The Student Room Group

Ocr gcse latin a401/02 25 may 2012 unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZakariaMar
What do you think the grade boundary for an A* will be?

It is usually set at around 90% as a general guideline.
Reply 41
Original post by Umackjiggles
It is usually set at around 90% as a general guideline.

No it isn't. For the last couple of years the average is about 50/60.
No it isn't. For the last couple of years the average is about 50/60.

Yes they are... www.ocr.org.uk/.../ocr_64215_admin_spec_ums_grd_bound.pdf
360/400 (90%) for January 2012 which was of identical difficulty.
what raw mark is it for 100% ums?
Reply 45
51/60 raw marks for this paper

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

That title of that says ums grade boundaries not raw mark
What do you think the grade boundary for an A* will be?

Grade boundary for an A* is 90% UMS.
Reply 48

Once again you're wrong because this is UMS. Obviously the UMS percentages will be the same that's the whole point in it.
Reply 49
Why would I be asking about the UMS boundary; I'm obviously asking about the raw mark boundary...
Why would I be asking about the UMS boundary; I'm obviously asking about the raw mark boundary...

Well if it is so obvious and you so clearly know what you are looking for why didn't you just look for it yourself?
Reply 51
Well if it is so obvious and you so clearly know what you are looking for why didn't you just look for it yourself?

Because I'm asking for people's opinions as the raw mark boundary is not set like the UMS is.
Because I'm asking for people's opinions as the raw mark boundary is not set like the UMS is.

Well if you had specified I would have told you it will likely be ~87-90% (52-54) it wasn't a hard paper.
This exam was a lot better than i thought it would be :smile: I'm really happy with it but I hope tuesday's paper isn't too hard...how did everyone else find it?
Was it:

the horses ought to have been given to Hercules

or

Hercules ought to have been given the horses??

I thought Hercules was dative but I could be wrong.
Reply 55
I really need to make up for the marks dropped in paper 2 to get an A*, I think I've dropped 10 in this one in the worst case scenario. So annoying as I've been doing so well in the mock papers.
Reply 56
Original post by rugbymad123
Was it:

the horses ought to have been given to Hercules

or

Hercules ought to have been given the horses??

I thought Hercules was dative but I could be wrong.

Passive.
Passive.

they're both passive depending on the subject, but because it was an indirect statement the subject was accusative I thought. I thought that the horses were accusative and Hercules was dative.
Reply 58
Original post by rugbymad123
they're both passive depending on the subject, but because it was an indirect statement the subject was accusative I thought. I thought that the horses were accusative and Hercules was dative.

Oh sorry I didn't read them properly. I don't think it's hercules in the dative, I think that's what my teacher told me when I went through it with her after school.

And anyway it's only 1 mark.
Reply 59
So is getting secum wrong a major or minor error ... and I wrote 'braver than a lion' but crossed it out ... this sounds stupid but if I wrote 'braver with a lion' would that be a major or minor error aswell?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending