Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I sent my admissions tutor at Queen Mary an email on Sunday, explaining that I can no longer take critical thinking and that therefore they have made me an AAB offer - which i'd been assured on my interview date, wouldn't be happening.

    I know it's a long shot, and I know they will probably not change my offer in light of this new information.. but you'll understand that I had to try! Otherwise I may end up wondering and possibly regretting not trying.

    Anyway, do you think they'll contact me? I mean, say I got lucky and they WERE to alter my offer, I would presumably get an ammendment from UCAS. But will I be contacted by Queen Mary directly, particularly if they aren't going to make any changes? Otherwise I'll be waiting until the end of April to select my firm & insurance places cos I'll be too scared that they WILL change their mind (as I've seen somewhere here before - an amended offer occuring after receiving the final ucas decisions letter!)

    What does anyone think?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    & at what point should I contact them to ask if they are going to change anything? 2 weeks from the email ok?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Could you explain that a bit better?
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I'll try!

    Queen Mary's standard offer is ABB. I went for an interview and the man there said they dont make offers of AAB.

    2 weeks later, and I check ucas to see an offer of 340 points (AAB) from 2004 examinations.

    I think this was due to the fact that they believed I was taking an extra AS level, that I've had to drop because of timetable problems.

    SO.. I sent them an email explaining that I've had to drop it , and that because of this my offer is AAB. I asked if they'd consider revising it - or letting me take my AS from last year into account.

    I was just wondering if I would be contacted by them even if they decide not to revise this offer, and when I should contact them again.

    - I don't want to accept/decline anything until I've heard from them, because if I get my offer revised I may put it as my insurance.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing to do would be to ring up the admissions team for your dept, and explain the situation to them. They will probably be able to give you an immediate answer as to what will happen, and you can also refer them to the email you sent (its good that you did send them an email - they like to have things in writing, otherwise they aren't allowed to make any changes )
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Help me again!!

    I called up my admissions tutor who said she didn't remember GETTING my email (which was in my outbox and had been sent), she said to resend the email and then "we can deal with it". I am not holding out for an ammendment and am already preparing myself to accept goldsmiths as my insurance, but I just wondered given that I have phoned .. will they let me know directly their decision or will i have to wait to hear (or not hear as the case may be) from UCAS??
 
 
 
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.