Turn on thread page Beta

Which University's (Top End) offer PPE Degree watch

ReputationRep:
    The question asked was what top universities offer PPE...Oxford isn't a top university...Cambridge and Hull are.

ReputationRep:
    the thing with ppe is that not many universities offer the course and the ones that do are very hard to get into...

I have to admit I am an oxford reject for the course in the 2004 entry andso I am a little bit bitter about admissions...
    I have decided to do ppe in york, from whom I've got an offer, starting next year.

The thing that really worries me though is that apparently a lot of people are into PPe and the market will become increasingly competitive in future years and by the time I am done with studying there wont be any jobs for "ppeists" ...
    Any advice on that?

I really dont want to become a secretary at a law firm or something of that sort....

That is why I think that if you are going for this course you should try to get into Oxford or at least one of the top end universities...
    I know it sound bad to say this but I would give it a go ( as I probably will do AGAIN, for the 2005 entry) since realistically the only thing your have to lose is a ucas place but since most people wont get in to all 6 choices anyway just try. However be CAREFUL in the interviews not to mess it up, other than that good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofia t)
    the thing with ppe is that not many universities offer the course and the ones that do are very hard to get into...

I have to admit I am an oxford reject for the course in the 2004 entry andso I am a little bit bitter about admissions...
    I have decided to do ppe in york, from whom I've got an offer, starting next year.

The thing that really worries me though is that apparently a lot of people are into PPe and the market will become increasingly competitive in future years and by the time I am done with studying there wont be any jobs for "ppeists" ...
    Any advice on that?

I really dont want to become a secretary at a law firm or something of that sort....

That is why I think that if you are going for this course you should try to get into Oxford or at least one of the top end universities...
    I know it sound bad to say this but I would give it a go ( as I probably will do AGAIN, for the 2005 entry) since realistically the only thing your have to lose is a ucas place but since most people wont get in to all 6 choices anyway just try. However be CAREFUL in the interviews not to mess it up, other than that good luck
    Any reason why you fancied bringing this thread up ? (Looks at post count... 2, theres a surprise).

As a general comment, I'm surprised that no one anywhere on this thread, replied to the original poster by suggesting they might want to check UCAS.com, performing a course search, rather than looking for Uni places on Google ! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Any reason why you fancied bringing this thread up ? (Looks at post count... 2, theres a surprise).

As a general comment, I'm surprised that no one anywhere on this thread, replied to the original poster by suggesting they might want to check UCAS.com, performing a course search, rather than looking for Uni places on Google ! :rolleyes:
    Can't look for triple honours.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.