Notts Law test - who's had replies yet?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ladyluck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I haven't before anyone gets excited! I read in a previous thread that the times admitted in their proposed law admissions test admitted that the brightest people / those who do well in the test dont necessarily make the best barristers/solicitors/judges etc.
Unfair eh! But i will console myslef with this when i get my rejection letter!!

Anyway - if anyone want to leave their rants here they will be more than welcome, and if any of you hear offers or rejections!!
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
I haven't before anyone gets excited! I read in a previous thread that the times admitted in their proposed law admissions test admitted that the brightest people / those who do well in the test dont necessarily make the best barristers/solicitors/judges etc.
Unfair eh! But i will console myslef with this when i get my rejection letter!!

Anyway - if anyone want to leave their rants here they will be more than welcome, and if any of you hear offers or rejections!!

i think students should be able to give away thier offers to other students, i'd give u my offer from notts, i wasnt even too fussed its my fourth choice!
bigbum
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sunnyt)
i think students should be able to give away thier offers to other students, i'd give u my offer from notts, i wasnt even too fussed its my fourth choice!
Lol - how nice of you!!! Theres loadsa people who took the notts law test who had already made their mind up to accept an oxbridge or durham offer (not saying anything about superiority - just from what i heard people saying!) I would really love to go to notts - its way nicer than any i have offers from at the mo!

Never mind!
DjPRO
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Sunnyt)
In my view, I think candidates for Nottingham Law, dont want to go to Nottingham or aren't going to accept any offers from them should not take the test in the first place and spare a place for someone who really wants to go.

DjPRO
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
(Original post by bigbum)
Lol - how nice of you!!! Theres loadsa people who took the notts law test who had already made their mind up to accept an oxbridge or durham offer (not saying anything about superiority - just from what i heard people saying!) I would really love to go to notts - its way nicer than any i have offers from at the mo!

Never mind!
Yeah That is a really nice thought, if only it could be real! :cool: When i was at the test, the few people who actually spoke already had their hearts set on other unis and had come to nottinghams test days under duress from their parents. Its true what you said most had oxbridge as first or warwick.
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DjPRO)
In my view, I think candidates for Nottingham Law, dont want to go to Nottingham or aren't going to accept any offers from them should not take the test in the first place and spare a place for someone who really wants to go.

DjPRO

i didnt have to do the test if they ask me i would have not turned up!
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
(Original post by DjPRO)

DjPRO
Absolutely. Did you have to suffer the test too? I hated having to do a test it may you feel so desperate, travelling all the way there when there is only a tiddly chance of getting in!
DjPRO
Report 17 years ago
Absolutely. Did you have to suffer the test too? I hated having to do a test it may you feel so desperate, travelling all the way there when there is only a tiddly chance of getting in!

LOL I didn't do the test. I haven't even applied for Law.....
I'm just stating my opinion...

DjPRO
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DjPRO)

DjPRO
I didn't go when they asked....too much effort.

G
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
(Original post by gzftan)
I didn't go when they asked....too much effort.

G
So does that mean they wont consider you now? How does it work? Do you already have a good offer?

I was really tempted not to go, too many people = chance of getting a place quite low, they didnt put much effort in so it was a long way just for a one hour test. We did get free drinks and biscuits but its not the stuff you would make an effort to go 4! They decided to show half the room a video whilst we were waiting,\the other half had to go without, so much for thier organisational skills, they didnt even bother to work out how many people were coming ie one student 1 maybe 2 accompanying friends/parents so the latecomers were made to feel more awkward by standing. lol. I was not one of them!!
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So does that mean they wont consider you now? How does it work? Do you already have a good offer?

I was really tempted not to go, too many people = chance of getting a place quite low, they didnt put much effort in so it was a long way just for a one hour test. We did get free drinks and biscuits but its not the stuff you would make an effort to go 4! They decided to show half the room a video whilst we were waiting,\the other half had to go without, so much for thier organisational skills, they didnt even bother to work out how many people were coming ie one student 1 maybe 2 accompanying friends/parents so the latecomers were made to feel more awkward by standing. lol. I was not one of them!!
Gzftans got an offer from oxbridge, and well done to him, it must be lovely to not have to worry about uni places.....!!!!
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Gzftans got an offer from oxbridge, and well done to him, it must be lovely to not have to worry about uni places.....!!!!
Yeah well done! I thought it must be the case if he was not bothered about nottingham.

Do you know how it works tho if you are invited for the test but dont go? is it an auto rejection? I went but am just interested to know
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yeah well done! I thought it must be the case if he was not bothered about nottingham.

