Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When will people start growing up and listen to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd. When will people begin to sit up and take note of some of the 80s bands like the Smiths, the Cure and the Stone Roses hell even Guns and Roses - and finally when will kids finally start appreciating the 90s (especially the early 90s) when Grunge ruled without question - Grunge was an improvement to the Glam Rock it displaced but today whatever this new sort of punk/nu metal/pop rock is - it certainly hasnt improved on Grunge or Heavy metal - Thank god for RCHP and Metallica - and of course Dave Grohl and QOTSA for continuing some of the good old-fashioned hard rock and roll - I have an extensive music taste which only now and again allows me to enjoy new stuff - the Libertines are fantastic and Muse and Radiohead are both excellent bands - however they are being dominated by total garbage from America and a flood of emo bands from our shores - AAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHh

ReputationRep:
    When will people grow up and start listening to classical music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    When will people start growing up and listen to the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Pink Floyd. When will people begin to sit up and take note of some of the 80s bands like the Smiths, the Cure and the Stone Roses hell even Guns and Roses - and finally when will kids finally start appreciating the 90s (especially the early 90s) when Grunge ruled without question - Grunge was an improvement to the Glam Rock it displaced but today whatever this new sort of punk/nu metal/pop rock is - it certainly hasnt improved on Grunge or Heavy metal - Thank god for RCHP and Metallica - and of course Dave Grohl and QOTSA for continuing some of the good old-fashioned hard rock and roll - I have an extensive music taste which only now and again allows me to enjoy new stuff - the Libertines are fantastic and Muse and Radiohead are both excellent bands - however they are being dominated by total garbage from America and a flood of emo bands from our shores - AAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHh
    I agree with you totally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    When will people grow up and start listening to classical music?
    As soon as the likes of Tchaikovsky attain sex appeal, and endorse Pepsi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    good - and cate classical music is too boring for me although i have tried listening to Mozart and Handel etc. Too soft - not enough edge and certainly not relevant to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    hmm - agreed

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhh yes.. *listening to Up The Bracket at the moment* ..

And there are LOTS and LOTS of people who enjoy Hendrix, Zeppelin, Cream, Sabbath, the Smiths.. etc etc.. myself included. But SOMEBODY'S got to buy the Pop Idol crap don't they.. otherwise you'd have nothing to complain about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    what stuff u into ?

ReputationRep:
    well classical music often features in adverts and a lot of modern songs are just rip offs of classical melodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Ohhhhhh yes.. *listening to Up The Bracket at the moment* ..

And there are LOTS and LOTS of people who enjoy Hendrix, Zeppelin, Cream, Sabbath, the Smiths.. etc etc.. myself included. But SOMEBODY'S got to buy the Pop Idol crap don't they.. otherwise you'd have nothing to complain about.
    Up the bracket totally kicks asssss!! - so cheeky and eastend - it is great - is Dont look back into the sun on their next album>?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Hmm. People have 'immature tastes' because they don't like the kind of music you like?
    "Chart" music is marketed with younger audiences in mind.. they're far more impressionable. is that the right word? well you know what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    well classical music often features in adverts and a lot of modern songs are just rip offs of classical melodies.
    Yeah. But it's sad that most people only know classical music because of adverts.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. People have 'immature tastes' because they don't like the kind of music you like?
    what's wrong with the music i like - rock wise u have to be mature and appreciate music to be into the stuff i am talking about - rather than the soft pop option like Lost Prophets and FFAF

ReputationRep:
    When will people grow up and watch Teletubbies...

People like what people like, let it be. Your music taste does not make you mature or immature.

ReputationRep:
    Up the bracket totally kicks asssss!! - so cheeky and eastend - it is great - is Dont look back into the sun on their next album>?
    I expect so.. oooh and i'm going to see them next week! woop woop!

ReputationRep:
    do you own Up the Bracket yet? Like i told you to lol!! I assume it will be on the next album whenever that will be released.

People cant really begin to appreciate music that isn't readily availiable to them, like your music video channel crap and mainstream radio not playing that sort of music to an extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    do you own Up the Bracket yet? Like i told you to lol!! I assume it will be on the next album whenever that will be released.

People cant really begin to appreciate music that isn't readily availiable to them, like your music video channel crap and mainstream radio not playing that sort of music to an extent.
    hell yes - i discovered the Virgin megastore in Romford - Woolworths just didnt cut it - up the bracket is excellent - it was also produced by that guy from the Clash which gives it a little extra weight - not that it needed it though - great music and great lyrics - XFM and any rock channels apart from Q - MTV2 is pretty cool - also got QOTSA - SONGS FOR THE DEAF - that kicks ass - i love it

ReputationRep:
    LOL musical snobbery at is finest, starting to sound like a wine buff.
    hmm ur right - oh well - when the rest of 'em grow up they can join me as a snob and together we'll systematically destroy pop

ReputationRep:
    LOL musical snobbery at is finest, starting to sound like a wine buff.
    hmm ur right - oh well - when the rest of 'em grow up they can join me as a snob and together we'll systematically destroy pop - by the way who here loves the Pixies?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.