English Literature AQA POETRY; Relationships clust predicted questions 24nd May 2012 Watch

lil-mazie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thx u 2 if your doing the exam!
Rose393
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LauraWainwright707)
can someone please explain to his coymistress to me?
thankyou so much!
i don't know if anyones replied but its basically a syllogistic, three part argument in which the speaker is trying to persuade his lover to have sex with him. in the first stanza he uses flattery based on hyperbole. then in the second stanza he uses imagery associated with death ("marble vault" etc). And then in the final stanza he uses imagery associated with health and vitality to convey the importance of making the most of their time together.

Hope that helps- really hoping this will come up! good luck
daniya12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ginge:))
I wanted it to be manhunt so badly! Can someone send me some starting points on how to analyse Sonnet 116? Because i find it really hard to do anything with
I know manhunt, nettles, quickdraw and ghazal...
just to let you guys know, Hour, Harmonium and Sonnet 116 - if they appear - will only appear in the higher tier...so there's a high likelihood that one of them will come up.
how did everyone find the lit paper today? anyone do TKAM and/or the Crucible, the questions were horrible!
SONNET 116 IS A GREAT ONE TO COMPARE WITH TO HIS COY
- one oviously talks about true lvoe, the other one lust/hypothetical love
- in sonnet 116, love seems autonomous, 'looks on tempests and is never shaken' tempest being a metaphor for trouble, it shows love is unaffected, very powerful. whereas in to his coy, love seem weak, succumbs to external factors 'beauty shall no more be found' simile of youthful hue like morning dew.
-lastly a point about time and love, in 116, love 'bears it out to the edge of doom' implying it is everlasting, outdoes time. but in to his coy, time defeats love, as 'none' 'embrace' in the 'grave' the grave being synonymous with death and end of time.

REMEBER TO ANALYSE TECHNIQUES OF LANGUAGE AND STRUCTURE TO BACK THESE POINTS UP
RG110man
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody have any revision techniques or ways or revising they find fairly pain-free and easy? I have this exam on Thursday too, and don't know how to revise poetry!?
Jacoby123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found the teachers guide which says this but I noticed that this from spec 2012... How can we confirm that this is true for our exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (88)
9.97%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.63%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.92%

Watched Threads