Anyone know Grade boundaries for GCSE OCR AND EDEXCEL EXAMS ? 2003 !?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Goku_ssj4
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
As title says ! Anyone ???
Particularly Science(EDEXCEL) and Mathematics(OCR).

i.e.

50% C
60% B or whatever it is !?!?
HelenBrownsell
Report 16 years ago
You could try having a look at the examination board websites, although I just had a look and found it quite confusing. There is a previous post on the site which says that the grade boundaries for OCR maths, physics and chemistry as well as AQA computing are:
A=80%
B-70%
C=60%
D=50%
E=40%
It is likely that the grade boundaries are the same for all exams or at least similar. Good luck!
Goku_ssj4
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
thank you
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The truth is that there are no grade boundaries until all papers have been marked. The ones above posted by Helen are preliminary boundaries and should be used as a rough guide only.

Boundaries are calculated at the end of the marking process in accordance with a normal distribution curve to ensure that (to the left of the curve), few people get E's, (to the right of the curve) that few people get A's, and the middle of the curve (where most people will fall with a grade C).
HelenBrownsell
Report 16 years ago
Thanks for that help Unregistered. I try to help but sometimes I can only go on what others say. Thank you for helping clarify that point. Good luck in your exams if you have any.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise