Check out this poll...honestly.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
marina183
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Gnostic, one of UKL's members has been 'discussing' with me in the post 'Higher Education to be or not to be' how everyone that graduates from Portsmouth, or indeed anywhere that isn't UCL is a Bimbo...even if they get a first.
Check it out if you don't believe me.
I just needed some back up mon this to prove that not everyone on this board is as disgustingly narrow minded as the NOB that is Gnostic.
Cheers guys.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by marina183)
Gnostic, one of UKL's members has been 'discussing' with me in the post 'Higher Education to be or not to be' how everyone that graduates from Portsmouth, or indeed anywhere that isn't UCL is a Bimbo...even if they get a first.
I just needed some back up mon this to prove that not everyone on this board is as disgustingly narrow minded as the NOB that is Gnostic.
Cheers guys.
I'm strongly with you on this. Were I a recruiter, I would go for someone who has quite obviously worked for a 1st from Portsmouth rather than someone who might be bright, but it also a lazy bugger who did no work and got a 3rd from any other institution.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who is this 'Gnostic' fellow?
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cheers guys.
dont worry gnostic is a good man - his heart's in the right place and he is perfectly innocuous
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
dont worry gnostic is a good man - his heart's in the right place and he is perfectly innocuous
Oh, I think he'd like to think he was a baddie deep down
rhino
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Most unis require a first or 2:1 to allow postgrad so with a pass from LSE your stuck.
TELEPATHICTUBBY
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, going on reputation..LSE wins by far.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rhino)
Most unis require a first or 2:1 to allow postgrad so with a pass from LSE your stuck.
Incorrect. A 2:2 is NORMALLY quite sufficient.
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
A mate of mine is doing post grad with a 3rd, albeit with several years relevant work experience.
I'm doing an LLM (distance) after having screwed up my LLb(Hons) by getting a 3rd. What a dunce!
aaarrrggh
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gnostic's alright, he just rubs people up a bit with his opinions.
And his superior attitude, snobbishness, arrogance and half baked opinions.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
He is an absolute prat.
Bitewing
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
I'm strongly with you on this. Were I a recruiter, I would go for someone who has quite obviously worked for a 1st from Portsmouth rather than someone who might be bright, but it also a lazy bugger who did no work and got a 3rd from any other institution.
I agree Tednol, I'm quite surprised how close the poll is.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cheers guys.
Is this little scenario even likely to happen?
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bitewing)
I agree Tednol, I'm quite surprised how close the poll is.
Some people aren't taking this poll seriously.
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well, i dunno bout all this '1st and passing ****', but there are some people who got to just keep their mouths shut and stop saying all this 'ooh, my uni is better than yours' shite! god, it really does your head in!

we all know that some universities are better than others and they are 'worth more' when you've graduated, but we don't need to be told over and over again in every thread about some other university lower doen the 'league tables'!!

if you feel you will fit in with all the swotty clever-clogs' and you just wanna work work work, then goto to the 'almighty' LSE or whatever! just stop being so up yourself and realise that some people want to go to 'crapper' universities because they will fit in more and they want to have fun as well as work, and they don't need somebody telling them that they're dumb for doing so!

i know i have repeated myself a couple of times here, hmmph!

it's just getting old now!

out!
Timmy Tapeworm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You need a good grade (from anywhere) to do a Masters degree, so I would rather have the 1:1.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (43)
20.98%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
23.41%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
17.07%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
20.98%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (20)
9.76%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
7.8%

Watched Threads