Weird lump under rib cage Watch

This discussion is closed.
Les parkes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a same lump about the size of half a golf ball,when I lay on my back its more promernant,and harder,it's painful when I lie on my front,I also was told it could be a syst,I'm being sent for ualtrascan,hope that's all it is
geegee5500
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have this too. Tests show nothing. I second the bladder check. It's worse for me with a full bladder or tummy. Mines on the upper left under last rib it hides and then hurts and the pain comes from different places. I'm so scared
witchling
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is possibly a hernia
Dmwingrove
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have JUST found the exact same thing on my 12 yr old son! I'm taking straight to gp in the morning ! I recommend you do the same honey ! A calm mind will do you wonders !
Twirtz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you ever find out what it was?
Tmbrtltt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same here they are above my one of my left ribs. You can feel it if you put pressure on the rib it's on if you brush it. I especially feel it hurting during sport. I have another on the same side but lower near the hip which you can't feel but it hurts when I run and do sport.
Tmbrtltt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I haven't seen anyone on it but I doubt anyone can help me with 'a weird lumpy thing near my ribcage that I can feel when I press it'.
Samatha++35
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the last three months I have been to ER . First time due to pain where my right leg bends at one point I could not even lift my leg and within a couple weeks I notice the pain was now above my right hip and the pain went as far as 4 inches from the belly button and a month later the pain has moved to being under the right rib cage and server pain three days ago I felt a lump it seems to come and go I can mostly feel it after a meal . Now Having pain in shoulder blade it always hurts more so after meals or activity . The other areas still hurt at times I've never felt this kinda pain . The ER keeps nothing . I'm so miserable and I'm losing sleep due to the discomfort . Any advice . I do have anemia and was in the hospital for two weeks and a blood transfusion . Any advice
Bighair
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi have you found out what it is in the end?
Meshellrocks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone figure out anything?? I am waiting for blood tests. Thinking stage 4 cancer. My whole body is getting lumpy (soft tissue and feels like on the bones deep). Kinda freaking out. I've search embarrassing hours. So many issues, when I put them all together. Until last week I thought of all my aches separate and normal with aging.
Gamermamma
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know the answer to the question but I seem to have the same delema. It's in like the
Babyhustle88
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I'm currently having same problem but I already have had gallbladder taken out about 4 to 5 years again and also when I take a deep breath it makes it hurt an hard to breath
Braxtin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey everyone. I suggest you look into Dercum's Disease if you're experiencing more than one of these lumps, especially if they are painful. It isn't cancer, it's kinda crappy...but maybe some of you may have that. It's characterized by Lipomas, that are painful. The lipomas themselves, gravitate towards scar tissue, damage and seem to be related to a connective tissue disorder of some sort. Hope this helps. I have the same issues, but am thinking my gallbladder may be having an issue. However, I have about 40 of these lumps so far, mainly in my ribcage area. Basically anywhere there is muscle damage, scar tissue, nerve pain or joint pain.
NellyP
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you ever find an answer? I have what sounds like the same thing. I have been to the doctor and I have had scans for gall bladder issues. The doctor doesn't seem to be that interested. But I would like to know what it is. It can be very uncomfortable. I have clicking rib syndrome but I don't know if the two things are related.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NellyP)
Did you ever find an answer? I have what sounds like the same thing. I have been to the doctor and I have had scans for gall bladder issues. The doctor doesn't seem to be that interested. But I would like to know what it is. It can be very uncomfortable. I have clicking rib syndrome but I don't know if the two things are related.
The OP literally registered, posted this question and they haven't been back since. The person above you has done the same - literally registered and then not been back.

Please see your GP and let them tell you what they think it is / isn't.

Kindred I think this thread needs to be locked. :ta:
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm closing this because it's old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to discuss something similar please feel free to make a new thread.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%
No- I want it (120)
26.67%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.56%

Watched Threads