Which University's (Top End) offer PPE Degree

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Godmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have dne a smal search on google but it seems that london universitys like LSE dnt offer such a course . Ive been reading about the vast possibilities of this degree and i ws wonderin if ne1 could direct me to some decent universitys for application nxt yr...
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Godmaster)
I have dne a smal search on google but it seems that london universitys like LSE dnt offer such a course . Ive been reading about the vast possibilities of this degree and i ws wonderin if ne1 could direct me to some decent universitys for application nxt yr...
Durham
Oxford
Cambridge
York (PEP)
Hull
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by happysunshine)
Durham
Oxford
Cambridge
York (PEP)
Hull
As far as I know Cambridge don't offer it - they do separate degrees in Social and Political Sciences, and Economics. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
Durham
Oxford
Cambridge
York (PEP)
Hull
is dat it? :s wel i can onli apply for ox or cam other dan that 2 left? lol nt very open i must say

Wot sort of A level and GCSE grades are we lookin at for entry

1. Minimum Grades
2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
As far as I know Cambridge don't offer it - they do separate degrees in Social and Political Sciences, and Economics. Correct me if i'm wrong.
You are right, for "PPE", Oxford has it and Cam doesn't.
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
I didn't know that, I thought they both did. Ignore my little list.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)

What grades do i need for this course? AAA?
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is dat it? :s wel i can onli apply for ox or cam other dan that 2 left? lol nt very open i must say

1. Minimum Grades
2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time
For a typical uni that is good and offers PPE:

Realistically: A's, and B's at GCSE

A's and B's at A-Level.

For Oxford, Realistically:

I would say A*'s/A's/odd B at GCSE, and All A's at A-Level, maybe one B at AS, perhaps. (If it isn't important to course)
llama boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
In something of an appropriate order:

Oxford
Warwick
York
Durham
Exeter
Manchester
Essex
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

1. Minimum Grades
2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time
They are the only ones I know of, there could be more but with different titles.

For all of them I can guess you'd need at least AAB although maybe not with Hull. It's very competitive.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For all of them I can guess you'd need at least AAB although maybe not with Hull. It's very competitive.
You need AAB for Ox, War, and York. Perhaps you'd get Durham with ABB. Exeter, Manchester, Essex with BBB.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
You need AAB for Ox, War, and York. Perhaps you'd get Durham with ABB. Exeter, Manchester, Essex with BBB.
AAA for Oxford, surely.
Godmaster
Rep:
?
(Original post by bono)
For a typical uni that is good and offers PPE:

Realistically: A's, and B's at GCSE

A's and B's at A-Level.

For Oxford, Realistically:

I would say A*'s/A's/odd B at GCSE, and All A's at A-Level, maybe one B at AS, perhaps. (If it isn't important to course)
Thnx

Wel im doin English Lit Maths Politics and History for AS at the moment and i got Turkish A Level alreadi is dat any help?

4 GCSE i did ok i ges, i got A*s and an A but surely thers more than jst the grades

PS: I didnt see durham offer it i tried der sight mabbe im blind lol thnkx for all ur help every1
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
AAA for Oxford, surely.
Meh. The vast majority of those who get in will be able to do AAA in their sleep. That said, AAB is the standard offer, and I would think it likely that they wouldn't see AAB as a problem if someone did really well at interview.
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by llama boy)
Meh. The vast majority of those who get in will be able to do AAA in their sleep. That said, AAB is the standard offer, and I would think it likely that they wouldn't see AAB as a problem if someone did really well at interview.
Yep.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
York is surely better than Warwick for PPE? I hear people rave about York's reputation for PPE. Often cited as beating Oxford in some areas.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You can do PPE at Keele.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
York is surely better than Warwick for PPE? I hear people rave about York's reputation for PPE. Often cited as beating Oxford in some areas.
York's PEP course is more established than Warwick's (hardly suprising considering Warwick's PPE course doesn't actually start till next) year, yes. However, Warwick has a very good reputation in all of the three individual branches and overall so I wouldn't be surprised if their new PPE course proves to be very successful.
llama boy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
York's PEP course is more established than Warwick's (hardly suprising considering Warwick's PPE course doesn't actually start till next) year, yes. However, Warwick has a very good reputation in all of the three individual branches and overall so I wouldn't be surprised if their new PPE course proves to be very successful.
Wot he said.

If I knew the definitive answer to the PPE at York or Warwick question, I wouldn't be still spending so much time on this forum...
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Surely they're about the same, I would favour Warwick though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (102)
48.57%
Take exams next summer (31)
14.76%
Change uni choice through clearing (52)
24.76%
Apply to uni next year instead (19)
9.05%
I'm not applying to university (6)
2.86%

Watched Threads