This discussion is closed.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
"I am a scally man do you know what I mean? I get my clothes down all sports man, init."

"Kev, you goin' down the market street on sat so we can go and f*cking beg some money of punters so we can by some new nike air?"

"init man, yo star, have you got any change man" - person in quesiton if kitted out with designer gear.

Me personaly I hate brands for the reasons outlined above. Personaly I would rather wear Pirmark than a £100 nike top.
i sort of agree, the only time sportswear should be seen on the streets is if the wearer's seriously sweaty and training for the london marathon.
byakugan_neji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd probably pay £10 maximum more for a pair of jeans with a better designer label, probably because it gives me a feeling that it will be of better quality. But £100? You could get 5 good jeans for that price. No-one will see the label anyways.

You could just go to Primark, buy a £5 pair of jeans, nick a Levi label from another shop and stitch it on.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
I'd probably pay £10 maximum more for a pair of jeans with a better designer label, probably because it gives me a feeling that it will be of better quality. But £100? You could get 5 good jeans for that price. No-one will see the label anyways.

You could just go to Primark, buy a £5 pair of jeans, nick a Levi label from another shop and stitch it on.
Or you could just wear the uniform they'll give you for nowt in prison when you get caught :-)
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
Or you could just wear the uniform they'll give you for nowt in prison when you get caught :-)
That is a good point you raised there (although unintentionally I presume) as many would say that the privileges that the inprisoned recieve are often better than if they had to live independantly.
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
That is a good point you raised there (although unintentionally I presume) as many would say that the privileges that the inprisoned recieve are often better than if they had to live independantly.
do they get dictionaries in the slammer?
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd happily spend over a £100 on a pair of jeans. But then im a bit of a girl that way and like fashion and like to take an interest in my personal appearance.

No im not gay before u ask!!
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Moog)
I'd happily spend over a £100 on a pair of jeans. But then im a bit of a girl that way and like fashion and like to take an interest in my personal appearance.

No im not gay before u ask!!
At the moment I have minor designer labels: FCUK, Animal, Ben Sherman etc, but I'd say they were more brands than designer. The only thing i tend to spend more money on is designer make up like dior and clinique and MAC, but that's because it's better quality.

I'd be willing to spend £100 on jeans only when I'm so rich that a pair of £100 jeans then is equivalent to me buying a pair of topshop jeans now.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by riffraff)
how much did they cost?
£600
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At the moment I have minor designer labels: FCUK, Animal, Ben Sherman etc, but I'd say they were more brands than designer. The only thing i tend to spend more money on is designer make up like dior and clinique and MAC, but that's because it's better quality.
I'd agree that these are more brands than designer. I spent £130 on a pair of diesel jeans the other day but I still think of diesel as being more of a brand even though it is quite expensive. Sometimes designer clothes can be better materials/better made but I admit this is quite rare. Im not minted but I don't mind spending the money if it's somthing I like. I wouldn't go stupid though I wouldn't spend £200 on a pair of jeans unless I was minted. I think £150 is absolute tops for jeans.

I can't really comment on make up as im male and don't wear it but i'll spend about £40 a bottle of cologne because it's much nicer than cheapy stuff. I also don't mind spending it on accesories like I have a Gucci wallet which cost me about £120 but u only need one wallet and it is actually really good quality leather.

Each to their own though, I don't have a problem with people wearing primark clothes, if there happy wearing it then I can see the sense.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, say if i was was hiring someone I'd much rather take someone on if they were in a Armani suit than a pri-mark one.

Besides, it may be better material and much better tailored! You can just look classier in say a little gucci black num,ber than a cheap copy of the market, if you see my point.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by winorloose)
Should we be paying £100+ for a pair of jeans just because it has a name on it?

Is the difference in quality sufficient to justify the price?

Are there exceptions such as well-made suits or dresses?

Any thoughts welcome
definatly not
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Well, say if i was was hiring someone I'd much rather take someone on if they were in a Armani suit than a pri-mark one.

Besides, it may be better material and much better tailored! You can just look classier in say a little gucci black num,ber than a cheap copy of the market, if you see my point.
hmmm... right, so you'd rather employ a nice-but-dim half-wit wearing an armani suit than someone who'd spent all their cash struggling to get through uni, received excellent qualifications, but could only afford a pri-mark suit. Good business sense... you'll go far.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
hmmm... right, so you'd rather employ a nice-but-dim half-wit wearing an armani suit than someone who'd spent all their cash struggling to get through uni, received excellent qualifications, but could only afford a pri-mark suit. Good business sense... you'll go far.
rofl
^mjg^
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
im quiet a sharp dresser. that mite b why i got an offer from paisley.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ^mjg^)
im quiet a sharp dresser. that mite b why i got an offer from paisley.
and soon LSE
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just buy clothes that look nice.
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I usually don't pay all that much for clothes except my suit which is special.
I do also usually pay quite a lot for my trainers but i do think there is a huge quality difference.
^mjg^
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I usually don't pay all that much for clothes except my suit which is special.
I do also usually pay quite a lot for my trainers but i do think there is a huge quality difference.
where do u get ur suit? asda gorge?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ^mjg^)
where do u get ur suit? asda gorge?
HEHE! I wish.
Anu
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by winorloose)
Should we be paying £100+ for a pair of jeans just because it has a name on it?

Is the difference in quality sufficient to justify the price?

Are there exceptions such as well-made suits or dresses?

Any thoughts welcome

if theyre nice, thyre nice. ifyou have the cash to spend on it,spend it. its noone elses problem/issue if youdo so.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads