The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone realise that this post was made in 2012?
this happens to me sometimes but I know why it happens I don’t do it because I’m not mean but my friends sometimes do it and it because when someone calls you ugly, they don’t mean it because if they actually meant it- they wouldn’t say it because you would feel really bad. Bullies mostly say it to people that aren’t ugly, but are easy to target. When my friends say it, or people I know, they just do it to make other people laugh and to get attention but deep down they don’t actually think ur ugly.
Who even does that though...
People do it for the laugh. Most likely if the person/people have said it when they are around people but when they are alone they don’t say anything, its because they don’t actually think you are ugly, but if they say it around people they will get attention and people laughing and you get humiliated and that’s the whole point they want to humiliate you and they want people to laugh and not like you just because they don’t like you.
I can totally relate, I was walking down the street the other day with my sister who is one year older than me and very insecure herself and I heard a bunch of girls saying ‘ewww rank’ and then I heard her friend go ‘which one’ and she replied with ‘both of them’ and it really hurt I don’t know why but It affected my whole day and made me feel down for the whole night and I will probably always remember it, my sister didn’t hear them and I’m glad she didn’t I would of hated if she heard them because she’s really pretty and doesn’t know it and horrible people like that bringing us down like that will just make us feel worse. I just wish people wouldn’t be so negative and stuck up towards people so much these days, I hate people who just say these kind of comments
Just remember that not everyone cares about looks. You are more likely to meet a man who loves you for you, and what’s on the inside. If you were really attractive, lots of men may want to be with you just for your looks, and not your personality.
Pretty girls with ugly personalities are not beautiful at all. You, with your amazing personality, will find someone who truly loves you for you.
Reply 46
I know I'm slightly unattractive, and it's easier just to accept it rather thn denying it. Just say yeah and so what. Won't stop me from living a successful life with someone i find attractive. You watch! It's easier said than done and the comment might sting slightly, but after a while you just become accustomed to the name.
(edited 3 years ago)
From ur description u dont seem ugly. I've been called ugly a few times and it gets me down. Heres my description, I have light brown hair, I'm underweight, I have blue eyes, and thick eye brows. It gets me down when people call me ugly and I hate when I look In the mirror i wish i could change. About me being underweight I'm trying to gain weight but i find it difficult cuz of a high metabolism and I'm going through puberty

Latest

Trending

Trending