Whos going to Glasgow to do Vet Med?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
voodooshaman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey everyone. new here, so sorry if this has been asked b4? ive got a conditional for glasgow and i should be able to get it if i try a bit. anyone else going here?
cherub_rock
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
my boyfriend has unconditional offers from royal vet college and Liverpool for vet med/science. He had an interview at Edinburgh last week so has not heard back yet, but he didn't apply to Glasgow. Out of all of the 6 vet schools you don't hear much about Glasgow...dunno why!
Do you have offers from ahywhere else?
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
i only applied to edinburgh and glasgow, too expensive to go to england i think
i got rejected from ed but im not too bothered coz i woulda preffered glasgow
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
and now i have to go........to do my work experience on a farm lol. bye
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Which other uni's do vet med?
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im presuming that you are scottish...I heard that they didnt particularly like english students and as such didnt apply there. I managed offers from Edin, Bris, RVC and Liverpool. I have a friend at Glasgow and she says that it is really good if not hard work.
cherub_rock
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
Which other uni's do vet med?
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Cambridge, Bristol and Royal Vet College London. 6 of them, I bet you're spoiled for choice, eh?!
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cherub_rock)
Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Cambridge, Bristol and Royal Vet College London. 6 of them, I bet you're spoiled for choice, eh?!
I'm doing dentistry, I was just wondering out of interest
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by cherub_rock)
Out of all of the 6 vet schools you don't hear much about Glasgow...dunno why!
Do you have offers from ahywhere else?
hmmmm is this true? ive heard glasgow is the best? but then i do live in glasgow and its glasweigians who told me this but.......lol
SlipperyWhenWet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi there,
I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow to do Vet Med too and I'm planning on going there My vet trained there and told me he had the best time of his life, it's so relaxed and friendly and really hands on. I'm so looking forward to it! I just hope I don't muck up my exams!
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlipperyWhenWet)
Hi there,
I've got a conditional offer from Glasgow to do Vet Med too and I'm planning on going there My vet trained there and told me he had the best time of his life, it's so relaxed and friendly and really hands on. I'm so looking forward to it! I just hope I don't muck up my exams!
cool, yeh if i mess up my exams i will kill myself lol - such a great oppertunity. where are you from? and when was your interview?
SlipperyWhenWet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm from Essex so miles away!!!! but it's been my favourite uni right from the start. My interview was early February ish! Was such a nice one too, so chatty and informal.
I also have an offer from RVC but I'm not so keen on it. I was rejected from Bristol after my interview and I have an interview at Edin in a couple of weeks.
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
wow essex lol. im glasgow through and through. once i got my offer from glasgow i wasnt caring about edinburgh. what do u need in terms of exam results? it seems that its easier for scottish people to get in becoz all the english people seem to need 3 grades i only need two Bs lol
SlipperyWhenWet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I need AAB in my A Levels.

Essex lol well yeah, I'm Essex through and through!! though not quite your typical 'Essex girl'

Are you planning on staying in Halls or are you going to live at home?
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
im staying at home. i wanted to stay in halls but the chances of me getting a place was small becoz i live so close. the good thing is, i'll be able to spend my loan on more drink
SlipperyWhenWet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL! Sounds a good idea to me!! I heard drinks are cheaper in Glasgow than here!!
voodooshaman
Rep:
?
all i know is its 75p for a vodka and coke in the union lol
SlipperyWhenWet
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wahey!!!!! I'm so going to Glasgow now!!!

Have you got msn? Would be cool to keep in contact!
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend had an interview for Liverpool, but she's not heard anything. Someone she knows has a rejection on the ucas tracker but she has a blank space. Good sign?
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Peapod)
My friend had an interview for Liverpool, but she's not heard anything. Someone she knows has a rejection on the ucas tracker but she has a blank space. Good sign?
When was her interview? I heard that most people here the first week in march. or some reason though this year they have sarted that a little earlier. I heard two weeks after my interview and I know someone else did too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.22%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.79%
Look for a job (16)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.46%
Take a year out (81)
17.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.94%

Watched Threads