b3n1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hell comes to mind?
matthew769
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by b3n1)
Hell comes to mind?
Agreed lol, disaster of a paper.
lopikase123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
haha there were some nasty bits, and like that nitrogen cycle stuff??? eh wrong paper?? the essay was ok though i thought what about you guys?
michaelf12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
absolute nightmare
matthew769
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lopikase123)
haha there were some nasty bits, and like that nitrogen cycle stuff??? eh wrong paper?? the essay was ok though i thought what about you guys?
yeo lopikase haha yeah few questions v dodgy. second part of essay was vague though, a number of things could have been said
lopikase123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
do you think the marks will be scaled up much?
jamster1991
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
the only saving grace of that paper was the essay. Are they allowed to put things that blatantly arent on the spec onto the paper? There are gonna have to scale that up something shocking if everyone found it as hard i did.
michaelf12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
what did everyone get for the probability the child was an albino haemophillic male?
lopikase123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jamster1991)
the only saving grace of that paper was the essay. Are they allowed to put things that blatantly arent on the spec onto the paper? There are gonna have to scale that up something shocking if everyone found it as hard i did.
why what wasnt on the spec?? there was no 'peer review' type stuff like that which came up on paper one. The whole plasmi/vector thing was stariaght from the book it was nice, they even used the exact diagram in the transcription questiion lol
sdillon590
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Tell me this, second part of the essay, general differences, or differences in ATP production?!
michaelf12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jamster1991)
I think thats what they mean by "synoptic" but I feel your pain, the nitrogen cycle had completely left my head too
jamster1991
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
why what wasnt on the spec?? there was no 'peer review' type stuff like that which came up on paper one. The whole plasmi/vector thing was stariaght from the book it was nice, they even used the exact diagram in the transcription questiion lol
Nitrogen cycle is not on the spec for the second paper
matthew769
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by michaelf12)
what did everyone get for the probability the child was an albino haemophillic male?
1/16. you?
lopikase123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
yea 1/16
michaelf12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by matthew769)
1/16. you?
Yass i got the same, it was like X^hY aa
iamjellywhatami
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
It was horrendous i wanted to cry!
I left out the most important bit in the 5mk punnet square question...the ratio ..fml. dont even get me started on the essay.
cz100
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
Even the essay felt a bit weird, like ATP synthesis isn't really the main function of photosynthesis.
lopikase123
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
can i ask how you proved that it was sex linked?? is it simply that all affected were male ? its just that that doesnt really seemed like proof more than just a high liklihood
matthew769
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
can i ask how you proved that it was sex linked?? is it simply that all affected were male ? its just that that doesnt really seemed like proof more than just a high liklihood
i just went for more common in males than females
michaelf12
Rep:
Report 10 years ago
yeah i couldnt prove it exactly, I just said that all males had it, and since they only need to have the non functional gene once (one X chromosome) then they are more likely. I dont know how you can prove it exactly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads