Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A proper northern one, not Scottish. That's the proper way to pronounce 'a'. Its not carr-sil its cass'l
    I have this arguement all the time with my dad and he's not even from the north :rolleyes: It's pronounced carstle- can you really imagine the queen saying she's 'staying at Windsor Casstle this weekend'??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    You should get a land rover defender. We've got one, and when it is snowy/icey we are the only people that can get out the street
    unfortunately i could only stretch to a used micra :P its fine in snow/ice. but when the roads are all blocked up with dumped/crashed cars there's not much even a land rover can do!

ReputationRep:
    A proper northern one, not Scottish. That's the proper way to pronounce 'a'. Its not carr-sil its cass'l
    Grrr! It's CARR!!! Also, the way you lot pronounce 'moor' is very strange. My norther grandad once went off on a really long rant about how you pronounce it properly... I wasn't convinced!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    unfortunately i could only stretch to a used micra :P its fine in snow/ice. but when the roads are all blocked up with dumped/crashed cars there's not much even a land rover can do!
    Yes it can, it can drive over them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparkey)
    Aberdare Girls School
    are st johns off aswell?

its lovely here in exeter..out my bedroom window i can see the lawn covered in snow..it looks so romantic...if only i had someone to share it with!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    No I can't imagine that because she's posh and like all posh and pseudo-posh people she pronounces things wrongly mistakingly thinking it makes her sound posh and ever so correct and above the hoi polloi. So there.
    We'll agree to disagree

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense. The northern dialect is much older and purer than the mongrel southern dialect.
    :rolleyes: Mongrel southern dialect?! At least we don't sound like we're trying to sound scottish and not doing a very good job of it

ReputationRep:
    It's not snowing here in Coventry, so disappointing! It's freezing though!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe well I relate more to Scotland and the Scottish than I do to England and the English. We're forgotten about up here :mad:
    Hehe you're not forgotten about. I LOVE scotland. Although I have been rather scared of the people since I saw braveheart....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by picju96)
    It's not snowing here in Coventry, so disappointing! It's freezing though!
    OK, I take it back, it's just started snowing! Really really lightly though, rather pathetic really.

ReputationRep:
    we just had the tiniest pathetic little bit of snow here

ReputationRep:
    *** Generalisation alert!! ***

I love Scotland, the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies.
    Hehe. Another gneralisation alert: 'in scotland the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies'.

I hate London :mad: I hate cities in general. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Hehe. Another gneralisation alert: 'in scotland the people are friendly and clever. England, and in particular London, is full of thieving toerags who'd mug their own grannies'.

I hate London :mad: I hate cities in general. :mad:
    i'm half scottish, and i can tell you that nearly everyone who is born in scotland has bad teeth. I think they all drink too much Irn Bru

ReputationRep:
    SNOW!!! *squeals*

bucketing it down with snow here in bristol. i walked home from sixth form in a blizzard :mad: its a few inchs here and still snowing like mad!!

my mate just phoned, going to the park to go sledging!!! i feel 8 years old again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    i'm half scottish, and i can tell you that nearly everyone who is born in scotland has bad teeth. I think they all drink too much Irn Bru
    Ahahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    There is about a foot here in Bath.

ReputationRep:
    Everywhere is white!!!! The snow is really thick now, hope my dad and sis can get home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    There is about a foot here in Bath.
    You're in bath?! So's my dad, I hope he can get home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    You're in bath?! So's my dad, I hope he can get home!
    hello all u sexy peple out there en body doin ne fing interestin?

ReputationRep:
    men do like to exaggerate their measurements, dont they?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.