The Student Room Group

Geology at Birmingham 2012 anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
40 mark essay sucks for me too. DO you know which module your going to do for the essay or just going to do whatever? I dont think i cant remember all the case studies for the essay from every module!
I'm sure you will you all sound so clever :/ but good luck though. What biology board are you? yer halls is just for one year although you can apply for the second year but most go into housing. Remembering case studies is my speciality :tongue: I find writing them on poster sized paper and putting it on my wall helps me to learn them. I might do ecosystems or plate tectonics would only do world cities if its on sustainability. What about you? I hope I get my first accom choice of mason :/
Reply 22
Yeah you can.
Biology is hard tbh, what exam board are you on?
Yeah I think so, I might do that if I dont want to stay at home after the first year lol
Reply 23
AQA for both geography and biology, WJEC for geology how about you guys?. That sounds like a good way to revise thanks haha, i might do that! I'm hoping to do plate tectonics too, if not i'll do climate. I kind of suck at human geography just want to do one set of short questions for them and get it over with :L Out of interest what are your tectonics case studies?

I also hear the night life in birmingham is really good so looking forward to that! xD
Reply 24
Night life in Birmingham is amazing...I know that personally lol. Im on OCR for Biology and WJEC for geology and geography.
Aqa for bio and geog and Oct for maths. I hate unit 5 biology to synoptic :/ my case studies are for earthquakes Haiti 2010 and l'aquila, Italy and volcanoes is mt pinatubo and the one I can't spell in Iceland starts with an E :/ lol yer I've heard that to so looking forward to it.
I hate human geography too

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 27
I'm doing geology and geography in A level too. Kind of set myself for geology didnt I? haha. I heard the nightlife is amazing too! Might see you guys out there ^^
Reply 28
There is so much to know for GL4 its crazy, and the dreaded map of course. Everytime i look at the course spec there always seems to be a huge amount i havent gone over yet lol. I wish the course was more coursework based, i know we did 2 pieces but they didnt account for many marks
Reply 29
Haha maybe :tongue:
Ohh god I hate G4, I'm really not looking forward to it. They account for quite a bit actually, they can really sway your grade. But as for content, they dont seem to make up much. My problem is that I feel like I know the stuff, I look at an exam paper and realise I cant answer half the questions :/
Reply 30
Yer thats how i feel too. I guess you can only do your best in the end!

Really looking forward to the course though, meeting new people etc. And i'm going to try my haredst to get onto the international year
Reply 31
Same, can't wait now lol. I'm not sure if im actually gonna do it, don't know if I can afford it lol. I'd like to though
Reply 32
Have you all finished for exam leave now? Sounds as if we will be sitting at least some exams at the same time :P I really just want to get them over with, sick of A levels :L
Reply 33
Yeah Im on study leave...except there doesnt seem to be much studying :|
Yeah, the dreaded G4. Same, A Levels are so stressful.
Reply 34
Thats the irony of study leave.. little studying actually takes place. Hard to bring yourself to do it. Biology is easier to revise its just facts really, lots more theory in geography and geology.
Reply 35
Indeed. Same, although I havent revised it much recently. mostly been revising geology lol
Reply 36
So is anyone else doing Geology at the University of Birmingham?
Reply 37
Original post by Woody17
So is anyone else doing Geology at the University of Birmingham?

Yes, I am :smile: Are you looking forward to it?
Reply 38
Good. Yeah can't wait, you? :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Woody17
Good. Yeah can't wait, you? :smile:

Can't wait either :smile: Not long now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending