The Student Room Group

I did all my exams in blue ink

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shezshez
I expect people who are doing some of the most important exams of their lives to follow the instructions. Jerk.

She didn't NOT follow the instructions. She just didn't see it. A silly mistake I admit, but no need to ridicule her for it.
Reply 61
Oh I probably have, you're right. (Yeah I detected your sarcasm) but when I acknowledge I make a mistake that is entirely my fault I don't bitchfit on TSR.

I'd like to think I can follow the simplest of instructions.

Everyone makes a mistake. Most people like to share their mistakes so others don't make them mistake.
Reply 62
They'll probably mark it regardless. Just make sure it does not happen in future!
If it doesn't scan well they'll just request the script and hand mark it.
To be fair, you should read the instructions, if you're not capable of reading and comprehending the simplest of instructions, it's probably better that your exam won't be marked.

ouch :mwuaha:
Reply 65
If you write in blue ink, they will immediately incinerate your paper. The heat will be used to warm the buttocks of the head examiner.
This has worried me now! What about pencil diagrams will they scan in?
Reply 67
Original post by hannah1994

My economics teacher told me not to draw diagrams in pencil and draw in black pen. It scans better.
Reply 68
To be fair, you should read the instructions, if you're not capable of reading and comprehending the simplest of instructions, it's probably better that your exam won't be marked.

Jesus christ :frown:
Wtf is scanning? Is it a computer that corrects your paper?
Original post by Felchingman
Wtf is scanning? Is it a computer that corrects your paper?

No, they scan it in to give them a digital copy of what you wrote then send that to the people marking them
Original post by hannah1994

The paper I did today allowed pencil for diagrams so I'm guessing it does
Original post by SpringNicht
No, they scan it in to give them a digital copy of what you wrote then send that to the people marking them

Mmmh okay, I was a confused for a bit.
Reply 73
Original post by EmmaJane_
I never realised you were only supposed to write in black.
What's gonna happen? I'm doing A-levels by the way.

What exam was it?
For my ISAs I got told to redo the TPF forms but for the exams I was just told to leave it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 74
Original post by TheStudent.
Even though it always says on the front page to "Write in black ink".

If you're used to writing in blue ink for like 7 hours a day and you don't read the front cover you're hardly going to notice that you're writing in the wrong colour. Surely it makes sense because she was focusing on the exam itself not some comment on the front which doesn't actually help her grade or exam....

Reply 75
My exam actually said "write in blue or black ink" but the invigilator said black ink only. I don't think it'll be a big deal but how did the invigilator not notice your candidate number in blue ink on the cover?
Original post by Kieran293
If you're used to writing in blue ink for like 7 hours a day and you don't read the front cover you're hardly going to notice that you're writing in the wrong colour. Surely it makes sense because she was focusing on the exam itself not some comment on the front which doesn't actually help her grade or exam....

I find the most important tips are usually written on the first page. Also before every exam, the invigilator HAS to read out all the instructions, so unless she just decided to day dream while the invigilator was talking, then its completely her fault.

She's an A level student. It really really doesn't make sense.

Plus i think being used to writing in a certain colour bears no relevance to being oblivious to a well known fact.

Sorry.
Reply 77
I find the most important tips are usually written on the first page. Also before every exam, the invigilator HAS to read out all the instructions, so unless she just decided to day dream while the invigilator was talking, then its completely her fault.

Plus i think being used to writing in a certain colour bears no relevance to being oblivious to a well known fact.

Sorry.

I forgot about the invigilator, fair enough. Yeah well I've stacked up on black ink now :')

Original post by Kieran293
I forgot about the invigilator, fair enough. Yeah well I've stacked up on black ink now :')

Good good :biggrin: just remember to pay more attention next time :biggrin:
Reply 79

Sorry.

The instructions were never read out for any of my exams, they never are at my school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending