The Student Room Group

Ccea additional maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BMG123
The man who sets the papers, said that he thought it was a very standard paper!

What?! Where?
Reply 41
did anyone do T4 maths today?
Original post by BMG123
The man who sets the papers, said that he thought it was a very standard paper!

Pics, video or link to a news article or this didn't happen! Troll by the looks of it
Reply 43
What man? haha

I did T4 today, it was good I thought. Didn't get the final question (it was horrendous - never been taught) nor one of the 'easy' ones - forgot LCM!

Other than that, it was pretty straightforward, thankfully no circle proofs really. Oh, forgot the garage/cars/homes one, couldnt get my head around it , hopefully got some marks however
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by ConorF
Pics, video or link to a news article or this didn't happen! Troll by the looks of it

A week ago she posted: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1675728&page=63&p=37769123#post37769123 , which says she is doing AS levels.

Why would she be doing GCSE Additional maths then?
Reply 45
Original post by jcm222
What man? haha

I did T4 today, it was good I thought. Didn't get the final question (it was horrendous - never been taught) nor one of the 'easy' ones - forgot LCM!

Other than that, it was pretty straightforward, thankfully no circle proofs really. Oh, forgot the garage/cars/homes one, couldnt get my head around it , hopefully got some marks however

Yeah I wasnt sure about LCM either nor the final question. What was the answer for LCM?
the lowest common multiple question was 132 and 60 so the answer was 660 as 660/10=60 and 660/5=132
Reply 47
Original post by Vincent Harkin
the lowest common multiple question was 132 and 60 so the answer was 660 as 660/10=60 and 660/5=132

What did you get for the rabbit question?
i cant remember. did anybody find the histogram question hard
Original post by jkpmc
What did you get for the rabbit question?

I got 400 and something (it was over 450, I think) and I got a decimal answer so had to round it.

Original post by jcm222
What man? haha

I had no idea how to do the last question as well.
I even tried using logarithms, but to no avail.
It turns out that it was quite easy:

(2/3^a)^b = 3 x 2^ a+c

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the solutions: a= -1 b=1 c=0 work?
Don't know why I didn't think of using 0 as an index. It would have helped a lot

Also, how on Earth were you supposed to estimate the Median? I ended up using the complex (ish) AdMaths method and got 1092. I doubt they'd give me marks for that, would they?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
487 rabbits. LCM 330 i got
yes i got 487 rabbits but im pretty sure it is definitely 660 LCM. Did everyone get 8.75 for the height of tree
Yes, I got 487 Rabbits.
I got 660 as the LCM also.
I don't remember working out the height of the tree... oh dear. Did you not have to work out the angle of elevation, or was that another question?

What did everyone get for the cars and garages question? I got 9. Not entirely sure how, so my quality of written communication definitely wasn't good.
sorry it was the angle of elevation not the height and i got 8.75 degrees. for the cars one i think i got 4 because 15 was 3/4 which is 20 and 20 was 5/6 which is 24 and 24-20=4?
Original post by Vincent Harkin
sorry it was the angle of elevation not the height and i got 8.75 degrees. for the cars one i think i got 4 because 15 was 3/4 which is 20 and 20 was 5/6 which is 24 and 24-20=4?

You're probably right. I had no idea what I was doing for the first question. I had a Venn Diagram and everything, but it still confused me.
For the angle of elevation, I definitely got the 8.75 degrees part, but I can't remember if I put 8.75 or 18.75
Reply 55
what mark do you think we will need out of 100 to get an A*
Original post by jkpmc
what mark do you think we will need out of 100 to get an A*

90% probably. 90/100 that is.

Does anyone know what the Frequency Density per square thing was? I'm pretty sure I did that wrongly.
(edited 11 years ago)
was that Q2) it said what is the minimum value for the box if its dimensions is 1.4, 0.8, 1.2 to the nearest 0.1. i did 1.35x0.75x1.15=1.164375(1.16)
Reply 58
Original post by TheSilentFez
90% probably. 90/100 that is.

Does anyone know what the Frequency Density per square thing was? I'm pretty sure I did that wrongly.

I got each square was equal to 10 parcels. What was the median?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jkpmc
I got each square was equal to 10 parcels

Good, so did I...but apparently when the question asked you to fill in the "grid", it meant "label the x-axis" according to what others have told me. Hopefully they are wrong...

Quick Reply

Latest