i get called ugly everyday Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
sorry, this is long. hey i don't really know what i'm asking but it's more advice..
i'm and 18 year old girl and my self-esteem is so so low it kills. anyway, i get called ugly practically everyday around college, people laugh or i hear them say things and whispering or even worse straight at my face ): it's really getting me down and i don't know what to do anymore, i just look away or down to the floor or pretend i didn't hear anything /:. i'm not even overexaggerating.

cause i'm shy i've never had a boyfriend and i've only been asked out once and i'm worried i'm going to be like this forever especially at uni and it's making me sad. i don't think i'm that bad i'm average weight and have blonde medium hair and i dress well, it's only when they look at me. i don't do anything to them and i am a nice person sp why?

i just wanted to tell people and see if anyone else is like me. also want to know if you call people ugly, why do you do it? and next time if you're with your friends and they say something about a girl or guy walking past please don't say anything it really knocks you down.
doughnut92
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't call people ugly. I think it's horrible and I hate hurting people's feelings. I just think everyone is beautiful to someone so who is anyone else to judge?
I can't believe that people of college age are still so immature as to bully people. They need to grow up.
I wouldn't listen to it, personally. Just have confidence in yourself (or pretend you have the confidence), don't believe in what they say.
As for university, I hope it's different for you and you can leave the college taunts behind.
It won't be like this forever
ratherchloe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you have people to hang out with at college?
All you can really do is hold your head high and ignore it, people can be dicks.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i know it does hurt it's hard to pretent cause i do that all the time anyway. thank you me too, hopefully uni will be completely different and thanks for the advice, really helped.
ShredMaster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hate threads like these they make me feel like **** everytime I read them. Just hang in there. That's what I did :/
Mr.mAddd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Rise above these fools, you are way better than them. I think its disgusting that other people think they have right to mock or ridicule other people because they think they are 'ugly' or do not like the way they look.
nbee
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Shocking how people can be so cruel about something a person is born with, and is therefore out of their control.
Ok so someone is lucky if they supposedly came out trumps in the looks department, but in all honesty it usually always goes to their head so they can become awful people on the inside... :rolleyes:
pixelfrag
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
someone asked you out, which means he felt attracted to you. It can't be just him, which then means there would be many people who think you're pretty! So that's awesome for starters anyway, a lot of people never even get asked out due to people not finding their appearance appealing. So the next step is to wonder why they call you ugly.

People don't usually inflict emotional attacks to someone unless they had a motive...possibly jealousy?

Basically, you're not ugly There is nothing uglier than someone with a ****ty personality, and those are the people calling you ugly bubs. You're better than them, and they know it >:]
iheartplums
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
F U C K those ppl they're not even worth the time of day. dw college will be over before you know it and you're not ugly they're just being idiots.

oh and i already posted this in a diff thread but here it is again
http://i.imgur.com/g91TN.png
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
My own mother called me ugly once...I confronted her months ago about it, and she denied it! And til this very day she wonders why I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever!

Alpharius
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
im so academic? Is that you?

OP, ignore the haters, their gonna hate.
Lucia.
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it's very unlikely that you're ugly. I'm just saying because people are really superficial in school/college environments. When they say you're ugly, they might mean that you don't conform to what they find attractive. Example: I was told a lot that I wasn't attractive but I've had the last laugh. I'm not hot by any means but I look better than some of the people who called me ugly. They thought I was ugly because I was overweight, didn't wear revealing clothes, wear make-up or fake tan. Is it the guys or girls who call you ugly? If guys, then will grow up and start to appreciate what women look like under all the fake stuff, and realise what natural beauty is. If they're girls, then their opinion is far from objective when their own insecurities at that age make them feel the need to compete.

I was shy like you. I was never asked out and it made me feel unattractive. The truth is that teenage boys are more likely to date the girls at school with status attached to them - it's really superficial and it's no reflection of the real world. I suddenly got a lot hotter towards the end of school after spending a little time on my appearance and losing weight. Someone asked me out on the last day of school. I then had a boyfriend within the first month of university. My point is that what you're experiencing is one stage of your life. You can reinvent yourself and there is plenty of scope for people to start appreciating you as a whole person. Those people at school aren't worth their salt if they can't look at a person as an individual.
MancBoy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's awful! How can they be so cruel? I'm sorry you have had to go through this.

If I knew you I would definitely have a word with whoever is calling you these horrible things. This type of thing should not happen! I'm so angry reading this!
Robbob16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my experience people who do things like this are usually doing it to divert attention from their own flaws. Everybody has flaws, and everybody has something that makes them beautiful, everybody. Focus on what you're good at and what makes you awesome, you'll find confidence in that and that's what makes a person truly attractive, regardless of what they look like.

Personally i know im not the best looking person and there's a lot of things I dislike about the way I look but I know I'm a good guy who can make people laugh, along with a lot of others things that make me happy that i am who I am. You're better than a few insults at college.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
ShredMaster
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My own mother called me ugly once...I confronted her months ago about it, and she denied it! And til this very day she wonders why I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever!

Stick a knife in that *****es eye. How ****ing dare she.
almosttrue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ShredMaster)
Stick a knife in that *****es eye. How ****ing dare she.
My mothers said some nasty stuff when i was like 17 i looked bad i wore addidas tracksuits and was very plain she said that she cringed when she was out with me lol. During an argument she said 'you know some people look ugly but people feel sorry for them and think oh well at least they have a nice personality but you have neither' then walked out the door. My dad also said that he was nicer looking than me when he was young, my mum stuck up for me and said 'you wernt that bloody nice' he said 'im not saying i was nice but i was nicer than her'. So yea I get called ugly too i suppose, added to the fact ive ever had a boyfriend at 27 pretty much concludes it but I cant change what i am, its not even my fault

Theres no point getting mad where does it get you?
brunettegirl92
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was sometimes called ugly at school/college. someone kept telling me i looked like a dog - or sometimes a guy. I'm now at uni, i wear nice clothes, and do my make-up and hair nicely pluck eyebrows, and i think that i'm not actually all that bad to look at. infact i am sometimes compliemented on the way i look. so when someone, even lots of people call you ugly (and there were a lot of mean boys in my class) it doesn't mean its true. It means they're ********s with a image in their small brains about how a girl, or you, SHOULD look - to please the appae=rently.
whenever i feel down about the way i look, i change my hairstyle - dye it or cut it, buy a new outfit and do my make-up differently.
Emissionspectra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgT1AidzRWM&ob=av2e
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Robbob16)
In my experience people who do things like this are usually doing it to divert attention from their own flaws. Everybody has flaws, and everybody has something that makes them beautiful, everybody. Focus on what you're good at and what makes you awesome, you'll find confidence in that and that's what makes a person truly attractive, regardless of what they look like.

Personally i know im not the best looking person and there's a lot of things I dislike about the way I look but I know I'm a good guy who can make people laugh, along with a lot of others things that make me happy that i am who I am. You're better than a few insults at college.

Bull****. So in every ugly girl (like me) there is something that makes them (and me) beautiful?

No.
Robbob16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
Bull****. So in every ugly girl (like me) there is something that makes them (and me) beautiful?

No.
Of course there is, I've never met anyone who has literally nothing that makes them attractive.

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (130)
18.01%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.17%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.4%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (221)
30.61%

Watched Threads