The Student Room Group

S2 Edexcel Thursday 24th May AM - PAPER & SOLUTIONS IN FIRST POST

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by semi-skimmed
I think you might. I just realised i didn't too. :/ But i think it may only be a mark

Original post by jukebox123
Hey gibbo, will I lose any marks for forgetting to highlight the region on the pdf graph where y equals 0?

Turns out you're ok. You usually lose a mark on the Uniform for not doing y=0 but with pdf it should be ok
Original post by tangkykiet
NO no i use poisson for question a and b but i use binomial for the third one . Anuwaus , i think i have the anwser which is 2

Erm tbh i dunno. Looking at the markschemes some of them don't giv leeway. Cross fingers i suppose :biggrin:
Reply 602
what do you guys think grade boundaries gonna be?
Reply 603
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
Hmmmmm...can't think of anything that could be wrong with it...I mean, it's mathematically true and accurate. Don't think it should be an issue...would like some reassurance, though, haha :smile:

Original post by master_blaster66
alot of people must have done that..i was one of them too lol

Original post by bexlovescandy
I did this too :/ not sure about it.

Had a look through some recent mark schemes and I can't find a similar question. In my opinion I think you will get the marks because you've just defined your hypotheses after the approximation rather than before.
Original post by AS01

I don't know because i felt it was just a really weird paper so it's anyone's guess.
Reply 605
It's alright he's moving to wales anyway so i can say what i like!!!

What a w**ker :angry:
Original post by AS01

100 90 80 70 60 50 40
_75 68 61 54 47 41 35
Reply 607
I don't know because i felt it was just a really weird paper so it's anyone's guess.

hope its around 64/65
Reply 608
Original post by Kenan and Kel
100 90 80 70 60 50 40
_75 68 61 54 47 41 35

if 90 is gonna be 68 then I am gonna kill myself coz i got 67. :angry:
Reply 609
Original post by Arsey
We get used to that in our occupation.

Not sure about the iPad app, not sure how to view smilies or who has quoted me... App boffins please sort it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

This smiley should be called the SB :facepalm:
Original post by Gibbo81
What a w**ker :angry:

I know!!! It's alright we've got a classy physics department who help us a lot!!!
Reply 611
I know!!! It's alright we've got a classy physics department who help us a lot!!!

Yeah, our school's Physics department is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! However there's still some losers off to do it at uni #suckers!:wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 612
Got 16/15 as my constant for the 4<x<10 range for that 8 marker CDF question. Some of my mates also got the same answer. Anyone else got that as their answer as well??
Original post by exam2k10
Got 16/15 as my constant for the 4<x<10 range for that 8 marker CDF question. Some of my mates also got the same answer. Anyone else got that as their answer as well??

No sorry. If you go on the first post its the model solutions. Got -2/3
Reply 614
Original post by Gibbo81
Here are the solutions. Thanks for all the negative rep! I know Arsey is an insomniac but some of us need our beauty sleep!

It comes in two parts unfortunately (I just couldn't get it to less than 1MB).

I thought it was pretty easy with a couple of unusual questions so my best guess for grade boundaries is about 63 for an A.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT the value associated with the crit region in Q2 should be 0.0216 not 0.0215 (doing it in my head!)

People are questioning whether you should use Binomial or Poisson in the last question. Due to the values of n and p mean is not equal to variance and so a Poisson distribution will not give very accurate answers. I am sure that you will gain method marks for this question by using Poisson but the fact is that you may lose a number of accuracy marks.

Yo help me out man i used poisson as the last question will i even get a mark at all ? otherwise im screwed over man goto retake it ?
Original post by Gibbo81
Yeah, our school's Physics department is shocking. However there's still some losers off to do it at uni #suckers!:wink:

Wow they must be screwed then if the department sucks! Maybe you should teach it and see if you can do better if they're that bad! #giveitagoson
Reply 616
Original post by gshock
Yo help me out man i used poisson as the last question will i even get a mark at all ? otherwise im screwed over man goto retake it ?

Yeah you will get 2 or 3 methods for part a and possibly a method for part b so maybe 4 marks.

Reply 617
Original post by exam2k10

Can you remember how you got it?

Reply 618
Original post by Gibbo81
Yeah, our school's Physics department is shocking. However there's still some losers off to do it at uni #suckers!:wink:

Public forum

Reply 619
Original post by Gibbo81
This smiley should be called the SB :facepalm:

Indeed, there ought to be the full version.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending