This discussion is closed.
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
A proper northern one, not Scottish. That's the proper way to pronounce 'a'. Its not carr-sil its cass'l
I have this arguement all the time with my dad and he's not even from the north :rolleyes: It's pronounced carstle- can you really imagine the queen saying she's 'staying at Windsor Casstle this weekend'??
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
You should get a land rover defender. We've got one, and when it is snowy/icey we are the only people that can get out the street
unfortunately i could only stretch to a used micra :P its fine in snow/ice. but when the roads are all blocked up with dumped/crashed cars there's not much even a land rover can do!
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A proper northern one, not Scottish. That's the proper way to pronounce 'a'. Its not carr-sil its cass'l
Grrr! It's CARR!!! Also, the way you lot pronounce 'moor' is very strange. My norther grandad once went off on a really long rant about how you pronounce it properly... I wasn't convinced!
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
unfortunately i could only stretch to a used micra :P its fine in snow/ice. but when the roads are all blocked up with dumped/crashed cars there's not much even a land rover can do!
Yes it can, it can drive over them
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sparkey)
Aberdare Girls School
are st johns off aswell?

its lovely here in exeter..out my bedroom window i can see the lawn covered in snow..it looks so romantic...if only i had someone to share it with!

love Katy ***
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No I can't imagine that because she's posh and like all posh and pseudo-posh people she pronounces things wrongly mistakingly thinking it makes her sound posh and ever so correct and above the hoi polloi. So there.
We'll agree to disagree
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nonsense. The northern dialect is much older and purer than the mongrel southern dialect.
:rolleyes: Mongrel southern dialect?! At least we don't sound like we're trying to sound scottish and not doing a very good job of it
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's not snowing here in Coventry, so disappointing! It's freezing though!
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehe well I relate more to Scotland and the Scottish than I do to England and the English. We're forgotten about up here :mad:
Hehe you're not forgotten about. I LOVE scotland. Although I have been rather scared of the people since I saw braveheart....
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by picju96)
It's not snowing here in Coventry, so disappointing! It's freezing though!
OK, I take it back, it's just started snowing! Really really lightly though, rather pathetic really.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
we just had the tiniest pathetic little bit of snow here
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*** Generalisation alert!! ***

I love Scotland, the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies.
Hehe. Another gneralisation alert: 'in scotland the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies'.

I hate London :mad: I hate cities in general. :mad:
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
Hehe. Another gneralisation alert: 'in scotland the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies'.

I hate London :mad: I hate cities in general. :mad:
i'm half scottish, and i can tell you that nearly everyone who is born in scotland has bad teeth. I think they all drink too much Irn Bru
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
SNOW!!! *squeals*

bucketing it down with snow here in bristol. i walked home from sixth form in a blizzard :mad: its a few inchs here and still snowing like mad!!

my mate just phoned, going to the park to go sledging!!! i feel 8 years old again
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
i'm half scottish, and i can tell you that nearly everyone who is born in scotland has bad teeth. I think they all drink too much Irn Bru
Ahahahahaha!
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
There is about a foot here in Bath.
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Everywhere is white!!!! The snow is really thick now, hope my dad and sis can get home...
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
There is about a foot here in Bath.
You're in bath?! So's my dad, I hope he can get home!
gammon steak
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
You're in bath?! So's my dad, I hope he can get home!
hello all u sexy peple out there en body doin ne fing interestin?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
men do like to exaggerate their measurements, dont they?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (185)
33.45%
Receiving them online / by email (275)
49.73%
I still don't know (93)
16.82%

Watched Threads