The Student Room Group

pop punk/hardcore/metalcore chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by ShredMaster
Btw with this thread are we also allowed to link deathcore?

What do you think of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH-e4beYxx4

Hey, I started the thread and I say go for it, if it's good music it's good music

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 401
Can't believe there's no Weezer in this thread. Practically created the whole emo scene with blue and pinkerton, and influenced many hardcore/punk/pop bands.
Original post by ninja_pidgeon
I've only just started listening to them but what I've heard so far is pretty good! Also that is a beast of a song. Do you like Born of Osiris, weekend nachos or thy art is murder

Born Of Osiris
Rose Funeral
Chelsea Grin (their new EP OMG)
Thy Art Is Murder
Betraying The Matyrs
Veil Of Maya

I almost learnt the Dissimulation solo for Born Of Osiris, well Lee's bit anyway. So good. Do you get why people didn't like A Higher Place? I loved it. Not as much as The Discovery but nevertheless it was pretty ****ing awesome.

Never heard of weekend Nachos though xP Looking them up now.

EDIT: just listened to Weekend Nachos. Pretty good stuff.
(edited 11 years ago)
So addicted to Deaf Havana's Fools and Worthless Liars at the moment. CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD
Reply 404
Original post by RobJ93
So addicted to Deaf Havana's Fools and Worthless Liars at the moment. CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD

I love that album, much better than their first one. Have you seen them live? I've been lucky enough to Meet James and see them 3 times :-)

Original post by tssf_skye
I love that album, much better than their first one. Have you seen them live? I've been lucky enough to Meet James and see them 3 times :-)

Recently saw them in Cardiff, very very good live. I really enjoy the first album and remember being quite disappointed when Ryan left but the second album is such a step up!
Reply 406

I'm sure you'll find a link to this split to download around the internet.

Highly recommended, it's one of the best releases of 2011.
Original post by tssf_skye
Hey, I started the thread and I say go for it, if it's good music it's good music

Oh, awesome thanks xP

tbh
Reply 409
Original post by ironandwine

tbh

I remember the first time I listened to New Noise, that ****ing riff completely blew me away by how powerful it was.

Major props for Homeless Jazz, best song on the album imo.

Never listened to Trash Talk but I've heard good things about them, will add them to the ever-growing catch up list. :wink:
Reply 410
Original post by Betacra
snip

Still need to check it out, heard good things about it though. Annoyed they're not coming to the UK on their tour though!

Original post by fnm
Can't believe there's no Weezer in this thread. Practically created the whole emo scene with blue and pinkerton, and influenced many hardcore/punk/pop bands.

Weezer were really influential in the second wave, but emo was around long before Weezer :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 411
Original post by tooosh
Still need to check it out, heard good things about it though. Annoyed they're not coming to the UK on their tour though!

I posted on Alpinist's Facebook about coming to the UK and they said:

Alpinist.png

So hopefully some time in 2012 will happen although I'm not very optimistic. If they do get it together and come to the UK I hope Masakari join them because that would be incredible.
Reply 412
Original post by ironandwine

tbh

Amazing.

Seeing Refused and Trash Talk in August, just need LetLive to tour here again. :woo:
Born Of Osiris
Rose Funeral
Chelsea Grin (their new EP OMG)
Thy Art Is Murder
Betraying The Matyrs
Veil Of Maya

I almost learnt the Dissimulation solo for Born Of Osiris, well Lee's bit anyway. So good. Do you get why people didn't like A Higher Place? I loved it. Not as much as The Discovery but nevertheless it was pretty ****ing awesome.

Never heard of weekend Nachos though xP Looking them up now.

EDIT: just listened to Weekend Nachos. Pretty good stuff.

You sir, have a great taste in music lol. I don't know either, just personal tastes I think. It's the same with Lilith people either love it or hate it, I personally love it. I think there pretty good, you don't really get much blackened deathcore so it's a bit different.

You sir, have a great taste in music lol. I don't know either, just personal tastes I think. It's the same with Lilith people either love it or hate it, I personally love it. I think there pretty good, you don't really get much blackened deathcore so it's a bit different.

Haha thanks. The reason most people give for hating Lilith is because of the cleans :/
Haha thanks. The reason most people give for hating Lilith is because of the cleans :/

Yeah. Personally I prefer Chelsea Grins old stuff as I love the brutality of it but I like the cleans I there one way

Yeah. Personally I prefer Chelsea Grins old stuff as I love the brutality of it but I like the cleans I there one way

If I want pure brutality I just listen to slam death metal, like:

Katalepsy
Abominable Putridity
Guttural Secrete
Vomit Renmants

You like any of that stuff?
It's good to see some great bands being mentioned in this thread (including some I haven't heard of - thanks for the suggestions), I think given the number of emo kid, pop punk influenced, haircut bands that make 'hardcore' music nowadays, the genre can get a bit boring and diluted and samey. But I think bands like letlive. and Trash Talk are really innovative and keep me interested in this sort of music, so keep up the suggestions :smile:
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
Tell me about it, I have Spotify Unlimited and I swear I get my money's worth in one day. :tongue:

True that.

I'm really enjoying Stratovarius thus far.
Reply 419
I like some hardcore-ish bands, namely;
Weezer,
Cursive,
Commander Venus,
Deseparecidos,
Brand New,
Axis Of,
Pulled Apart By Horses,
Rollo Tomassi.

Quick Reply

Latest