Turn on thread page Beta

Which University's (Top End) offer PPE Degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have dne a smal search on google but it seems that london universitys like LSE dnt offer such a course . Ive been reading about the vast possibilities of this degree and i ws wonderin if ne1 could direct me to some decent universitys for application nxt yr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Godmaster)
    I have dne a smal search on google but it seems that london universitys like LSE dnt offer such a course . Ive been reading about the vast possibilities of this degree and i ws wonderin if ne1 could direct me to some decent universitys for application nxt yr...
    Durham
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    York (PEP)
    Hull

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Durham
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    York (PEP)
    Hull
    As far as I know Cambridge don't offer it - they do separate degrees in Social and Political Sciences, and Economics. Correct me if i'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Durham
    Oxford
    Cambridge
    York (PEP)
    Hull
    is dat it? :s wel i can onli apply for ox or cam other dan that 2 left? lol nt very open i must say

Wot sort of A level and GCSE grades are we lookin at for entry

1. Minimum Grades
    2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    As far as I know Cambridge don't offer it - they do separate degrees in Social and Political Sciences, and Economics. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    You are right, for "PPE", Oxford has it and Cam doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I didn't know that, I thought they both did. Ignore my little list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

What grades do i need for this course? AAA?

ReputationRep:
    is dat it? :s wel i can onli apply for ox or cam other dan that 2 left? lol nt very open i must say

1. Minimum Grades
    2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time
    For a typical uni that is good and offers PPE:

Realistically: A's, and B's at GCSE

A's and B's at A-Level.

For Oxford, Realistically:

I would say A*'s/A's/odd B at GCSE, and All A's at A-Level, maybe one B at AS, perhaps. (If it isn't important to course)

ReputationRep:
    In something of an appropriate order:

Oxford
    Warwick
    York
    Durham
    Exeter
    Manchester
    Essex

ReputationRep:

1. Minimum Grades
    2. Realistic Grades

thnx for ur time
    They are the only ones I know of, there could be more but with different titles.

For all of them I can guess you'd need at least AAB although maybe not with Hull. It's very competitive.

ReputationRep:
    For all of them I can guess you'd need at least AAB although maybe not with Hull. It's very competitive.
    You need AAB for Ox, War, and York. Perhaps you'd get Durham with ABB. Exeter, Manchester, Essex with BBB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    You need AAB for Ox, War, and York. Perhaps you'd get Durham with ABB. Exeter, Manchester, Essex with BBB.
    AAA for Oxford, surely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    For a typical uni that is good and offers PPE:

Realistically: A's, and B's at GCSE

A's and B's at A-Level.

For Oxford, Realistically:

I would say A*'s/A's/odd B at GCSE, and All A's at A-Level, maybe one B at AS, perhaps. (If it isn't important to course)
    Thnx

Wel im doin English Lit Maths Politics and History for AS at the moment and i got Turkish A Level alreadi is dat any help?

4 GCSE i did ok i ges, i got A*s and an A but surely thers more than jst the grades

PS: I didnt see durham offer it i tried der sight mabbe im blind lol thnkx for all ur help every1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    AAA for Oxford, surely.
    Meh. The vast majority of those who get in will be able to do AAA in their sleep. That said, AAB is the standard offer, and I would think it likely that they wouldn't see AAB as a problem if someone did really well at interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Meh. The vast majority of those who get in will be able to do AAA in their sleep. That said, AAB is the standard offer, and I would think it likely that they wouldn't see AAB as a problem if someone did really well at interview.
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    York is surely better than Warwick for PPE? I hear people rave about York's reputation for PPE. Often cited as beating Oxford in some areas.

ReputationRep:
    You can do PPE at Keele.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    York is surely better than Warwick for PPE? I hear people rave about York's reputation for PPE. Often cited as beating Oxford in some areas.
    York's PEP course is more established than Warwick's (hardly suprising considering Warwick's PPE course doesn't actually start till next) year, yes. However, Warwick has a very good reputation in all of the three individual branches and overall so I wouldn't be surprised if their new PPE course proves to be very successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    York's PEP course is more established than Warwick's (hardly suprising considering Warwick's PPE course doesn't actually start till next) year, yes. However, Warwick has a very good reputation in all of the three individual branches and overall so I wouldn't be surprised if their new PPE course proves to be very successful.
    Wot he said.

If I knew the definitive answer to the PPE at York or Warwick question, I wouldn't be still spending so much time on this forum...

ReputationRep:
    Surely they're about the same, I would favour Warwick though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.