The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2: Geographical Investigations

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Just a quick question: for rebranding if it asks for a named study can you say East London and then in the main answer mention both the regeneration of the london docklands and stratford? or would I have to mention either the docklands or stratford and only talk about one regeneration scheme?
Reply 61
Original post by JWz
Just a quick question: for rebranding if it asks for a named study can you say East London and then in the main answer mention both the regeneration of the london docklands and stratford? or would I have to mention either the docklands or stratford and only talk about one regeneration scheme?

I would think only one as they occurred at different times the regeneration of the docks occurred much earlier than the regeneration in Stratford.
Original post by JWz

could you not just talk about the Olympics?
Original post by Kardy
This exam used to be 1 hour and then they added 15 minutes recently because of complaints. 15 minuttess!!!! This is ridiculous, and doesn't even test you properly imo.

ikr. Edexcel have got to be stupid enough to have thought that 60minutes was ever a realistic time for a 6 essay exam. To add a meagre 15 minutes is just stingy :frown:

It takes me long enough just to write one 10 mark question, never mind 4 plus 2 15markers. :s-smilie:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Geography is my only Humanities subject... so I kinda count it as an essay but I see your point :tongue:

So are you guys going to write intros and conclusions? I tend to spend a lot of time thinking of a good intro, so maybe if I cut it out I'll manage my time better. But my teacher says it's best to briefly define the word(s) in bold to show the examiner you know what you're talking about :s So confused about what to do!

I like to write a good intro but my teacher hates it as it doesn't get any more marks just write writing but expanding the question. However, my teacher says to ALWAYS define the key words so it shows the examiner that you know your stuff so if you start to waffle there's more chance of getting marks because some how its linked.

Sorry if someone has already answered your question, i'm working my way through the pages :P Good luck!!
Has anyone got an example 10/15 mark answer??
Hi, does anyone have the January 2012 paper and mark scheme please? My teachers haven't given it to me and I really would like it to revise from please. :colondollar:
Thank you so much. :smile:
If the rebranding question was on the success of sports rebranding:
How many marks would you expect it to be?
And what kind of points would you write?
Which case studies do you have & how many key facts would you include? (would you include London 2012 olympics?)
yeah, I haven't done much on sports & rebranding...
Reply 70
Original post by minifridge
If the rebranding question was on the success of sports rebranding:
How many marks would you expect it to be?
And what kind of points would you write?
Which case studies do you have & how many key facts would you include? (would you include London 2012 olympics?)
yeah, I haven't done much on sports & rebranding...

For rebranding with sport it would be a 10 mark question, as you wouldn't have done fieldwork and research into this so it will only be 10 marks.

I would write about the economic, social and environmental benefits that it brings to the area.. such as jobs, infrastructure etc. you could bring in negatives too..

If asked to judge the success, you would however have to use a different example as London 2012 hasn't occured yet :P

I would use for the success either the Sydney Olympics games 2000 or the Manchester Commonwealth Games.

Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow morning :smile:

I can send you my notes on both London and Sydney Olympics if you want. However, I doubt the exam tomorrow for rebranding will be on the sustainability as this came up in Jan 12
Reply 71
I don't think culture has come up before so it could be that.

As for the success of sport I think you could use the environmental success of the London Olympics (it certainly is a lot better now).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by Kirby711
I don't think culture has come up before so it could be that.

They couldn't specifically ask culture could they.. its not in the Spec :smile: but you can bring in culture as a method of rebranding :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ofudge
They couldn't specifically ask culture could they.. its not in the Spec :smile: but you can bring in culture as a method of rebranding :smile:

I thought it was on the syllabus... Oh well...
Original post by ofudge
For rebranding with sport it would be a 10 mark question, as you wouldn't have done fieldwork and research into this so it will only be 10 marks.

I would write about the economic, social and environmental benefits that it brings to the area.. such as jobs, infrastructure etc. you could bring in negatives too..

If asked to judge the success, you would however have to use a different example as London 2012 hasn't occured yet :P

I would use for the success either the Sydney Olympics games 2000 or the Manchester Commonwealth Games.

I can send you my notes on both London and Sydney Olympics if you want. However, I doubt the exam tomorrow for rebranding will be on the sustainability as this came up in Jan 12

Thanks. I somehow forgot the basics: social, economics & environmental. But you never know with edexcel so could you please pm me the notes?

Reply 75
Original post by caitwinxo
Hey! it says we're supposed to spend 30 minutes on each section, how is everybody dividing their time? Obviously the majority of this time will be spent on the 15 mark question but how are we supposed to answer two ten mark questions in this time!?

We've been taught a mark a min, so 10 marks = 10 mins
Original post by ofudge

Hiii, could you pm me your notes on the Sydney Olympic and London ones too! I didnt get to do any fieldwork on this and have nothing on sydney or success of rebranding.. do you think i could use bournemouth, boscombe surf reef for success in rebranding?
Hi

Could somebody state a case study for each of these;

CASE STUDIES UNIT 2

Crowded Coasts
Competition for coasts -
Coping with the pressure -
Increasing Risks -
Coastal Management -

Rebranding
Rebranding strategies
Managing rural rebranding -
Managing urban rebranding -
Sports Rebranding -
LEDC Rebranding -

I have some case studies already for these just wondering what every one else is using.
Original post by typeusername
Hi

Could somebody state a case study for each of these;

CASE STUDIES UNIT 2

Crowded Coasts
Competition for coasts -
Coping with the pressure -
Increasing Risks -
Coastal Management -

Rebranding
Rebranding strategies
Managing rural rebranding -
Managing urban rebranding -
Sports Rebranding -
LEDC Rebranding -

I have some case studies already for these just wondering what every one else is using.

Whats the LEDC rebranding, we haven't done that?
anyone got any ideas of what questions may come up for crowded coasts? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending