The Student Room Group

Toughest A level exam so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninegrandstudent
I'm A2, just didn't sit C1/C2 last year, and I'm predicted an A*. That C1 paper was horrible!

I wouldn't say its the worst exam I ever sat (F331 last year gets that!) but t wasn't nice and I can see why people struggled with it. Past papers were fine (apart from stupid mistakes) but this did seem a lot harder. Might have been the stress of being in exam conditions, but it definitely was slightly harder than normal. I know its my lowest UMS out of S1/M1/C2, and I'm more comfortable with getting better in C3 and probably C4 than that paper.

But C3 and C4 assume that you are completely comfortable with C1? When you get asked to find the equation of a tangent of parametrics, how are you going to do that if you can't do it for normal polynomials?
Reply 61
Surely for AS its OCR Bio unit 1 and 2 and aqa math c2
Reply 62
Original post by LauraEmilyT
Agree with you!
are you doing AS or A2? :smile:

I'm doing A2 - Edexcel! What about you? :smile:
Original post by alexsasg
I'm doing A2 - Edexcel! What about you? :smile:

Edexcel but AS, did my exam , oral in may & writing, listening & reading on14th may, just got to wait now til results to see if I can carry it onto A2

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 64
Edexcel but AS, did my exam , oral in may & writing, listening & reading on14th may, just got to wait now til results to see if I can carry it onto A2

Some of my classmates did your paper (they were resitting) - you had to write an essay on a giant pillow fight or something, I think?
Some of my classmates did your paper (they were resitting) - you had to write an essay on a giant pillow fight or something, I think?

Oh hang on so sorry mine is with OCR not edexcel, So no pillow fight :frown: , however i did read about it on here u think, mine was about our obsession with celebs :/ Do u mind me asking what grade u got for AS

Original post by Junaid96
But C3 and C4 assume that you are completely comfortable with C1? When you get asked to find the equation of a tangent of parametrics, how are you going to do that if you can't do it for normal polynomials?

That doesn't really relate to my post.

I'm not saying that C1 is hard, or completely unrelated to A2 modules. I completely agree you need to be comfortable with it to progress (more so with C2 in my opinion). BUT what I was saying was the May 2012 paper was harder than the past papers.

Having sat that paper, and currently revising for the A2 lot, I am more confident with my upcoming modules than I am for that one I sat.
Reply 67
Oh hang on so sorry mine is with OCR not edexcel, So no pillow fight :frown: , however i did read about it on here u think, mine was about our obsession with celebs :/ Do u mind me asking what grade u got for AS

Haha, I mix up my exam boards too. Wow, that's a weird question :/ I got a B at AS and resat my written paper in Jan, bringing the overall grade up to an A. :smile:
Mechanics exam for A Level Maths!

:mad:
Reply 69
Still M2, aqa(a) psychology unit 3 was nice this time! :rotfl:
AQA Biology exams :mob:
Politics unit 4! Unit 3 today was absolutely amazing and I couldn't have asked for better questions, but I'm seriously dreading unit 4 on Thursday! I just want it to be over already so I don't have to think about it anymore!!
Reply 72
Anything to do with AQA biology the stuff they come up with is utter BS
Haha, I mix up my exam boards too. Wow, that's a weird question :/ I got a B at AS and resat my written paper in Jan, bringing the overall grade up to an A. :smile:

Aw that's a right good great! Wish I could get that, but doubt I will! My teachers I think want me to carry it on & resit even tho u shouldn't think in that mind set. The oral was ish ok, preferred my mock role play but the topic part went well so hopefully that can boost me up!

M2 Edexcel, without a doubt! :stink:
English Literature
AQA
20th June 2012
Love through the ages

WILL. BE. DEATH.
Reply 76
Aw that's a right good great! Wish I could get that, but doubt I will! My teachers I think want me to carry it on & resit even tho u shouldn't think in that mind set. The oral was ish ok, preferred my mock role play but the topic part went well so hopefully that can boost me up!

Thanks, I'm just hoping my exam tomorrow goes well and then I'll all done! You never know, I'm sure it went better than you think it did :smile: to be honest, I think resitting one of the AS units is kind of good because by that stage your knowledge of the language has already improved so you could sit the exam, without any real revision, and probably go up a quite a few marks!
Thanks, I'm just hoping my exam tomorrow goes well and then I'll all done! You never know, I'm sure it went better than you think it did :smile: to be honest, I think resitting one of the AS units is kind of good because by that stage your knowledge of the language has already improved so you could sit the exam, without any real revision, and probably go up a quite a few marks!

Yea I've been told that from my teachers, 'cos with languages your always learning new vocab & stuff! Good Luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:

Reply 78
Yea I've been told that from my teachers, 'cos with languages your always learning new vocab & stuff! Good Luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:

Thank you! :smile: I'm guessing you've done all your AS exams so enjoy your summer before you have to start all the A2 stuff!
Si, done my AS exams however in my school we have to go back for 6 weeks before summer hols to begin A2, started on monday boo! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest