three main subjects, and one for all the random extra stuff we're made to do (Medical Sociology, Stats, PfP etc). I don't take them to lectures though - I just take a pad of paper and the lecture notes with me. For dissection I put my notes in plastic wallets held together with string.

I have a random pile at the back of my desk with all the work I have to do on it. I also have an essay lying on my desk because I was meant to hand it in today, I even took it to my supervision, but I gave him the wrong one at the end of it, so he's got the one he already marked, and I have my new one :rolleyes:
musicbloke
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I have three files for my three main subjects, and one for all the random extra stuff we're made to do (Medical Sociology, Stats, PfP etc). I don't take them to lectures though - I just take a pad of paper and the lecture notes with me. For dissection I put my notes in plastic wallets held together with string.

I have a random pile at the back of my desk with all the work I have to do on it. I also have an essay lying on my desk because I was meant to hand it in today, I even took it to my supervision, but I gave him the wrong one at the end of it, so he's got the one he already marked, and I have my new one :rolleyes:

so organised! what ever happenned to entropy?

MB
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (177)
24.69%
Better than expected (145)
20.22%
Worse than expected (395)
55.09%

Watched Threads