Do you know how it works tho if you are invited for the test but dont go? is it an auto rejection? I went but am just interested to know
Cheers!! Thanks to both LadyLuck and George-W-Duck!!

On the letter i got...you had to reply with the slip they sent you...the option said 'decline invitation to take test and withdraw offer'...so there's no way anyone who didn't take the test and was invited will get a place.

On the UCAS site..it says 'withdrawn' as opposed to 'rejection' though.

Good Luck to you guys when the results come in...i hope you get in!!

G

btw- George-W-Duck....it is a relief not having to worry about uni places...but it's been replaced by exam worries!!!!!!
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Cheers!! Thanks to both LadyLuck and George-W-Duck!!

On the letter i got...you had to reply with the slip they sent you...the option said 'decline invitation to take test and withdraw offer'...so there's no way anyone who didn't take the test and was invited will get a place.

On the UCAS site..it says 'withdrawn' as opposed to 'rejection' though.

Good Luck to you guys when the results come in...i hope you get in!!

G

btw- George-W-Duck....it is a relief not having to worry about uni places...but it's been replaced by exam worries!!!!!!
I am sure that i didnt have that option on my letter, i just had a YES - 23rd Feb test box or a alternative date box.

Exam worries already!! - i am waiting on results from Jan exams before i start to panic, they are out a week on thurs

Tho my teachers have been saying its only 10 weeks till exams. We havent even got through half of unit 5's work, and we are yet to do bio coursework!! AArgh!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Exam worries already!! - i am waiting on results from Jan exams before i start to panic, they are out a week on thurs

Tho my teachers have been saying its only 10 weeks till exams. We havent even got through half of unit 5's work, and we are yet to do bio coursework!! AArgh!!
Tell me about it!!!! I dread finding what i got for chem a second time round!!!

I've already started revision now cos i'm so worried (yes...i'm sad)!!! I'm also dreading the synoptic papers for bio and phys.....and we still have loads of the spec to do too!!! AAAARRGGGGHHH....

I'll be glads when it's all over!

G
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Tell me about it!!!! I dread finding what i got for chem a second time round!!!

I've already started revision now cos i'm so worried (yes...i'm sad)!!! I'm also dreading the synoptic papers for bio and phys.....and we still have loads of the spec to do too!!! AAAARRGGGGHHH....

I'll be glads when it's all over!

G
I started revising early for my jan exams, NOv time, but i found i got too bored and didnt do anything productive. I think once my uni options are sorted i will have something to aim for and will perhaps settle down a little!! My first choice uni at the mo said that if we put them firm they would 99% have us if we dropped a grade, and maybe even two. *thats birm for a AAB offer.* potentially offering AAD/ABC is crazy!

P.S i have bio synoptic too! the thought of all last years work scares me to death.!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I started revising early for my jan exams, NOv time, but i found i got too bored and didnt do anything productive. I think once my uni options are sorted i will have something to aim for and will perhaps settle down a little!! My first choice uni at the mo said that if we put them firm they would 99% have us if we dropped a grade, and maybe even two. *thats birm for a AAB offer.* potentially offering AAD/ABC is crazy!

P.S i have bio synoptic too! the thought of all last years work scares me to death.!!
That's what leicester said to me...so a potential ABB...but only if i put them as first choice...showing loyalty they called it.

Bio synoptic!!! All of last years biochem....plus this years respiration and photosynthese...electron transport chains...photosystems...krebs' cycles...aaarrrgggghhh!!!!

G
Ladyluck
Rep:
?

SO to get to Cam for law im guessing an A at Bio AS, plus your other science subj's - you will be fine!

I got an A last year - not at all hopeful for this year, tho i dont need it in my offers as they are for 3 A2's and Bio is my 4th and most hated. 26 in one A2 class, - the joys of state education!!!
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
SO to get to Cam for law im guessing an A at Bio AS, plus your other science subj's - you will be fine!

I got an A last year - not at all hopeful for this year, tho i dont need it in my offers as they are for 3 A2's and Bio is my 4th and most hated. 26 in one A2 class, - the joys of state education!!!
I really hope so.....having said that...i;ve been on here for far too long :P so i'd better go offline and do some work now!! :eek:

Been fun chatting....good luck with both notts and the evil resit results on the 11th....i'm sure you'll do fine too!!

Let me know how it goes...

G
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
I really hope so.....having said that...i;ve been on here for far too long :P so i'd better go offline and do some work now!! :eek:

Been fun chatting....good luck with both notts and the evil resit results on the 11th....i'm sure you'll do fine too!!

Let me know how it goes...

G
I was just thinking, can Nottingham wait until next week when Unit 4 results are out - to make an offer? Is that likely?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads