The Student Room Group

Ccea additional maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheSilentFez
Good, so did I...but apparently when the question asked you to fill in the "grid", it meant "label the x-axis" according to what others have told me. Hopefully they are wrong...

i didnt. did anyone else?
What method did you suggest for the lightbulbs?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jkpmc
i didnt. did anyone else?
What method did you suggest for the lightbulbs?

I know a few people who did.
For the lightbulb test I said: "Test every nth lightbulb by seeing how long it can last. n can be, for example, every 1000th bulb. The intervals should be regular."

Something along those lines.
Reply 62
Good, so did I...but apparently when the question asked you to fill in the "grid", it meant "label the x-axis" according to what others have told me. Hopefully they are wrong...

That's what I did Ben... :wink:
Reply 63

do you mean label the table that had the frequency values or label frequency density on the y axis of the histogram?
Original post by jkpmc
do you mean label the table that had the frequency values or label frequency density on the y axis of the histogram?

Whoops! Yes, sorry it meant "label the y-axis"! Don't know why I said x-axis! :eek:
Reply 65
Maybe I haven't done so well! Though theres a lot of questions where I think Ive got 2/3 for example.

You have to remember the way CCEA scale marks. In our school we have to do T3 in 4th year (last year) and then T4 and T6 this year - odd I know but it's so you have a safety net.
However if you scored 89-100 / 100 you were automatically given 143/143 as in my case. I don't know if this is the case also in T4 -- Hopefully!!
Original post by jcm222
Maybe I haven't done so well! Though theres a lot of questions where I think Ive got 2/3 for example.

You have to remember the way CCEA scale marks. In our school we have to do T3 in 4th year (last year) and then T4 and T6 this year - odd I know but it's so you have a safety net.
However if you scored 89-100 / 100 you were automatically given 143/143 as in my case. I don't know if this is the case also in T4 -- Hopefully!!

Why did you do T3 last year and T4 and T6 this year? We only do T4 and T6. I'm not going to end up with only half a GCSE or something, am I?
Reply 67
Whoops! Yes, sorry it meant "label the y-axis"! Don't know why I said x-axis! :eek:

Is frequency per unit interval the same as frequency density? Some people say they put frequency per unit interval!
Original post by jkpmc
Is frequency per unit interval the same as frequency density? Some people say they put frequency per unit interval!

Yes, I only found this out yesterday. The CCEA Specification claimed that some people have been taught Frequency Density (like us), but Frequency Density is incorrect and Frequency per ____ should be used instead... then they go and use the term Frequency Density in an exam...
for the question x is indirectly proportional to y did everyone get 5 as their final answer
Reply 70
Yes, I only found this out yesterday. The CCEA Specification claimed that some people have been taught Frequency Density (like us), but Frequency Density is incorrect and Frequency per ____ should be used instead... then they go and use the term Frequency Density in an exam...

So freq per unit interval is correct as well then?
Think i got 5! What about median value on histogram question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by jkpmc
So freq per unit interval is correct as well then?
Think i got 5! What about median value on histogram question?

I got 10 for the Frequency per Unit.
I don't know how you were supposed to estimate the Median so I did it the AdMaths way by Adding one to the total frequency, dividing it by two, taking away the frequency of the groups up to but not including the median group from it, multiplying it by the median group class width, dividing it by the frequency of the median group and adding it to the lower limit of the median group.

I got 1092 in the end, but I don't know whether I will get any marks.
Reply 72
Is anyone else doing T6 on monday?
I think personally I'm gonna find it harder than additional maths, as I'm going to try overcomplicating things, and I don't remember any formulas
Reply 73
Are T4 marks scaled up? Would 85/100 be scaled up to an A*?
Reply 74
Id say so, as I mentioned earlier 89/100 in T3 is scaled to 143/143 so I assume it is similar for T4
Reply 75
Original post by jcm222
Id say so, as I mentioned earlier 89/100 in T3 is scaled to 143/143 so I assume it is similar for T4

Thanks! I hope it is!
What topics should we be expecting on T6 papers?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest