Watch
This discussion is closed.
marina183
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Right,
Portsmouth.....please any opinins welcome. Good, bad and ugly. (But obviously Id like to hear more good stuff).
ANY info will be greatly welcomed too.
Cheers
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yay! another person thinking about portsmouth!

what are you gonna be studying? i'm doing accounting

hae you been to an open day? the univeristy is super nice, spread all over the city, but each building is said to be "within pitting distance of each other", which effectively it is.

the halls are really nice, most of them en-suite and most have been built from scratch over the past 3 years. guildhall campus is the best place to live as it's right in the centre with the town and loads of pubs/clubs really close.

i was there a couple of weeks ago, and i loved it! the staff are all really approachable and friendly, the whole place just really makes you feel comfortable, i can't bloody wait, i tell you!!!

anything else you wanna know, perhaps i could find out, or already know, i've been looking at the place for about a year now! i think i know quite a bit! lol

oh well,
marina183
Rep:
?
Whopee!!
Yeah, I'm gonna study Marketing in their lovely new Business Building. What halls do you reckon you'll stay in?
I haven;t been to an open day yet, Im waiting for my departmental open day and then Im gonna head along for that.
I've only heard good news about Portsmouth with regards to the social life, people,etc mind you I am a bit wary about its pants rep, but then again I was at UCL last year and I dropped out cos it was such a boring dump. Does the rep worry you?
I'm def going in Sep...got my unconditional offer yesterday. Am so excited!!!
Its also one of the few Unis which has a greater male than femaile population!!!!
So basically, what hall would you recommend? Got any info on that?
hildabeast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Gnostic)
Well, let's just say that it's not the LSE.
Let's just say...the world is bigger than the LSE, so get over it.
marina183
Rep:
?
Cheers for that...oh so helpful.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by marina183)
Cheers for that...oh so helpful.
Just ignore him. Some people are just obsessed with prestige, even though they themselves went to Strand Poly and so can't really speak in that regard . Portsmouth sounds great, and it's by the sea (bonus!!).
I say go for it!!!
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeh, the new business building is lovely, lovely pink benches outside too!

um.. i am gonna try my hardest to get into james watson hall - the newest of the halls. it looks lovely from the outside, and theres a user on here called rednirt, she is staying there and says its lovely. try sending a message to her, she'll tell you anything you want to know really! and shes got a website with a couple of pictures of her room, just click on her profile and the link is there. next i'll probably try for trafalgar or margaret rule - they're the next newest, and nicest. i wouldnt stay in bateson hall - it's said to be a dump, not nice!
i wouldn't stay in langston campus either, it's really far from the university buildings and shopping!

free internet access in the halls too, according to their website! that is good

the "bad" reputation pompey has really doesn't bother me. its improving all the time anyway! wouldn't fit in anywhere too far up the league tables anyway - plus they're just a load of *******s!

portsmouth is a really nice place, with a really nice university, and i can't ******* wait!!!!

hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Better to have studied law on the Strand, and to study at the LSE this summer, than pixies and goblins at lesbot college Oxford.
Well I wouldn't know, seeing as I haven't done either.
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
you aint writing that seriously, are you???

tell me you are just commenting because of what i said the liverpool thread?!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
BTW, Hildabeast, you still havn't told us what the difference between a dwarf and a midget is.
Well I would, if you would care to enlighten me. I'm not an expert on little people, being 5"11 myself, and owing to the fact that I have better things to do with my time.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Actually, I've decided to use the phrase "let's just say that it's not the LSE" on all those posts which begin with questions such as "Hey guys, I have EE at A-level and am going to study theology at Basildon Community College - what do you think of the university?"
Well what exactly is wrong with those people? Not everyone is a complete genius, unlike yourself of course :rolleyes:
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Right,
Portsmouth.....please any opinins welcome. Good, bad and ugly. (But obviously Id like to hear more good stuff).
ANY info will be greatly welcomed too.
Cheers
Have you checked the number of Asian people to White people? I would have thought this would be the most important aspect for you.............
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Surely Origen or Tertullian or Calvin wrote about dwarfs - they did, after all, write about demons and angels and gods and other mythological beings? Why not about pixies too?
Why don't you ask them yourself??? I couldn't possibly answer for dead men :rolleyes:
Perhaps dwarfs and pixies have not had such an important anthropological and socioloical effect upon the world. Why study the law and not Basildon Comp's school rules??? They're both 'made up' after all.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Nothing wrong, it's just that looser courses and universities are just not the LSE. If we judge an institution by the standards of the LSE, it becomes clear how good that institution is.
Well why judge it by the standards of the LSE??? It does not aim to be the LSE, and has a completely different focus.
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Because they're DEAD hilda. I know that, as a theologian, you think that you can talk to them by prayer or using an Ouija Board or whatever, but I'm afraid I just dont have that kind of *faith*.
Ahem. Read edit. Knowing that people like you are unable to understand the use of English without inappropriately reducing it beyond recognition, I thought it better to add on the fact they are in fact dead (especially Origen).
Nice to see you chose that bit of my post to reply to, and not the second half :rolleyes:
babyboo
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I'm just following the Protestant tradition of quoting things entirely out of context . Anyway, I'll let you get back to praying to Mary and using that Ouija Board - ta ta.
lmao ur so funny, really are! its nice to see someone so passionate abut there prospective uni! good on ya xxxxxxx
marina183
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
Have you checked the number of Asian people to White people? I would have thought this would be the most important aspect for you.............
Whopee!!!
Cheers, you really made me smile...I love knowing that I make a lasting impression on people!
Mentally Ill
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Whopee!!!
Cheers, you really made me smile...I love knowing that I make a lasting impression on people!
Why garlic bread?????
marina183
Rep:
?
(Original post by sparkler)
yeh, the new business building is lovely, lovely pink benches outside too!

um.. i am gonna try my hardest to get into james watson hall - the newest of the halls. it looks lovely from the outside, and theres a user on here called rednirt, she is staying there and says its lovely. try sending a message to her, she'll tell you anything you want to know really! and shes got a website with a couple of pictures of her room, just click on her profile and the link is there. next i'll probably try for trafalgar or margaret rule - they're the next newest, and nicest. i wouldnt stay in bateson hall - it's said to be a dump, not nice!
i wouldn't stay in langston campus either, it's really far from the university buildings and shopping!

free internet access in the halls too, according to their website! that is good

the "bad" reputation pompey has really doesn't bother me. its improving all the time anyway! wouldn't fit in anywhere too far up the league tables anyway - plus they're just a load of *******s!

portsmouth is a really nice place, with a really nice university, and i can't ******* wait!!!!

No way!!
I.m going for the James Watson Hall too.
Cheers for the advice, Im gonna check out that girl's posts now.
P.S. I have a friend of a friend also staying in those halls and they are apparently right on the doorstep of all the clubs, bars, pubs, etc.
marina183
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mentally Ill)
Why garlic bread?????
Its a Peter Kay thing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.34%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.92%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (13)
13.4%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.06%

Watched Threads