The Student Room Group

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tssf_skye
The truth is the truth, what outcome did you expect saying you like
Justin Bieber in a chat like this a round of applause?

stop giving the fans of this kind of music a bad name. embarassing.
Reply 21
I need to find people who like good bands.
So many people i know like ****ty mainstream/
year 10's from the year below who think stretching their ear makes them hardcore.

So yeah some of my favourites:
A day to remember
Lower than atlantis
Rise against
Architects
The story so far
Your demise
Sum 41
Four years strong
New found glory
Deaf havana
Foo fighters
Twin atlantic
Parkway drive
While she sleeps
Set your goals
Gallows
Of mice and men
The wonder years
We are the ocean

Yeah, i'm a girl and it's hard to find other people who like good music :')

Excellent music taste madam! Although I must admit my favourite bands at the moment are I See Stars and Palisades. (Secrets and Hands Like Houses also on my playlist too though..)

Will be interesting to see how many people come out in support for this thread.. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Bellissima

I believe that posting a response purely for the purposes of provocation and then continuing in this endeavor having received only civil responses is in quite bad taste. Please desist.
Original post by divine.
I believe that posting a response purely for the purposes of provocation and then continuing in this endeavor having received only civil responses is in quite bad taste. Please desist.

i clicked on the thread to see the musicians listed and having read it i said i prefer justin bieber... don't see the problem. i don't really see how that SHOULD be provocational and if someone sees it as provocational it's more of a problem with the person who gets upset by it than me.
Reply 24

please stop starting an arguement
Reply 25
Original post by divine.
Excellent music taste madam! Although I must admit my favourite bands at the moment are I See Stars and Palisades. (Secrets and Hands Like Houses also on my playlist too though..)

Will be interesting to see how many people come out in support for this thread.. :biggrin:

I know what you mean :') and oh i've heard i see stars are good! never really listened to them though
Reply 26
Sum 41 are amazing, so many really great songs. However most my friends think they're only decent as they think their best song must be fat lip, as it's the one which is most mainstream....
Reply 27
Original post by Happydude
"Hardcore" music really confuses me. Some music I may not personally like, such as reggae or classical, but I can understand why people like it. I can acknowledge that there is something there to be appreciated... but this new stuff?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-x95Q0SJfY

Eh? What is he even saying? It's not even like they are playing crazy atonal dissonance jazz solos that are supposed to sound strange, it is just dump. I'm open minded but this is bad.

Well done, you have found some Deathcore/Grindcore. Not entirely sure of the difference myself but its just not enjoyable to listen too though it is bearable. From experience, any of the people I've met who abdicate this as some of the "best" music there is are normally kinda screwed up in the head... in a good way most of the time.

Also to the OP, I was half expecting Enter Shakari (have I spelt that right?) to be on your list. Don't see whats so good about them myself but I know quite a few people that worship them or near about.
Reply 28
Original post by qno2
Well done, you have found some Deathcore/Grindcore. Not entirely sure of the difference myself but its just not enjoyable to listen too though it is bearable. From experience, any of the people I've met who abdicate this as some of the "best" music there is are normally kinda screwed up in the head... in a good way most of the time.

Also to the OP, I was half expecting Enter Shakari (have I spelt that right?) to be on your list. Don't see whats so good about them myself but I know quite a few people that worship them or near about.

Enter shikari should be on my list! Gonna put them on now how could i forget :') They're from my hometown and everything :')
They are amazing though, rou is my bby
Reply 29
Why pop punk and not actual punk rock?
Reply 30
Original post by Taurus
Sum 41 are amazing, so many really great songs. However most my friends think they're only decent as they think their best song must be fat lip, as it's the one which is most mainstream....

fat lip is good, but my favourites remain to be in too deep and with me
Reply 31
I know what you mean :') and oh i've heard i see stars are good! never really listened to them though

Their album "Digital Renegade" is pretty awesome. :w00t:
I need to find people who like good bands.
So many people i know like ****ty mainstream/
year 10's from the year below who think stretching their ear makes them hardcore.

So yeah some of my favourites:
A day to remember
Lower than atlantis
Enter Shikari
Rise against
Architects
The story so far
Your demise
Sum 41
Four years strong
New found glory
Deaf havana
Foo fighters
Twin atlantic
Parkway drive
While she sleeps
Set your goals
Gallows
Of mice and men
The wonder years
We are the ocean

Yeah, i'm a girl and it's hard to find other people who like good music :')

You have good taste in music! Have you heard of August Burns Red? Their a little heavier than the bands you listed but I think you'll like them.

Enter Shikari are amazing live, have you ever been to one of their concerts?
Reply 33
Original post by noodlecup93
You have good taste in music! Have you heard of August Burns Red? Their a little heavier than the bands you listed but I think you'll like them.

Enter Shikari are amazing live, have you ever been to one of their concerts?

aw thanks :-) yeah! i have their sticker on my wardrobe because i'm cool:wink: but i've never really listened to them that much so i will!
And yeah i know! I saw them with 30stms and i've met them :-) i'm lucky enough that they're from my hometown and went to a school 10 minutes from me :')
Reply 34
fat lip is good, but my favourites remain to be in too deep and with me

With me is such a good song! Absolutely love it
I really like Blood in my eyes, always and motivation, but pretty much nearly all of their songs are good :smile:
You ever seen them live?
Reply 35
Original post by divine.
Their album "Digital Renegade" is pretty awesome. :w00t:

haha thanks i'll check it out :biggrin:
Reply 36
Original post by Taurus
With me is such a good song! Absolutely love it
I really like Blood in my eyes, always and motivation, but pretty much nearly all of their songs are good :smile:
You ever seen them live?

I don't think i can actually think of any of their songs that i don't like?!
I've never seen them live :frown: wbu?
Reply 37
I don't think i can actually think of any of their songs that i don't like?!
I've never seen them live :frown: wbu?

Actually yeh thats true, all their songs are good :smile:
No I haven't seen them live :frown:
They're on my list with a load of other bands to see before I die or they die/retire
Why would you complain about mainstream music when your own music taste is so tediously mainstream? Not one of those bands plays hardcore and a couple play metalcore but all represent the lowest common denominator. Coming in on an elitist thing while being any scene kid is dumb
Reply 39
i prefer justin bieber myself

There's just no point of saying that in this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest