The Student Room Group

AQA Graphic Products GCSE - 29th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anny Smiles
I'm not sure... hopefully someone else will have a better idea. I'm not good at figuring out grade boundaries...

And as for your corner missing, I suppose they might give you the benefit of the fact they can see you ran out of space. I doubt it'd drastically affect your marks... Maybe you'd lose one, maximum? I'm not sure...?

If i was clever enough to start right in the middle I may have not run out of space ;S

When looking at past grade boundaries an A* is between 66-70% which is around 80-85/120
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
Really worried this will bring my coursework down.. and I worked so hard :frown: :frown:
Reply 82
flute board is made out of PET
carton board is the cardboard version of flute board, so my guess is its not biodegradable...
Reply 83
Original post by whoopli
Really worried this will bring my coursework down.. and I worked so hard :frown: :frown:

I hope it doesn't :frown:

You could think of it as your coursework bringing your exam up... The coursework is worth more than the exam.
Reply 84
Original post by cmfunk
what do you guys think an A* is percentage wise, looking at past grade boundaries and the difficulty of this exam

83/120 raw marks for an A* in 2010, 80/120 in 2011. This year's paper seemed harder than those, so possibly lower.
Reply 85
Original post by mkw
83/120 raw marks for an A* in 2010, 80/120 in 2011. This year's paper seemed harder than those, so possibly lower.

So that's like...40 marks lost and still an A*? I think I've done better than that - I HOPE I've done ok.

Did anyone revise that printing process of stamps? The one that begins with 'G' that I've already forgot...
Reply 86
Original post by Allie J
So that's like...40 marks lost and still an A*? I think I've done better than that - I HOPE I've done ok.

Did anyone revise that printing process of stamps? The one that begins with 'G' that I've already forgot...

Was it out of 120 marks!? I tend to find, with exams, you sometimes lose extra marks on silly mistakes, but I really hope you do well!

Gravure? [Not sure on spelling...]
We knew as much as it was high quality, for stamps and money, and was expensive to run...
It was gravure lol.

I found the exam capitalised on every single thing that we didn't get taught ;D
Reply 88
The first bit was ok and was probably what most of us expected but the rest was so much harder than previous years. A few ambiguous questions in there. Questions on processes not covered on course and are not even shown on Revision guides, BBC bitesize or Technology student website and thats specifically looking after exam for the right answers. Oh well Good luck to you all and I hope you get the grades you want despite this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by nicey
The first bit was ok and was probably what most of us expected but the rest was so much harder than previous years. A few ambiguous questions in there. Questions on processes not covered on course and are not even shown on Revision guides, BBC bitesize or Technology student website and thats specifically looking after exam for the right answers. Oh well Good luck to you all and I hope you get the grades you want despite this.

I agree- harder than past papers, with ambiguity... And I think that this will lead to lower grade boundaries...

So we should all still have a chance of getting a good grade :smile:
Reply 90
How did you all find the P&O colours question easy?! I thought that was a bit hippy, and we've never done colour theory as such. I wrote about it having union jack colours and bright, exotic looking yellow. Hm, somewhat far-fetched?

My coursework was shoddy, didn't look at the textbook until two months ago so it has nothing to do with graphics in. And didn't know any theory, for the same reason ha. This is a fail of a gcse, eugh man
Reply 91
Does anyone remember if the concert sign question asked for sketches only, or idd it say we can also use words?
Original post by Suzey
How did you all find the P&O colours question easy?! I thought that was a bit hippy, and we've never done colour theory as such. I wrote about it having union jack colours and bright, exotic looking yellow. Hm, somewhat far-fetched?

My coursework was shoddy, didn't look at the textbook until two months ago so it has nothing to do with graphics in. And didn't know any theory, for the same reason ha. This is a fail of a gcse, eugh man

That one was hard, I put the colours were 'rich' and could symbolise the exclusivity of the company :confused:
The question about the sign though. What the hell?
Reply 93
To be honest i didn't find the exam to difficult. On the drawing section my ideas where not very original. The only section I found difficult was the stages one.
Reply 94
Original post by Anny Smiles
Was it out of 120 marks!? I tend to find, with exams, you sometimes lose extra marks on silly mistakes, but I really hope you do well!

Gravure? [Not sure on spelling...]
We knew as much as it was high quality, for stamps and money, and was expensive to run...

Yeah it was 120 :frown:. I do often do silly things like read the question wrong and that can lose marks (although, I tend to do that more in maths lol)

YES - Gravure. Did anybody learn about that in class?
Original post by ellanokesy
oh yeh styrofoam! i put as the health and safety for that if you cut with hot wire cutter the fumes are toxic so needs a well ventilated area, and mask.
was the fluted board plastic or paper? wasn't sure if it was clear :frown: was it biodegradable?

Don't take my word for it, but I said that the styrofoam should be cut in a room with extraction, and the worker should use a mask... So pretty much the same thing?
Reply 96
i was pretty happy with the design question tbh, our teacher guessed just that but made the ones we did in class much harder, but i didnt think i was doing enough cause it felt to easy:') the vinyl question was awful though! our teacher was really unhappy as its not in any of the text books or anything so she think the GRADE BOUNDERIES will be lowered! yayyyyyyy, oh and i found the 'overpacking' question confusing because i wrote that the packaged we were shown wasnt over packaged cause i just thought 'well all the yogurts at the supermarket have a card sleeve' then turned out it was over packed:') i just really want an A as im doing a level in year 11 early and really need it:frown:
Reply 97
hey, I got my final course result today, A* in graphic products! I did the AQA course and we used the technologystudent.com website a lot for revision for the exam, it seemed pretty helpful explaining all of the plastic stuff and that, yup
Reply 98
I got an A* too!

I WAS SO HAPPY! I got full marks on my coursework- I worked insanely hard on it, and it's been moderated up by the moderators :smile: So chuffed :smile:
Anyone got link to the exam or the mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending