The Student Room Group

Int 2 maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by freedom123
It was 37.. as it came to 36.86 so it was 37, and i just double checked! Sorry if i panick yous guys!

I got 36.9 degrees anyway so its fine :smile:
Reply 141
For question 12 ( the yacht one) I couldn't figure out the angles I completely blanked. I left it till the end and eventually cam to the conclusion I wasn't going to find any angles. So I put in *incorrect* angles so I could use the sine rule then to calculate the height I used my *incorrect* side to once again use the sine rule? Do you think I could pick up any marks out of the possible 5?
Original post by itsc0ntagious
What do you need out of 80 (is it 80? 50 + 30, i think...) to get an A?

You only need 56, I checked the SQA website :smile: I think I'd just manage to scrape an A or miss it by a mark!
I have scanned Paper 1, could someone do the worked answers for these?? Thanks :smile:

old 005.jpg
old 004.jpg
old 003.jpg
old 002.jpg
old 001.jpg
Original post by tomctutor
Any chance you could do a neat scan of the pages and put them up so that all can see the questions - or someone please up the papers!

I have scanned paper 1, its on one of the latest posts of this thread, could you please do the worked answers? :smile:
Original post by BigChimp
For question 12 ( the yacht one) I couldn't figure out the angles I completely blanked. I left it till the end and eventually cam to the conclusion I wasn't going to find any angles. So I put in *incorrect* angles so I could use the sine rule then to calculate the height I used my *incorrect* side to once again use the sine rule? Do you think I could pick up any marks out of the possible 5?

You'd probably get a mark for using the right formula :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Airess3
You only need 56, I checked the SQA website :smile: I think I'd just manage to scrape an A or miss it by a mark!

That's hopeful! especially since everyone found it so difficult it might even be brought down? :biggrin: I hope you get an A, too! I think I've got maybe 36 in paper 2, if someone manages to work out any answers to paper 1 that'd be great! (and remarkable)
Original post by cheesejug
You could actually still get full marks. Transcription errors (copying down the question wrong) aren't penalised in int 2, unless you made the question easier as a result. :smile:

I copied down the first formula correctly ... something like
4x + 2y = ....

but then the second formula I didn't copy 3y I copied 2y by accident so my two formulas were something along the lines of

4x+2y=...
6x+2y= ...

have I made it easier? :frown:
Agh! From the worked answers I only seem to have lost marks on one question :/ For 11 I didn't think to not multiply x by y, so i ended up getting xy^3.
That's hopeful! especially since everyone found it so difficult it might even be brought down? :biggrin: I hope you get an A, too! I think I've got maybe 36 in paper 2, if someone manages to work out any answers to paper 1 that'd be great! (and remarkable)

I hope you get an A, too :smile:! For the first paper I messed up really badly and I even missed out a few questions too, I think I only got 15 or 16 marks for that :frown: But for the second paper I think I got 44 :smile: So hopefully I've not missed on anything that they could take a mark off from. It would be really annoying if I didn't get an A since I got A's in the prelims like you! It was a really tough exam since I've been doing a lot of past papers and none of them were as hard/confusing as Paper 1 :frown:! I hope SQA bring the grade boundaries down, but sadly, the grade boundaries have been pretty consistent these few years...
Original post by Airess3
I hope you get an A, too :smile:! For the first paper I messed up really badly and I even missed out a few questions too, I think I only got 15 or 16 marks for that :frown: But for the second paper I think I got 44 :smile: So hopefully I've not missed on anything that they could take a mark off from. It would be really annoying if I didn't get an A since I got A's in the prelims like you! It was a really tough exam since I've been doing a lot of past papers and none of them were as hard/confusing as Paper 1 :frown:! I hope SQA bring the grade boundaries down, but sadly, the grade boundaries have been pretty consistent these few years...

I completely blanked at the angle questions in paper 1, and I mucked up the surds question too ... and that's just what I can remember!:sad: 44 is really good! I had no clue how to do the gas emissions one and I somehow got 60% but I have no idea how! Are the grade boundaries for each paper on the SQA website? I can't seem to find any :cool: good luck if anyone else is sitting Bio tomorrow and French on Thursday! I will run out of school on Thursday shouting freedom ... no joke:biggrin::tongue:
Its amazing the amount of procrastination that goes on after exams! I wish i was one of these people who didnt care, but i do!!!
I completely blanked at the angle questions in paper 1, and I mucked up the surds question too ... and that's just what I can remember!:sad: 44 is really good! I had no clue how to do the gas emissions one and I somehow got 60% but I have no idea how! Are the grade boundaries for each paper on the SQA website? I can't seem to find any :cool: good luck if anyone else is sitting Bio tomorrow and French on Thursday! I will run out of school on Thursday shouting freedom ... no joke:biggrin::tongue:

Omg! Same! But I didn't muck up the surd question, I just left half of the graph questions blank! Then I walked out of the exam room and found that I could actually work out the graph questions!!! :angry: I got 75% for the gas question but I just added 15% 5 times, so that not correct. Haha, I just completely guessed it! Yeah they are, just go to 'Intermediate 2 Maths" and then "External Assesment Reports" Then go to Page 7 of the PDF file and the grade boundaries are the mark where it says "Lowest mark" :smile:
On the volume of the pill question I done the volume of a cylinder and a sphere but I done the radius wrong for the cylinder so how many marks would I get :/ and for the cliff question I used Sin then Soh Cah Toa which my teacher said was right but I used the wrong values and gotn 88 for the height :/ will I get any marks ?
Reply 154
1. £1,158,000,000,000

2. a)Cumulative frequencies for marks:
5 = 2
6 = 7
7 = 13
8 = 24
9 = 33
10 = 35

b) i) Median = 8
ii) Upper quartile = 9
iii) Lower quartile = 7

c) Can'd do the box plot, but line started at 5, box from 7 to 9 with a line at 8, and the line finished at 10.
Original post by Airess3
I have scanned paper 1, its on one of the latest posts of this thread, could you please do the worked answers? :smile:

Here's the papers P1 and P2 solutions worked for this years Int2M U123
- thanks to all that contributed and Airess3 for scans.
please quote this thread in any references:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=37692809&postcount=159

(added link from Intermediate 2 Maths thread which has gone stale - only a few posts there.)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 156
3. 4x+3y=36

rearranges to give y= -(4/3)x + 12

12 is the y intercept, so co-ordinates of A = (0.12).

b) to find x, y=8.
So 8= -(4/3)x +12
-4 = -(4/3)x
-4*3 = -4x
-12 = -4x
3 = x

x = 3, y=8, so co-ordinates of C = (3,8).

4. PSO = 28 as it is an isosceles triangle

POS = 180-(28+28)
= 124 to make the rest of the angles of the triangle

SOR = 180-124
= 56 (as there are 180 in a straight line)

OSR = 90

So QRS = 180 - (90+56)
= 34.

a) mean = 20160
b) I think its median as the very large number skews the information, whereas the median is closer to the majority of the numbers.

a) Roots = 2 and 4
b) A is when x=0
so y=02-(6*0)+8
y=8
so co-ordinates = (0,8)

B and C are the roots you just found - so B(2,0) and C(4,0)

C) The axis ofsymmetry is halfway between B and C, so (2+4)/2 = 6/2 = 3.
So axis of symmetry: x=3

7. Area of a triangle = (1/2)absinC
20 = (1/2)*16*b*(1/4)
(20*2*4)/16 = b (since dividing by a fraction means you multiply by the denominator)
10 = b

so BC=10cm.

a) (a+b)2

b) 94 = a 6=b
so (94+6)2

9. Can't do here, but starts at 0, reaches -2 at 90, reaches 0 at 180, reaches 2 at 270, reaches 0 at 360.

10. (root)2*3 + (root)2*2 - (root)6
(root)6 + (root)4 -(root)6
(root)4 (negative and positive root 6s cancel out)
2 (since root 4=2)

:smile:
Reply 157
Original post by tomctutor
Here's the papers P1 and P2 solutions worked for this years Int2M U123
- thanks to all that contributed and Airess3 for scans.
please quote this thread in any references:

For Paper 1 qestion 2c) I think you drew a dot plot not a box plot.

+ Thank you for the solutions!!
Original post by nerd434
It was a boxplot not a dotplot?

sorted now -ta!

Original post by UserUnavailable
Agh! From the worked answers I only seem to have lost marks on one question :/ For 11 I didn't think to not multiply x by y, so i ended up getting xy^3.

same :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending