Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The question asked was what top universities offer PPE...Oxford isn't a top university...Cambridge and Hull are.

ReputationRep:
    the thing with ppe is that not many universities offer the course and the ones that do are very hard to get into...

I have to admit I am an oxford reject for the course in the 2004 entry andso I am a little bit bitter about admissions...
    I have decided to do ppe in york, from whom I've got an offer, starting next year.

The thing that really worries me though is that apparently a lot of people are into PPe and the market will become increasingly competitive in future years and by the time I am done with studying there wont be any jobs for "ppeists" ...
    Any advice on that?

I really dont want to become a secretary at a law firm or something of that sort....

That is why I think that if you are going for this course you should try to get into Oxford or at least one of the top end universities...
    I know it sound bad to say this but I would give it a go ( as I probably will do AGAIN, for the 2005 entry) since realistically the only thing your have to lose is a ucas place but since most people wont get in to all 6 choices anyway just try. However be CAREFUL in the interviews not to mess it up, other than that good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofia t)
    the thing with ppe is that not many universities offer the course and the ones that do are very hard to get into...

I have to admit I am an oxford reject for the course in the 2004 entry andso I am a little bit bitter about admissions...
    I have decided to do ppe in york, from whom I've got an offer, starting next year.

The thing that really worries me though is that apparently a lot of people are into PPe and the market will become increasingly competitive in future years and by the time I am done with studying there wont be any jobs for "ppeists" ...
    Any advice on that?

I really dont want to become a secretary at a law firm or something of that sort....

That is why I think that if you are going for this course you should try to get into Oxford or at least one of the top end universities...
    I know it sound bad to say this but I would give it a go ( as I probably will do AGAIN, for the 2005 entry) since realistically the only thing your have to lose is a ucas place but since most people wont get in to all 6 choices anyway just try. However be CAREFUL in the interviews not to mess it up, other than that good luck
    Any reason why you fancied bringing this thread up ? (Looks at post count... 2, theres a surprise).

As a general comment, I'm surprised that no one anywhere on this thread, replied to the original poster by suggesting they might want to check UCAS.com, performing a course search, rather than looking for Uni places on Google ! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Any reason why you fancied bringing this thread up ? (Looks at post count... 2, theres a surprise).

As a general comment, I'm surprised that no one anywhere on this thread, replied to the original poster by suggesting they might want to check UCAS.com, performing a course search, rather than looking for Uni places on Google ! :rolleyes:
    Can't look for triple honours.

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.