Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Gnostic, one of UKL's members has been 'discussing' with me in the post 'Higher Education to be or not to be' how everyone that graduates from Portsmouth, or indeed anywhere that isn't UCL is a Bimbo...even if they get a first.
    Check it out if you don't believe me.
    I just needed some back up mon this to prove that not everyone on this board is as disgustingly narrow minded as the NOB that is Gnostic.
    Cheers guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marina183)
    Gnostic, one of UKL's members has been 'discussing' with me in the post 'Higher Education to be or not to be' how everyone that graduates from Portsmouth, or indeed anywhere that isn't UCL is a Bimbo...even if they get a first.
    I just needed some back up mon this to prove that not everyone on this board is as disgustingly narrow minded as the NOB that is Gnostic.
    Cheers guys.
    I'm strongly with you on this. Were I a recruiter, I would go for someone who has quite obviously worked for a 1st from Portsmouth rather than someone who might be bright, but it also a lazy bugger who did no work and got a 3rd from any other institution.

ReputationRep:
    Who is this 'Gnostic' fellow?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys.
    dont worry gnostic is a good man - his heart's in the right place and he is perfectly innocuous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    dont worry gnostic is a good man - his heart's in the right place and he is perfectly innocuous
    Oh, I think he'd like to think he was a baddie deep down

ReputationRep:
    Most unis require a first or 2:1 to allow postgrad so with a pass from LSE your stuck.

ReputationRep:
    well, going on reputation..LSE wins by far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhino)
    Most unis require a first or 2:1 to allow postgrad so with a pass from LSE your stuck.
    Incorrect. A 2:2 is NORMALLY quite sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A mate of mine is doing post grad with a 3rd, albeit with several years relevant work experience.
    I'm doing an LLM (distance) after having screwed up my LLb(Hons) by getting a 3rd. What a dunce!

ReputationRep:
    Gnostic's alright, he just rubs people up a bit with his opinions.
    And his superior attitude, snobbishness, arrogance and half baked opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    He is an absolute prat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I'm strongly with you on this. Were I a recruiter, I would go for someone who has quite obviously worked for a 1st from Portsmouth rather than someone who might be bright, but it also a lazy bugger who did no work and got a 3rd from any other institution.
    I agree Tednol, I'm quite surprised how close the poll is.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys.
    Is this little scenario even likely to happen?

(Original post by Bitewing)
    I agree Tednol, I'm quite surprised how close the poll is.
    Some people aren't taking this poll seriously.

ReputationRep:
    well, i dunno bout all this '1st and passing ****', but there are some people who got to just keep their mouths shut and stop saying all this 'ooh, my uni is better than yours' shite! god, it really does your head in!

we all know that some universities are better than others and they are 'worth more' when you've graduated, but we don't need to be told over and over again in every thread about some other university lower doen the 'league tables'!!

if you feel you will fit in with all the swotty clever-clogs' and you just wanna work work work, then goto to the 'almighty' LSE or whatever! just stop being so up yourself and realise that some people want to go to 'crapper' universities because they will fit in more and they want to have fun as well as work, and they don't need somebody telling them that they're dumb for doing so!

i know i have repeated myself a couple of times here, hmmph!

it's just getting old now!

out!

ReputationRep:
    You need a good grade (from anywhere) to do a Masters degree, so I would rather have the 1:1.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.