Ty :smile:
I got a few questions I need to ask:

4a) I wrote to allow oxygen in to allow the snail to respire
4c) the volume of solution to absorb carbon dioxide
5aiii) wrote phytoalexins
5b) wrote insect galls
7aii) wrote first and said no crossing over occured
11bii) wrote neck swells up, bulging eyes
12ai) wrote IAA diffuses down to lower regions of stems stimulating cells to divide
13aiii) wrote about negative feedback :/
13iv) wrote about the body will not function properly
15bii) wrote LONGER photoperiodism, would the longer make me lose the mark?

just wanted to know if I would get marks for some of these answers, seeing as there are different from mimx's and other people :P
Original post by qwerty1507
Ah yay! I agree with all of those!

yes me too. :smile:
To LLL17: I wrote that and you would cause both independent assortment and crossing over would increase variation :smile:
Reply 304
Original post by Prune
Whats is this paper out of?

MC = /30
Section B = /80
Essays = /20
Total = /130
Reply 305
Original post by LLL17
See for 13) b) I) would I get it for crossing over?

Yeah, should do.
Reply 306
Original post by JaggySnake95
They occur least when they are closer together. :smile:

Thanks. Now I think about I was being remarkably thick not to have realized that! :L
Original post by mimx
Full paper scan:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1khqvz

Make sure you click on 'click here to start download from sendspace'.

Quoted :smile:

you're an absolute star :smile:
Reply 308
heey, my computer keeps blocking that link with multiple choice so could someone be an absolute star and screen shot it so i can see the questions in a picture?:smile:
Reply 309
Can anyone upload it as an attachment on here. Yeh I want to see the paper but I don't want to risk getting a virus at the same time.
Reply 310
The cut off last year for an A was 71%, do you think there is a chance this year with such an easy paper it will go up to around 80%?
Reply 311
Original post by PW7
Can anyone upload it as an attachment on here. Yeh I want to see the paper but I don't want to risk getting a virus at the same time.

Sendspace is reliable and so is your fellow TSRer
Reply 312
Original post by daisyclouds
I got a few questions I need to ask:

4a) I wrote to allow oxygen in to allow the snail to respire

The air in the tube would have been the same as the air in the room to start with, no more oxygen would have went in if it were left unless it was after a prior trial. Not sure, but I don't think so.

4c) the volume of solution to absorb carbon dioxide

Thought about this too. Didn't really like the question because there were things you could guess at but they seem to be taken care of by the experiment. The point of it is to have no carbon dioxide so I assume they'd just put way more than they needed in with little need to measure it exactly. I also though about saying mass of snail but I would imagine they would calculate it per gram of snail or something like that.

5aiii) wrote phytoalexins

Believe these are micro-organisms only, not herbivores.. but not 100% sure.

5b) wrote insect galls

Don't think this would get a mark.

7aii) wrote first and said no crossing over occured

First is right, but (prior to) the first meiotic division *is* where crossing over would occur anyway.

11bii) wrote neck swells up, bulging eyes

Never heard of that as an effect of thyroxine? Think they wanted growth related regardless.

12ai) wrote IAA diffuses down to lower regions of stems stimulating cells to divide

If marking scheme is stimulates cell division or elongation you should get it.

If they want both you won't.

13aiii) wrote about negative feedback :/

Needs to be specific example though I think.

13iv) wrote about the body will not function properly

Don't think you'd get this one.

15bii) wrote LONGER photoperiodism, would the longer make me lose the mark?

Well, it would be longer photoperiod if anything, but I think you'd get this mark.
Reply 313
Original post by mimx
OK, bit messy but I copied and pasted in case you still can't get it to work.

going by your marking scheme got 88% and the marking sheme for the essays in my paster paper book, thanks for posting your answers :smile:
Reply 314
Original post by PW7

It's way too big for the forum upload size limit. :frown: If you have another file sending website you'd prefer I can try uploading it there.
Reply 315
Original post by OpenArms
Sendspace is reliable and so is your fellow TSRer

my computer keeps blocking it and so will not let me open :frown: someone please upload multiple choice as an attachment? :smile:
Reply 316
Would i still get the mark if i wrote mental disability for the increase in thyroxine question instead of growth?
aww it gets worst for the first part, I put chicken and then changed it to horse, you wouldn't even know I took higher biology over 2 years after that!

AWW...that's the cutest thing EVER. OMG! But look at the bright side, the marker could be bored outta his/her marking papers, and then comes across your paper, and then they could be like "LOL" ,and might give you the mark , cause you brightened their day :-D
Reply 318
Think I got over 74% Do you think it will go up alot higher? :frown: Also only lost 4 marks in multiple choice, woo!
CAn somebody quote me the correct Mc's please?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending