The Student Room Group

MEI M1 exam discussion - Friday 1st June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by firebolt
Well in january it was a new examiner so my teachers say its most likely to be like that, i did get confused by vectors but i went to a revision session so now its more inclined slopes

I can do slopes until the cows come home, it's the more "wordy" questions that get me. I do not like words.
Reply 41
Original post by Sora
I can do slopes until the cows come home, it's the more "wordy" questions that get me. I do not like words.

oh me neither, i usually get the wrong end of the stick and do something completely different haha
Reply 42
oh me neither, i usually get the wrong end of the stick and do something completely different haha

Yeah same! Or I get bored and guess the question :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Sora
Yeah same! Or I get bored and guess the question :biggrin:

Haha, i know someone with gen studies in january who wrote their own question haha :smile:
Reply 44
Haha, i know someone with gen studies in january who wrote their own question haha :smile:

That's amazing! Wonder if they get marks for creativity :P
Reply 45
Original post by Sora
Anyone got any idea on which the hardest paper is? I want to do a particularly hard paper before the exam tomorrow just to see how i get on. The hardest thing for me is the questions which involve i and j vectors :/ Good luck everyone though!

january 12 was the hardest IMO. i got 53/75 which was my lowest score.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by naman
january 12 was the harders IMO. i got 53/75 which was my lowest score.

I'll probably re-do it to get used to the format :smile:
Reply 47
Jan 12 section B was next
Aaah, M1. I hate M1. I hate mechanics. I'm just going to try and bluff my way through tomorrow
Reply 49
I hate mechanics so much, I'm just going to hope for the best tomorrow. At least the C2 exam a couple of weeks ago seemed to go ok, that should bring my mark up a little :/
Reply 50
Already looking forward to next year's retake :biggrin: That's confidence for ya :wink:

I just hate the questions which aren't entirely mathsy (yeah yeah tell me how they're all pure maths why don't you), like the connected particles and inclined planes. Projectiles are fine though, as is the rest of the exam. *crosses fingers*
Reply 51
Definitely going to fail the exam tomorrow! I'm just going to have to blag it and pretend I know stuff!
This is my plan: PANIC!!
Not looking forward to this at all as the papers seem to be getting harder every year :frown: its my final chance with it too :frown:. Good luck everyone :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 54
The first sections was very easy, the section B though was very challenging and difficult :/
Reply 55
what did you get for the last bit of the last question?
Reply 56
Original post by jbarnor
what did you get for the last bit of the last question?

4 km differentiate 4t^2 - 8t get t = 1 sub this back gave dS = 4 km. so maximum distance apart is 4 km

Reply 57
Original post by Sha_15
The first sections was very easy, the section B though was very challenging and difficult :/

Last question was dodge did anyone get beta as 0.241 3sf

Reply 58
Overall it was good. The bearing angle should be 3 digits there it should be 021. I forgot the 0 -_-

Reply 59
Original post by xiyangliu
4 km differentiate 4t^2 - 8t get t = 1 sub this back gave dS = 4 km. so maximum distance apart is 4 km

was it in km?! i got 4 but i think i put metres instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending