The Student Room Group

Edexcel Italian A2 2012

Anyone doing this exam on the first of june?
im italian, but i still left the research based preparation a tad to olate... so i basically have less than a week to prepare the researched based essay.
how much do i have to cover, does anyone know? (planning to do the history question)
Reply 1
Are you italian?
Reply 2
It depends what topic you're doing I suppose.

In my school we're doing geography which requires quite a lot of preperation but if you sit down and revise hard-core for 2 days straight you'll be fine.

We're also doing the film 'La vita e bella' but I think you need to invest a lot more time into the literature/film topic if you want to achieve a good mark. But that's only my opinion...

Good luck!
Reply 3
I love that film.....
Reply 4
Yeah, it's amazing! And so good to analyse.
Reply 5
Hey :smile: I'm taking this exam too! And my RBE is on La vita e' bella, I love it but I'm praying that the question on themes comes up (please not extract!!)

Anyway, a couple of my friends are doing History and they're studying the rise/fall of Mussolini so they've researched key figures, events, etc.
If you go to the Edexcel Italian page then under teacher support materials there is a document called "generic research based essay guide" and there's a section on it with some sample questions, so you could use them to focus your research on whatever you choose in the end :smile:

Good luck everyone!
Original post by reenh93
It depends what topic you're doing I suppose.

In my school we're doing geography which requires quite a lot of preperation but if you sit down and revise hard-core for 2 days straight you'll be fine.

We're also doing the film 'La vita e bella' but I think you need to invest a lot more time into the literature/film topic if you want to achieve a good mark. But that's only my opinion...

Good luck!

I am also doing the Geography question on Veneto. Last year's research based easy was on the demographics of the region, what do you think might come up this year? :smile:
Also which Region are you studying?

and Good luck for tomorrow!!
Reply 7
So, the verdict?
I did the question about whether or not social networking sites like Facebook are dangerous or not which was kind of exactly like the practice one I did on the dangers of online chat rooms two weeks ago.

Research essay question was a God-send. My aspect of society was organized crime, so "What do you think is the most serious problem in contemporary Italian society and how do you think it should be resolved?" was a pretty jammy deal.

Overall, very happy :smile: Btw, how big is everyone's bibliography?
Reply 8
It was SO terrible for my topic :frown: Literature was "event" but I'd only ever prepared extract, so I had to try and make that an event and it was just really tragic. I'm really disappointed now, I really don't think that I got any more than a D :/

The rest of the exam was alright though, I loved the discursive title (the one on politics and young people)!! And the translation was a bit weird but okay, apart from the fact that I forgot the word for 'law'.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed, but I hope everyone else's went better! My bibliography had only four sources in it (including the film and the screenplay for the film)
Reply 9
Bummer :frown: don't worry, I'm sure you're just over-analysing it :smile:

Agreed, the translation was odd. I was expecting some kind of funky vocab requirements but, instead, just questionable tenses :/ Ah well, only 10 marks

What book did you do? I was going in with Il barone rampante as back up
Did anyone do the history question? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by lellylelly
Are you italian?

yes i am:smile:

ahh crap, we needed to include a bibliography? :frown:
i don't have a teacher so the preparation was just up to me... well thats marks out of the window. :frown:
translation was lovely i found, and both questions were amazing! i answered the one about facebook and it went great, and for history i talked about the induction of fascist dictatorship during the after war as one of the important events:smile:
did anybody write about "Il cavaliere e la morte?
Hello wanna revive this thread for current AS + A2 Italian students!! Hit me up anyone who does "Io non ho Paura" and is currently preparing for the speaking exams!
Hi,
I am doing the A2 course in one year. I was just wondering what examinations and preparations I need to do before the actual exam.
What is the Researched Based Essay?
What do I need to prepare for it?
How many speakings are involved; what are the broad topics.
How many writings aspects are there in the exam?

Thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest